Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 33. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Great pool!
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
We bounce up and down, but seem to be hitting 400 GH more often these days.  I'm waiting for the day when we are 400GH without the hoppers Smiley  407 GH/s at the moment.
Activity: 448
400GH!
We now report correct block numbers for our solved blocks.  We used to be off occasionally, but this is fixed now.  This is a retroactive fix, so the old block numbers have been corrected as well.

So, this isn't all true yet.  Historical block numbers have been corrected, but for new blocks we could still be off until I improve things some more.
Added payout history (must be logged in) https://arsbitcoin.com/payoutHistory.php
We now report correct block numbers for our solved blocks.  We used to be off occasionally, but this is fixed now.  This is a retroactive fix, so the old block numbers have been corrected as well.
Fixed the monthly hashrate chart.
Activity: 140
I would consider moving to a host that supports baseload better - Amazon has always been on the top line price wise for 24/7 needs.

If anything helps - I am unwilling to donate btc, but I may be willing to put up a server as backup. I have a little spare capacity in one of my computing clusters, so a 4-6 gb machine with 4 processor cores should work out.
I was adding up some numbers about what the pool has received in transaction fees and donations.
7.726362 BTC in transaction fees since it started (more than I thought it would be)
16.98413925529879 in SMPPS donations
3.65 BTC in donations from the proportional payment system
~4.5 BTC in manual donations

For a total of about 32.86 BTC.

Approximate costs so far, using $13 USD as the exchange rate.
$140 June Amazon bill (10.83 BTC)
$353 July Amazon bill (27.15 BTC) (includes a fair amount of time running two servers, one for testing SMPPS)
$33 August Amazon bill so far (2.53 BTC)
~7 BTC in donations to SimpleCoin,Ozcoin,jgarzik,IceyEC/Lego, for their software/help/contribution to making the pool possible.
14 BTC in first 3 block bounties

For a total of about 61.51 BTC.

So, the pool is still in the hole about ~28.65 BTC depending on how you look at it (include my donations, bounties, or not.)  This doesn't include some additional incentives I paid to try and get some of the first miners to join and get the pool off the ground.

Anyways, this isn't a plea for more donations, and I really don't want to start another discussion about this stuff right now.  I was just doing the numbers for myself, so I thought I would post them.

Hosting the server at Amazon is quite expensive, but I think it has been pretty dang stable and performant.  We are at 1 minute of downtime in the last 7 days, http://stats.pingdom.com/4cr8bt233281/376311.  Our current load average with ~340 GH/s is  0.10, 0.12, 0.13.  So we should be able to handle quite a few more miners.  So, invite your friends!  I want to see what we can handle, and wouldn't mind having to set up a second server!
On the "My Stats" page it says "Paid PPS Work at 0:00 7/32 = 1.1577588253104047"

I'm grateful for the payout but I didn't know I was mining on July 32nd!

It's the revised Julian calendar where August is part of, and comes before July Grin

Hehe...  Not sure why the PPS Chart shows 7/32 instead of 8/1.  However, that is what it shows.  It isn't a magical extra day of mining Smiley

As for the monthly hashrate chart, yes, it is a bit broken Smiley

I kinda like this more interesting calendar system though....
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005
On the "My Stats" page it says "Paid PPS Work at 0:00 7/32 = 1.1577588253104047"

It's the revised Julian calendar where August is part of, and comes before July Grin

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

The flaming "Internet151" looks a little 1995.  Cheesy

Yes, yes it does Smiley  

IRC:
(11:02:22 PM) Internet151: burningtoad should give me a special prize or something imo
(11:02:30 PM) Internet151: for finding so many blocks
(11:02:53 PM) ***BurningToad slaps Internet151 around a bit with a large trout
(11:02:58 PM) BurningToad: oh wait
(11:03:06 PM) ***BurningToad gives Internet151 a high five
(11:03:07 PM) BurningToad: Wink
(11:03:32 PM) Internet151: make my name flaming on the stats page imo
(11:03:48 PM) BurningToad: that would be sweet

I'll take it down after a bit Tongue
Activity: 13
The flaming "Internet151" looks a little 1995.  Cheesy
Activity: 294
*Edit* people were asking who found it, nickname "NetTecture" found the missing block.

Seriously?

I FOUND A DAMN BLOCK?

Can not believe it Wink And I am not even consistently mining - not until sunday I can turn the miners on full time, and not until 2 weeks I can expand to 30 giga Wink

gratz dude! :thumbsup:

Could ya find another one?  It's been 7.5 mill shares.  Sad

Good thing we have a big buffer.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
*Edit* people were asking who found it, nickname "NetTecture" found the missing block.

Seriously?

I FOUND A DAMN BLOCK?

Can not believe it Wink And I am not even consistently mining - not until sunday I can turn the miners on full time, and not until 2 weeks I can expand to 30 giga Wink

gratz dude! :thumbsup:
Activity: 140

Seriously?

I FOUND A DAMN BLOCK?

What happened to the "Shares This Round" data on the left side of every page?

There is a link to detailed share data in 'My Stats', but 'shares this round' is still on the left.

I think he is talking about personal shares this round.  That did indeed disappear with the latest update.  Because shares in the current round don't matter for payment in SMPPS, I made the optimization to just show shares on a per-day basis.  To make up for taking some data away, I added more detailed per-worker, per-day statistics here: https://arsbitcoin.com/workerHistory.php.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I was waiting for you to open registrations again. Signed up! Grin
Activity: 21
Looks to be running really smoothly since the update, and it seems our lucky streak is holding up still. Grin

I've only noticed one thing that's funky and even then it's only aesthetic. The "Current Day Shares" column differs for me between what's shown on the Pool Stats page and the Lifetime stats page.

stats.php:
http://stryfeonline.net/images/arsbitcointop40.gif

statsAll.php:
http://stryfeonline.net/images/arsbitcoinlifetime.gif

But really that's just nitpicking. I love this pool.
Pages:
Jump to: