Pages:
Author

Topic: : - page 2. (Read 70881 times)

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
January 31, 2012, 10:46:59 AM
The upwards pressure was initiated buy a bot putting up bigger, evenly sized bit near the market price. The bids then vanished after there was some buying.

Maybe it’s one bot trying to create VOLATILITY so it can profit?

Or it’s two fighting bots. I don’t know.

ONE THING I know for sure, though. This was manipulation, not normal market behaviour.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2012, 10:44:10 AM
It appears similar to the stabilization bot two months ago.  Just starts selling and creating walls the moment the price climbs. Pretty much doing everything possible to prevent a climb if there is upward pressure. Might do the same if there is downward pressure, but the last couple days, it appears to have been trying to keep it down.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
January 31, 2012, 10:40:33 AM
Would someone explain for stupids what exactly "the bot" is doing? I don’t get it, it seems like bears and bulls trying to manipulate each other. Huh

Maybe first I will say what I saw. I saw the order book increase very quickly and some bigger orders near the market price pop up. Then, people bought up a bit and the buy orders vanished. I also saw similar stuff on the ask side.
legendary
January 31, 2012, 10:38:35 AM
Bam... bot is back.  Angry
legendary
January 31, 2012, 09:47:10 AM
Yes, it doesn't feel like the stabilizer bot again. It was enjoyable over the last 40 minutes to watch the price climb ever so higher without an obvious botting. Then bam... bot tosses down 900 on the sell side... now it is about 700... it seems to disappear when someone tries to buy through it. Another 'ghost sell' as I call them. Though it looks like other people are getting sick of this too.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
January 31, 2012, 01:21:26 AM
This is looking like bot territory.

This. And I'm getting very sick of it. It seems as though the bot owner is doing everything to keep the price from climbing. The bot appears to have a 'place a couple hundred btc just a little lower than the last price' thing happening. Of course... if it is a bot/bots...

Take a look at 30min RSI... Do you know a human that is disciplined enough to trade that regular?

Nope. arrgggg
So are these bots intentionally selling cheap to keep the price low? The buy high, sell low theory of negative wealth?
legendary
January 31, 2012, 12:30:48 AM

This. And I'm getting very sick of it. It seems as though the bot owner is doing everything to keep the price from climbing. The bot appears to have a 'place a couple hundred btc just a little lower than the last price' thing happening. Of course... if it is a bot/bots...

Take a look at 30min RSI... Do you know a human that is disciplined enough to trade that regular?

Nope. arrgggg
legendary
January 30, 2012, 11:23:54 PM

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
January 30, 2012, 10:05:16 PM
we're looking quite entrenched, for the moment.

stable perhaps?

Whale can come by at any moment and blow everyone's expectations out of the water.

Except for the expectation that a whale will come by at any moment Cheesy
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
January 30, 2012, 09:48:22 PM
we're looking quite entrenched, for the moment.

stable perhaps?
legendary
January 28, 2012, 12:44:58 PM
Seems to me this picture is a bit bearish short term judging by the resistance curve's slope

It is normal that shortly after a price surge that there is some void on the bid side.

As mentioned before, I would not rely too much on the orderbook. It gives too many false signals and can be manipulated too easily.

There are so many 'ghost' bids/sells it is incredible. I won't call these 'fake bids', since the fake ones actually seem to have real btc/dollars supporting them even if they are removed when the price hits them. These ghost bids/sells seem to be used as bait to lure people in one direction or the other. Usually it is batches of 300btc. When when you try to buy into one you get nothing.
legendary
Activity: 2100
January 28, 2012, 12:39:56 PM
Seems to me this picture is a bit bearish short term judging by the resistance curve's slope

It is normal that shortly after a price surge that there is some void on the bid side.

As mentioned before, I would not rely too much on the orderbook. It gives too many false signals and can be manipulated too easily.
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
January 28, 2012, 12:17:02 PM
I am finding this concept very useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_interval

is there anywhere to see a graph of this?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
January 28, 2012, 11:46:52 AM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 27, 2012, 04:41:55 PM
I am finding this concept very useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_interval

As long as this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceteris_paribus is not being ignored.
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
January 25, 2012, 10:29:11 AM
A view from 10,000 ft.

Ironically, $7.2 used to be the site of a plateau Shocked
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
January 25, 2012, 10:06:44 AM
It is actually fairly calculation intensive. And the way I have things set up it would be a semi-manual process... I just don't feel like doing it.

do you have valid timestamps on the pics? If so it could be made to not be such a mess... care to share a tgz or something that preserves "datetime created"?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
January 24, 2012, 09:48:14 PM

It would be kinda cool to see an animation of the charts through time.  Not cool enough for me to actually do it though Smiley  One can sort of obtain the effect by sliding on the forum page.  Sort of like drawing a stick-man on multiple pages of a book...back in the old days when books were common.

It would not be that hard to do, but I haven't been consistent in gathering the snapshots, so it would be a mess. Maybe I will do that one day if I see that there is a series of fairly consistently collected snapshots.
The formula is posted publicly though, so is it not possible to recurse through the historical data and regenerate the graphs?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
January 24, 2012, 09:18:44 PM

It would be kinda cool to see an animation of the charts through time.  Not cool enough for me to actually do it though Smiley  One can sort of obtain the effect by sliding on the forum page.  Sort of like drawing a stick-man on multiple pages of a book...back in the old days when books were common.

Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
January 23, 2012, 11:10:10 PM
it's developing plenty of stability at this price..
Pages:
Jump to: