Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
June 27, 2016, 02:39:50 AM

Haha Altsheets  Cheesy How can I say no?  I'm saying YES to pledge 100k

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 26, 2016, 02:27:40 PM
Any developments going on? Is this project going to upgrade to Ardor style blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 2693
Merit: 1176
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
June 26, 2016, 09:05:28 AM
@altsheets

I pledge also 100k
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
June 26, 2016, 08:48:57 AM
How much longer you going to go on implementation of Blocknet ?

legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
June 26, 2016, 08:13:24 AM
What's the best way to determine how many nodes are there right now?
There was a page here: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=graphs&graph=nodes but it is not that informative anymore  Wink

I could re-run my crawling analysis:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13674800 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13674934
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13656056 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13656002

Wondering if the number of nodes is an actual issue or is there a better way for NHZ to move forward.

Yes, perhaps there are enough nodes to fully secure the network?  But in general: The more the better.

Also, increasing interest in HZ, more people using it, etc. - my idea & suggestion was inspired by Adamlm's question.

Hi, I have not been following this topic for a while; is it still possible to earn daily HZ for running a trusted node?
If so, what is the daily payout?

... idea: ...
I pledge 100k HZ for that initiative.
Who else?

P.S.: I think this is an idea worth trying = I have just bought HZ.
Activity: 199
Merit: 102
June 25, 2016, 11:49:04 AM
What's the best way to determine how many nodes are there right now?

Wondering if the number of nodes is an actual issue or is there a better way for NHZ to move forward.
legendary
June 25, 2016, 10:42:41 AM
P.S.: I think this is an idea worth trying = I have just bought HZ.
legendary
June 25, 2016, 10:04:37 AM
is it still possible to earn daily HZ for running a trusted node?
Nope. Distribution phase is over.

But ... idea:

* The HZ community, we, could get together, and collectively fund an address.
* From which weekly payouts to node owners are made. Are the scripts available?
* a new bitcointalk-thread created for that purpose, to funnel related questions, and to keep this thread here free

* Once that address is empty, there is simply no payout for a while ...
* ... and then the node owners could get active themselves, to encourage HZ holders to fill it up again.

Not enough time to take care of that myself, but:

I pledge 100k HZ for that initiative.

Who else?

EDIT:
The maintainer (of thread & scripts) needs reward too. When you pledge money for this,
include your opinion: A percentage (0%-100%) that you suggest for his work.

Then we take the weighted average  (sum-of-all-i ( vote_i * pledged_sum_i )) / total_pledged_by_voters
and can pay the good soul who wants to take care of this initiative. Details to be discussed (e.g. 1/3 upfront, etc).
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
June 25, 2016, 04:16:08 AM
Hi, I have not been following this topic for a while; is it still possible to earn daily HZ for running a trusted node?
If so, what is the daily payout?
legendary
June 24, 2016, 07:28:23 PM
Good idea.

You

That "You" ... can be: you.
legendary
Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074
June 23, 2016, 10:30:01 AM
Only Poloniex and Bittrex has pairs with HZ
You need to ask to add in other exchanges as btc38 for example.
legendary
June 05, 2016, 01:22:05 PM
I am testing the ROKOS raspberryPi solution - where greatly, Horizon is included.

Here are some of my first impressions & ideas for future versions ...

Suggestions for future versions of ROKOS

(click for larger)

Yiehah, I love my new tinycomputer. And ROKOS is truely great. Kudos!

While testing it ... I wrote down whatever came to my mind.

Here's a first list: ROKOS_firstuse-experiences_altsheets.txt (in github)

May it help ROKOS ... to get even better!

Sunny greetings!

Wink

---
EDIT: retweet please - thx.

- really  ... consider to get yourself an rPi3 (+ transparent case + HDMI cable + 2.5A USB 5V mains adapter + 8GB or 16GB microSD (get fastest one) + small external 2.5'' HD) ... for << 100 dollars, it is worth it!

EDIT: If you like this, you can show it: [HZ] NHZ-Q675-SGBG-LQ43-D38L6
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
June 02, 2016, 07:36:51 AM

We Need some help making the ANN we will offer Bounties Paid in HZ and other Crypto

Hey, I think Testing Crypto, FireCoin community manager, can help you with making ANN thread.

Thanks for thinking of me Sakura, but I'm in no way a community manager & only a community member (BBcoder) trying to keep FireCoin (TechCoin also) from going defunct. I might be willing to help with the ANN, just let me know what the communities thoughts are on what needs to be improved & I'll git it done.
Activity: 170
Merit: 105
ADSactly is an Autonomous Decentralized Society
June 01, 2016, 06:36:31 PM
That would be awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
May 30, 2016, 07:34:59 AM
Not sure who controls the Horizon_HZ Twitter at the moment but I've send a DM to Pizpie with the offer to help manage the account and send out tweets once awhile.
I would do it voluntarily and also use my own channel to promote on. The account is not used much lately so why not utilize it.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
May 26, 2016, 03:01:10 AM
We are looking for a few Supporters, Whales, Traders, to help us expand our DAO and get things moving forward.

Currently we have a little over 40 Crypto Coins.

We want to Buy into ALL of the Assets in SuperNET.

Here is the Crypto Fuel http://cyber.fund/@ADSactlyCrypto

PM us if you are interested in securing a few units that will help us fund development.  

We have created 100,000,000 Units Total and we would also like to learn how to mirror the asset on NXT.

The Asset ID is 12000355406314305267

We Need some help making the ANN we will offer Bounties Paid in HZ and other Crypto

Hey, I think Testing Crypto, FireCoin community manager, can help you with making ANN thread.
Activity: 170
Merit: 105
ADSactly is an Autonomous Decentralized Society
May 24, 2016, 09:17:27 PM
We are looking for a few Supporters, Whales, Traders, to help us expand our DAO and get things moving forward.

Currently we have a little over 40 Crypto Coins.

We want to Buy into ALL of the Assets in SuperNET.

Here is the Crypto Fuel http://cyber.fund/@ADSactlyCrypto

PM us if you are interested in securing a few units that will help us fund development.  

We have created 100,000,000 Units Total and we would also like to learn how to mirror the asset on NXT.

The Asset ID is 12000355406314305267

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
May 24, 2016, 04:36:45 PM
We're hoping for fresh talents in slack since years, if you know someone send them to https://slack.horizonplatform.io/  Wink

There's not many rights that could be transferred. Of course there wouldn't be a cost for it, as long as we can be convinced that it won't be shut down anytime soon after.
Website, explorer, web wallet can easily be moved if someone would want to take over responsibility for it. The main repository will still be managed by our lead dev mawo, but any contribution is welcome. We even have some code for smart contracts that could be implemented right away.
The foundation funds are not to be given away, but used according to what has been promised - reoccuring cost (hosting, domains...) is covered by default, everything else requires community approval.

thanks for the honest answer
legendary
May 24, 2016, 11:27:42 AM
dirtygraham!
(sorry I come late to the party, but I was busy with the MVP of our great new project. You can still invest some BTC there after evaluating it, but time is running out. May 31st!)

As much as I understand your dilemma ... and thanks a bunch for that funny table image ... great laughing :-) ... perhaps it is not a dilemma, but a huge chance for you.

--> I think you are a market maker, but you do not realize it yet.
Instead you ask others (who are not even in the position to be) to be market makers.

Perhaps I have NOT understood your situation. Could be. Tell me.

But perhaps you also need to read the following explanation? -->

... On Bittrex & Poloniex combined, the orderbooks are so thin ...

There might be a -simple yet basic- misunderstanding about due diligence in cryptocurrencies. Let me explain.

Exchanges are the wrong place to keep coins.
Exchanges get hacked, exchanges disappear, exchanges go bankrupt.

Keep your coins in your wallet, only there they are safe. If your wallet computer is safe.

And secondly -crypto-economically/-legally/-technically-
do you realize that you are giving up your property when you send coins to an exchange?
They swap your coins for an IOU. Which is essentially ... just a promise, not more. You don't own your coins anymore.
"Only if you are holding the private keys to your funds ..." you might have heard that sentence before.
And this is also one of the biggest differences between crypto assets, and banksters' assets. Traditional Wall Street shares you seldom keep yourself in your safe at home (unless long term, pension-type of investments, perhaps), but your bank/broker keeps them for you - and you only own an IOU, trusting them. Cryptos are different, important parts of the system are built to be "trustless".

So that there are only relatively few HZ coins in exchange order books is GOOD. It is a sign that HZ holders are not the dumbest.

I will be happily sending some of my HZ funds to exchanges, and fill up orderbooks WHEN the price has risen. Why should I before?
That would be crazy uneconomical.

Speaking of uneconomical:

I imagine you need 278 million HZ at this price (let's say 20 Satoshi) to pay dividends.
You would pay 56 Bitcoin for it. Right?

Now, if I follow your suggestion, you would like the price to be .... e.g. 200 Satoshi. Right?
Then 56 Bitcoins would buy you only 28 million HZ.

At 2000 Satoshi only 2.8 million HZ.

If I were you, I'd probably be buying buying buying now.

(No guarantees, but:) Five possible effects:

* The price would rise. Finally perhaps even to your envisioned realm (But there is a lot of sell pressure too, so that will take time)

* Many large holders would send to exchanges, and place sell orders. Of course. Demand raises price. Raised price creates supply.

* You buy HZ, but only to distribute them again as dividends. That means, you do not even need end up as a large HZ holder.

* You feed fresh money, which inspires others to feed fresh money. The whole system later stabilizes (after overshooting, but you are one of the market makers, so act wisely)  - it very probably stabilizes at a higher price, and marketcap. And you get rewarded for that "first mover" initiative, because:

* You would have bought for an extremely attractive price.

Because you start buying ... now.

If you like this, show it. I like to give sound advice - try me.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
May 23, 2016, 08:48:02 PM
We're hoping for fresh talents in slack since years, if you know someone send them to https://slack.horizonplatform.io/  Wink

There's not many rights that could be transferred. Of course there wouldn't be a cost for it, as long as we can be convinced that it won't be shut down anytime soon after.
Website, explorer, web wallet can easily be moved if someone would want to take over responsibility for it. The main repository will still be managed by our lead dev mawo, but any contribution is welcome. We even have some code for smart contracts that could be implemented right away.
The foundation funds are not to be given away, but used according to what has been promised - reoccuring cost (hosting, domains...) is covered by default, everything else requires community approval.
Pages:
Jump to: