Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 12. (Read 36724 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
May 17, 2015, 06:12:26 PM
I need cheese and chips! Because Premine's Gonna Burn in ~ 30 Minutes!
lol, Screenshots or it didn't happen

Obviously!

EDIT: I can't burn, error! Tried X9641PremineDead211d7588aad868fb6be
So what do you mean you can't burn the premine?

Yes, he can't burn it because the address to which he chose to send the premine was too long by one character...

Edit: Also, an updated Windows wallet (2.3.1.0) would be nice because I've had six people PM me about being unable to sync the blockchain from scratch (and two questions in this thread). Now that you've fixed it, it should be worth releasing as an optional update.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
May 17, 2015, 06:02:37 PM

Obviously!

EDIT: I can't burn, error! Tried X9641PremineDead211d7588aad868fb6be
So what do you mean you can't burn the premine?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 17, 2015, 03:52:17 PM
Activity: 25
May 09, 2015, 03:53:45 PM
Done! The OP Is Updated!
So everything on the OP now is exactly what we should have for the new wallet? And will we have to download a new blockchain or anything? Also is the .conf file on the OP the one that we should be using now? Thanks in advance Wink

Same to same blockchain, just acknowledging the update and changing the interest to 572% p/a
legendary
Activity: 1050
May 17, 2015, 12:35:11 PM

Any chance you can stop the posminer from starting while the wallets syncing? just think it's a good idea

It's Already Done! No Staking till Full Sync!

talk about on the ball  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1050
May 17, 2015, 09:55:53 AM
Hopes for New Updates:

- A Huge ton of Checkpoints
- Removal of DeOxyRibose's Photo in overviewpage.ui
- Changing of Icons to Stake
- Masternodes in Testnet!
- Burning of Premine
- Removal of PoW Miner
- Removal of RPC Console Ugliness
- Addition of Total Money Supply in Blockchain Explorer
- Nothing Else for Now.......

Targets with New BTC?

I would advise against removing the PoW miner. Adding in a check before the miner threads are created to make sure the current network block is less than POW_CUTOFF_HEIGHT is more appropriate, in my opinion. That would leave the sources intact and prevent needless CPU usage if someone accidentally sets generation to true.

As for the photo removal in the overview page, I'm all for that. I can't even use the wallet on my laptop because the screen is too small.

And you don't need "a huge ton of checkpoints" for syncing, in my opinion. The current checkpoints are adequate.

Any chance you can stop the posminer from starting while the wallets syncing? just think it's a good idea
May 09, 2015, 03:47:34 PM
Done! The OP Is Updated!
May 17, 2015, 04:57:02 AM
Hopes for New Updates:

- A Huge ton of Checkpoints
- Removal of DeOxyRibose's Photo in overviewpage.ui
- Changing of Icons to Stake
- Masternodes in Testnet!
- Burning of Premine
- Removal of PoW Miner
- Removal of RPC Console Ugliness
- Addition of Total Money Supply in Blockchain Explorer
- Nothing Else for Now.......

Targets with New BTC?

I would advise against removing the PoW miner. Adding in a check before the miner threads are created to make sure the current network block is less than POW_CUTOFF_HEIGHT is more appropriate, in my opinion. That would leave the sources intact and prevent needless CPU usage if someone accidentally sets generation to true.

As for the photo removal in the overview page, I'm all for that. I can't even use the wallet on my laptop because the screen is too small.

And you don't need "a huge ton of checkpoints" for syncing, in my opinion. The current checkpoints are adequate.
May 17, 2015, 04:09:40 AM
latest wallet + nodes + delete all the block files ,always stuck at block 2501,why???

Have you tried this block chain: xna_blockchain_12410.zip?

As I stated slightly earlier, I submitted a pull request that had the unfortunate side-effect of breaking blockchain syncing if you are below block 2500. You can try the above blockchain or download the 2.1.2.0 wallet, sync up to block 2500, then run the new 2.3.0.0 wallet to sync the rest of the blockchain from scratch.

I'm sorry to have caused you (and everyone else) this trouble.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
May 17, 2015, 03:50:47 AM
latest wallet + nodes + delete all the block files ,always stuck at block 2501,why???
legendary
Activity: 1027
May 17, 2015, 03:13:34 AM
sorry for the panic
I found my first POS block

legendary
May 17, 2015, 03:05:26 AM
apparently I'm on the correct block chain
I don't have a POS
May 17, 2015, 02:56:25 AM
I still don't have a POS blocks
when new download the block chain gets stuck in the 2500 block

Have you tried this block chain: xna_blockchain_12410.zip?

I broke blockchain syncing when niitassin fixed PoS. I'm sorry you've been having issues with it.
May 09, 2015, 04:06:01 AM
Changes in Version 2.1.2

- Splash Screen Text is Now Readable
- PoS Block set to 2500
- Fixed Staking Miner
- Memory Overflow Fix
- IRC May not Work

Link: https://github.com/niitassin/XNAPoS/releases/tag/2.1.2

Staking is still probably not going to work properly because nWeight is not properly calculated. That is why the wallet always displays "Not minting because you don't have mature coins" - that message is only displayed when (!nWeight) is true. Since it is returning as true all the time, that means the reported nWeight must be 0.

As such, the problem lies in GetStakeWeight2(), but I have no idea how you changed the algorithms or how it might affect this. It might not just be an issue with the GUI, or it might be an issue wherever GetStakeWeight2() is used to calculate POS reward or check blocks or something. But nWeight == 0 is not a good sign.

In unrelated news, there are new Linux sources and binaries for 2.1.2.0. Sources can be found here: https://github.com/feldenthorne/XNAPoS. Make sure to check the changes I made before compiling, but they focus on restoring the IRC/Web window and giving it correct URLs. IRC still won't work, though, because there is no freenode.net IRC channel for the coin, as far as I know.

If you can't compile the newest source (and I recommend trying), you can download these binaries: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fch7oi5ygelg266/DeOxyRibose_qt_headless_2.1.2.0.7z

Remember to scan for viruses! It's not worth it to trust other people's binaries with your money.

Edit: a letter

I redesigned hashblock.cpp, nothing else
legendary
May 17, 2015, 02:40:40 AM
I still don't have a POS blocks
when new download the block chain gets stuck in the 2500 block
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
May 16, 2015, 11:38:21 PM
Block Explorer at xna.miningalts.com has been upgraded to the 2.3.0.0 wallet and is on the correct fork.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
May 16, 2015, 05:34:15 PM
Mac Wallet Updated and available here: https://github.com/ctgiant/XNA/releases/tag/2.3.0.0

Please scan for viruses to keep your computer safe!  Don't trust strangers with your computer's safety.
May 16, 2015, 05:13:11 PM
with your version i get only 0.007 POS coins
with official github i got 5 POS coins

You are correct, though I am not entirely sure why. It was working on testnet, but does not appear to be working on the live network (or the 2.2.2.0 wallets are dictating the reward).

In the meantime, do not use my source. I will remove the strikethrough when it is fixed.

Edit: It's been running for about six hours and seems to be giving the correct rewards on testnet and the live network. Thanks for bringing this up.
legendary
Activity: 924
May 16, 2015, 04:24:26 PM
Updated Linux Builds (2.3.1.0):

I've made a few changes to the official source, viewable at https://github.com/feldenthorne/XNAPoS. I would highly suggest looking over my changes and compiling from these sources if you use plan on compiling yourself.

Overview of Changes:
  • PoSV2 calculation fixed to use block height instead of block time
  • PoSV1 calculation restored to clipped algorithm
  • Fixed blockchain syncing from below 2500 blocks (you can now sync the full blockchain without a download)
  • Bumped RPC protocol version because it was not bumped during the hard fork

Although I would suggest building your own binaries, if you can't figure out how to compile them for Linux yourself, you can give these a try: DeOxyRibose_qt_headless_2.3.1.0.7z.

A word of caution, however: using other people's binaries is highly inadviable! It's a lot safer to review the source yourself and build from code that you can review. If you do insist on using the above binaries, make sure to give them a virus scan!

Blockchain (12410, Windows/Linux/Mac):
If you need a copy of the blockchain for some reason (even though you should be able to sync the whole thing now, after the syncing patch), you can try this: xna_blockchain_12410.zip.

with your version i get only 0.007 POS coins
with official github i got 5 POS coins
May 09, 2015, 01:53:28 AM
Updated Linux wallet (2.0.1.0):

I would highly suggest that you look at my changes at https://github.com/feldenthorne/XNAPos and compile from those sources. This changes fix LevelDB compilation, the balance display issues, and make the splash screen text legible.

If you really can't build binaries yourself, you can use these: DeOxyRibose_qt_headless_2.0.1.0.7z.

Remember to scan for viruses! It's not worth it to trust other people's binaries with your money.

Edit:
POW continues
POS does not work

As far as I know, the max block height is never checked anywhere, so POW should continue until niitassin fixes it. (I haven't checked recently, but I didn't see any changes in the commits.)

And I know nothing about changing algorithms, but I'm going to assume (since the POS issue has affected both wallets) it is probably because of the way that niitassin changed the hashing algo. What I imagine happened is he changed the POW algorithm, but not the POS algorithm. No way to check what was changed, though, and I don't know enough about the source to check easily.

Changes in Version 2.1.2

- Splash Screen Text is Now Readable
- PoS Block set to 2500
- Fixed Staking Miner
- Memory Overflow Fix
- IRC May not Work

Link: https://github.com/niitassin/XNAPoS/releases/tag/2.1.2
Pages:
Jump to: