Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 37. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Yeah, it's a known problem. I think it currently just checks every 5 minutes. If a block is found, it just assumes the latest found block is it. I think that's a bug with SimpleCoin, but not sure. I assume BurningToad is planning to fix it.

It is an issue with the simplecoin framework, inherited from the mining pool framework.

This is near the top of my issues log. Hopefully I will have a fix in place before long.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Hello,  I'm back from being out of town and will be catching up with emails/forum/etc as I can.
Activity: 322
you pool been included "who found the bitcoin blocks"

http://digbtc.com
Activity: 140
Well, double Wink 15 digits Wink Or simply a very large decimal with at least 4 digits more than bitcoin can be splitted (12). Wink
Activity: 448
From the decimals displayed it seems you are using FLOATS to store Bitcoin values! Angry

I'm off here until this is either explained or fixed. (Never. Ever. Use. Floats!)

What's wrong with them? I think the system is more fair than just truncating and keeping those fractions, however minute they may be. C'mon...we've all seen Office Space.

If it's a security thing, please elaborate, as I am sure we are all interested.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
He's using floats to try to be perfectly fair and everyone gets their exact share. It gets rounded when you withdraw and not just rounded down when you earn your share.
It's probably not worth it to be that precise since 1 satoshi is not worth much. But why are you so against it that you would quit mining here? Is using floats going to cheat you of something?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
From the decimals displayed it seems you are using FLOATS to store Bitcoin values! Angry

I'm off here until this is either explained or fixed. (Never. Ever. Use. Floats!)

Edit:
The decimals I am displaying on the site have nothing to do with how they are stored on the back end.  The site has things rounded to 8 decimal points for most things, 12 for the PPS share count, but underneath it is not rounded, and is stored as doubles.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Is the server at max load? I am showing some connection issues every so often.
Just curious...
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Yeah, it's a known problem. I think it currently just checks every 5 minutes. If a block is found, it just assumes the latest found block is it. I think that's a bug with SimpleCoin, but not sure. I assume BurningToad is planning to fix it.
Activity: 123
Hello there,

I think there is a problem with your statistics page. Some of the blocks you claim you found were definitely not found by you.

For example: your stats say you found block #136661, yet it was found by Eligius (just look at it, lots of generation addresses of miners mining on Eligius, also the coinbase says "Eligius").

I just want to report this issue, and if you eventually plan to fix it (it would be nice) ! Thanks.

(An easy fix would be to display the block hashes instead of trying to "guess" the block number, since the hash is always accurate.)
Activity: 112
PPS rocks! Now i just need more shares!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
We are going to be hit hard soon aren't we? It has to swing towards the unlucky side soon?

That's the great thing about PPS, we could hit a 20 million share round, but that buffer will keep paying out per share...

Dont think I ever saw a 20Mil  but you could get a few 4-8 Mil  in a row...   still the buffer would have plenty
Activity: 378
We are going to be hit hard soon aren't we? It has to swing towards the unlucky side soon?

That's the great thing about PPS, we could hit a 20 million share round, but that buffer will keep paying out per share...
Activity: 448

Look at the stats now...even better. The buffer has swelled to like, 350btc in two weeks or so.

It doesn't 'have' to swing in any direction. Probability says it should, but that hasn't meant much thus far, and our past performance has no bearing upon the future, so it's not like our lucky streak will come back to haunt us. We've just been on fire since the first block.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Had a slow start, but pretty much ever since then seems to have been pulling in way over the average.
Reason I mention bring this up again is that I'd have assumed buffer should be +/- 50 (on average and tend to zero), it's now running at +250

3 blocks in a row between 130k - 400k   thats extremely lucky
and no mega rounds of 4M-8M   like other pools...  I think not even a 3M ...

Average around 1M in last 30 rounds or so....
Had a slow start, but pretty much ever since then seems to have been pulling in way over the average.
Reason I mention bring this up again is that I'd have assumed buffer should be +/- 50 (on average and tend to zero), it's now running at +250

We are still much smaller than the large pools, so variance is still a huge factor.

If I ever decide to shut down the pool with a large buffer, I would pay out the buffer based on all PPS shares submitted, increasing the value of each share basically.  If we are negative though, I would have paid out all we could proportionally anyways.
We haven't had any invalid blocks yet.  It wouldn't mean much really, it would just be like not finding a block.  Factors in to all the luck stuff.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Actually Wuked, it is a little different here due to SMPPS.  There are no personal unconfirmed rewards, only for the pool.

Unconfirmed BTC is the BTC we are waiting on from generated blocks.  The pool doesn't get the 50 BTC from a block until they are confirmed.

Unpaid work is your credit for submitting shares that hasn't been paid to you yet.  Paid work is credit for shares that you have been paid for.  When you are paid, your Current Balance is increased by the amount that is added to paid work.  When you have a current balance, you can withdraw it at any time to your personal wallet.

Right now we have a positive confirmed BTC buffer, so we do payouts every time the total unpaid work for the pool is 10 BTC or more.  At that point, each person has their Paid work increased by their unpaid work, then unpaid work goes to 0.  Once again, this is because the pool has a surplus of BTC to pay right now.

Ah O.K - I do apologise. It's a bit different for SMPPS Smiley

Are you going to get screwed if you get an invalid block ?
Pages:
Jump to: