Pages:
Author

Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread - page 10. (Read 27963 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Not already supporting gridseed orbs/blades may have been something you'd want to have disclosed before selling them to people who buy them for their blades.  Undecided

In fact, any limitation over some of the other RPi distro's out there, like the lack of API access is actually quite important to a lot of us.

You said you'd be adding in support for blades tonight, I'll be looking for it.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I have no idea I thought it was supposed to be one click pool switching but I may be wrong.
It says Multi Pool Switching on the site and I took it to mean simple switching.
My mistake I think.

That is a great question.
I wish I had thought to ask that when I interviewed Thomas about the controller.

I also cannot get the one click pool switching to work either still.

Eric, another question.  How do you handle the ZenMiner being resold?  For example, if someone sells their ASIC and ZenMiner as a package, but the ZenMiner has already been registered... can the number on the side be used to register another account? Or can the original account be modified to change the username for a new owner?  Would the old/new owners need to go through you guys to get this sorted on a case by case basis?

one click pool switching? Seems I don't have this feature.

How's it supposed to work?
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
I wish I had thought to ask that when I interviewed Thomas about the controller.

Eric, another question.  How do you handle the ZenMiner being resold?  For example, if someone sells their ASIC and ZenMiner as a package, but the ZenMiner has already been registered... can the number on the side be used to register another account? Or can the original account be modified to change the username for a new owner?  Would the old/new owners need to go through you guys to get this sorted on a case by case basis?

one click pool switching? Seems I don't have this feature.

How's it supposed to work?
legendary

Eric, another question.  How do you handle the ZenMiner being resold?  For example, if someone sells their ASIC and ZenMiner as a package, but the ZenMiner has already been registered... can the number on the side be used to register another account? Or can the original account be modified to change the username for a new owner?  Would the old/new owners need to go through you guys to get this sorted on a case by case basis?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Many zenMiner users are reporting the same, however, all have confirmed that pool stats (i.e. real stats) are typically much closer to what you'd expect them to be. We're actively working on refining the detail of the statistics provided in the zenOS UI.
What does the discarded number actually mean?  I realize that the no-submit-stale is NOT being used, so if all shares are being sent to the pool, what is being discarded and where?  By the way after about a half a day of running Furys, my accepts are 1862 and my discards are 2902.
Hi Eric, can you tell me what the "Discarded" number in the Zen UI actually means?

Good thread on GAW Community forum for this question. https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/zenminer_discarded_shares
well, I like this answer "If you are mining on a stratum server, and you should be, discarded shares don't matter. You can disregard them entirely." - I hope it's accurate Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Many zenMiner users are reporting the same, however, all have confirmed that pool stats (i.e. real stats) are typically much closer to what you'd expect them to be. We're actively working on refining the detail of the statistics provided in the zenOS UI.
What does the discarded number actually mean?  I realize that the no-submit-stale is NOT being used, so if all shares are being sent to the pool, what is being discarded and where?  By the way after about a half a day of running Furys, my accepts are 1862 and my discards are 2902.
Hi Eric, can you tell me what the "Discarded" number in the Zen UI actually means?

Good thread on GAW Community forum for this question. https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/zenminer_discarded_shares
Activity: 6
Question:
If I already have a Pi, do I have to purchase the zenController from GAW or can I just download an image and purchase an activation key somewhere?
legendary
Probably a dumb question but I will ask anyways.
I want to change pools but leave the one I already have as a backup.
Is there not a button or selection setting for which of the pools I want as my main pool?
The recent updates are great by the way.  
Each one is making it easier to use and more useful.
Also is the Map option supposed to show where you are or your pool??
Activity: 2
I created a subreddit for zenMiner.

http://www.reddit.com/r/zenMiner/

It's currently under development and I'm looking for feedback on it. 
Activity: 40
Seems that the save button doesn’t work when I add a second pool. Once I leave the pools page the 2nd pool I added disappears.

Actually, I can’t change the pool even on the original pool I have. Save button doesn’t work.

EDIT: seems to work with 1 pool now, but only if I log out and back in…

That's because we just fixed the issue a few moments ago Smiley

Thanks Eric.
Seems that the save button doesn’t work when I add a second pool. Once I leave the pools page the 2nd pool I added disappears.

Actually, I can’t change the pool even on the original pool I have. Save button doesn’t work.

That's because we just fixed the issue a few moments ago Smiley
Activity: 54

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
I had some trouble initially activating my zenminer controller, so I contacted support and Eric was really responsive, helped me out right away. Mining as we speak, love the cloud hosted GUI too.
Activity: 54
I am just a little curious on what security risks the ZenController poses on my network.

I’d like to know this also..
Activity: 5
Thank you for all of your help this morning and getting back with me as soon as you did, Eric.
Activity: 2
I just wanted to stop by and say that Eric has been great with answering my questions very quickly (usually just a couple of minutes).  I've had everything up and running smoothly for the last 24 hours or so, except for the discard rate.  I'm looking forward to seeing what new features will be added.

I am just a little curious on what security risks the ZenController poses on my network.  My plan is to eventually segment off the controller and miners on to their own subnet or their own network entirely.
Activity: 6
Thanks to Eric I have my zenminer up and running after some initial software issues.    I swear he never sleeps.   I send an email and he responds in minutes :-)
i thought it was supposed to update thru clouds and stuff

you mean im gonna need to use a pc to do this then i might as well run the miner on a pc

or can you provide instructions how to flash it using a tablet

That method is only for people having issues with an out-of-the-box zenMiner controller. Most customers have no issues just plugging in the device and logging right in.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
Anyone having an issue with their zenMiner controller not operating correctly, we're having a lot of success by having customers download and re-flash the latest image to the SD card.

The image can be found here -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5NwyWqMWtbhMlVvTVpTbE5xcEE/edit?usp=sharing

And steps to flash it can be found here -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UilAJ3wMOgoHFqz9e1zhOvz79KQDascYaC6Aq3sbmqg/edit?usp=sharing

If you need additional support, don't hesitate to email [email protected] but PLEASE include the following information:

zenMiner.com Login Name
zenMiner.com Registered Email Address
Your original 4 digit activation PIN
Your outward facing IP address. https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+my+ip

i thought it was supposed to update thru clouds and stuff

you mean im gonna need to use a pc to do this then i might as well run the miner on a pc

or can you provide instructions how to flash it using a tablet
Pages:
Jump to: