Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 2. (Read 27386 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2013, 05:03:32 PM
The only thing Tom could do to regain some of the trust would be to refund eveybody, build the bASIC devices with his own or some investors money, demonstrate success with a working device and then start selling the devices.

I pretty much agree with this.  The pre-order model for bASIC needs to be abandoned.  If they want to maintain the current order book so that people can keep their places in the queue, then that could be done by way of a token (say $50) deposit with the remainder of the purchase price being paid when the units are actually ready to ship.

They also need to unlock their forum.  These occasional hyperbolic posts from Tom are too much like "from the desk of Tom Williams" reports when all the communication is one way and legitimate questions are remaining unanswered.  To date, not one shred of evidence has been provided that there is a "new team" or that more funds have been secured.  People shouldn't be asked to take Tom's word on these things - Tom should be falling over himself to provide evidence and to answer questions about "what next".
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253
January 20, 2013, 02:22:20 PM
legendary
Activity: 952
January 20, 2013, 02:18:11 PM
Maybe he's converting all the BTC to amazon Gcards??? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asT9B3_S-cI

lol - how far one can fall.. his name on any project going forward is 110% risk for everyone involved.

From 0:52-1:16
I've got 15 GPUs there, for a total of about 6.5GH, mining around the clock. And those coins that I mine are part of what's paying for these Christmas Gifts. How cools is that?

So where are the rest of the coins coming from? Customers?
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
dafq is goin on
January 20, 2013, 02:05:12 PM
Requested refund @ 13th, didn't get a response.

Same here, except Dave wrote me back, that btc refund request has been forwarded to Tom (on friday the 18th).

Activity: 297
January 20, 2013, 01:57:44 PM
Other than a long of long wordy promises from Tom, there's been nothing of substance.  I thought he seemed the most open out of the bunch when the whole Asic preorder frenzies started, but he really has to demonstrate more than just empty guarantees now for people to trust him.

He prided himself on being open, but talking a lot about nothing doesn't represent that.
legendary
Activity: 966
January 20, 2013, 01:49:13 PM
I skipped all the speculative rambling that is so common on this forum, and would simply like to add some useful information. I emailed Dave January 13th asking for a CC refund for my purchase and received an email response from him on the 17th stating it has been refunded. Today, the money is back in my account.

It is well known that those who used CC to purchase are getting refunds. Those who used bitcoin to pay on the other hand are still waiting. I've not spoken to anyone that used bitcoin to pay that has received a refund. Kind of sad that a CC was safer to use. Not good for bitcoin.

A lot of BTC were refunded: http://blockchain.info/address/19Ysizrie7XAGcqSTzhCTsMTuUaFU1hCEa

But only on 11-Jan.  I count myself lucky that my refund was included in that batch.

I have not heard of anyone receiving a BTC refund since then.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 20, 2013, 01:47:32 PM
Maybe he's converting all the BTC to amazon Gcards??? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asT9B3_S-cI

lol - how far one can fall.. his name on any project going forward is 110% risk for everyone involved.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 20, 2013, 01:46:27 PM
I skipped all the speculative rambling that is so common on this forum, and would simply like to add some useful information. I emailed Dave January 13th asking for a CC refund for my purchase and received an email response from him on the 17th stating it has been refunded. Today, the money is back in my account.

It is well known that those who used CC to purchase are getting refunds. Those who used bitcoin to pay on the other hand are still waiting. I've not spoken to anyone that used bitcoin to pay that has received a refund. Kind of sad that a CC was safer to use. Not good for bitcoin.

A lot of BTC were refunded: http://blockchain.info/address/19Ysizrie7XAGcqSTzhCTsMTuUaFU1hCEa
donator
Activity: 543
January 20, 2013, 12:34:07 PM
Requested refund @ 13th, didn't get a response. (Order history still says "Ready to ship")
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253
January 20, 2013, 08:54:17 AM
The only thing Tom could do to regain some of the trust would be to refund eveybody, build the bASIC devices with his own or some investors money, demonstrate success with a working device and then start selling the devices. There is no sign that he plans to refund any of the BTC customers which basically means:
bASIC is dead!
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
???
January 20, 2013, 02:40:34 AM

I can also confirm my refund is in, for a request sent on January 8th.  This was for a purchase not in BTC,  good luck to all.

legendary
Activity: 952
January 19, 2013, 04:54:56 PM
Sooo... Did the sale to the ASIANS fall thru when bASIC lost all their customers?
January 19, 2013, 04:49:56 PM

Latest from Dave on refunds, posted 17 January.

Hey I'm back in action today, and have been cranking through refunds.  The beatings will continue  

I also plan to do a full reconcile of all BTC refunds I've sent to Tom and will flag any that he's missed.

Hoping to hear positive news on a buyout deal tomorrow.  Other than that, nothing new...

Perhaps now that new investors have been found and the project is "moving forward", Tom can concentrate on processing BTC refunds.
Activity: 502
January 19, 2013, 04:47:04 PM
I requested my refund at 530 on the 14 when btc was 14.15 a coin.
still have yet to receive it!
Activity: 172
Merit: 10
January 19, 2013, 04:40:44 PM

Activity: 472
January 19, 2013, 04:31:11 PM
Activity: 72
January 19, 2013, 04:21:22 PM
"We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL."

That is very true though, nobody else will release bASIC Bitcoin mining units.. ever.
legendary
Activity: 966
January 19, 2013, 04:16:17 PM
Just let it go.  bASIC is done.  The only one who doesn't realize this is Tom.
January 19, 2013, 04:14:43 PM
Honestly, the "old money" investors who are trying to salvage this project need to make their identities known.  Right now we have assurances that there's a new team overseeing the project and new funds to complete it but the failure to disclose who these people are leaves everyone having to trust Tom's judgement - which has already proven flawed.  Tom and Dave should be working overtime to convince people that this project is now in the hands of capable people - they can't do that by hiding the identities of those on whom completion of the project now depends. 

In addition, we were told that the identities of the new investors/team would be revealed once a deal was struck, so this is just another broken promise.
Activity: 172
January 19, 2013, 03:32:00 PM
Not executing the BTC refunds as promised and posting this message: Is Tom crazy now?

There is no trust anymore and only a complete idiot will pay a single cent to do a bASIC pre-order. This message just makes no sense. Tom, say no to drugs!

That is why their forums remain locked. If they opened them up, they would be flooded with people asking where their btc is and no one else would trust him with a pre-order.
Pages:
Jump to: