Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 38. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Actually Wuked, it is a little different here due to SMPPS.  There are no personal unconfirmed rewards, only for the pool.

Unconfirmed BTC is the BTC we are waiting on from generated blocks.  The pool doesn't get the 50 BTC from a block until they are confirmed.

Unpaid work is your credit for submitting shares that hasn't been paid to you yet.  Paid work is credit for shares that you have been paid for.  When you are paid, your Current Balance is increased by the amount that is added to paid work.  When you have a current balance, you can withdraw it at any time to your personal wallet.

Right now we have a positive confirmed BTC buffer, so we do payouts every time the total unpaid work for the pool is 10 BTC or more.  At that point, each person has their Paid work increased by their unpaid work, then unpaid work goes to 0.  Once again, this is because the pool has a surplus of BTC to pay right now.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
So, most of you have noticed that the server has some load issues when doing stats / share calculations when blocks reach 120 confirmations.  It depends on round length, but this would usually cause server slowdowns for about 10 minutes every 12 hours.

These calculations are not actually used for payouts at all anymore.  They used to be, for the proportional system, but now they are just for stats purposes.  This is how you can see your historical shares per round and things like that. 

My question is, do people still care about personal shares per round with the SMPPS system?  One solution it to remove these kinds of stats.  SMPPS shares are counted as they come in, and that is how payments are decided. It isn't related to shares per round at all. 

So, I could provide share stats on a per-day basis, as that is how SMPPS stats are aggregated (like the daily earnings chart.)  This would not be a rolling 24 hours, as that requires a lot more storage similar to the current system, but a hard reset each UTC day.  Though, I suppose I could change this to an hourly system to give better granularity.

Anyways... just kinda thinking aloud.  I will try and improve this issue when I get the time.

Thanks.

I think all the data is important
Also could you also break down the data? I hate to sound ignorant but after thinking about it I am not sure I even fully understand it. What is considered by "unconfirmed" coins? Unpaid Work? or Paid Work? Thanks!

Unconfirmed Coins will be money you are owed that hasn't yet reached the 120 confirmations that the pools need to confirm their 50BTC block reward. When the reward equals 50BTC your reward will move from unconfirmed to confirmed.
Activity: 70
So, most of you have noticed that the server has some load issues when doing stats / share calculations when blocks reach 120 confirmations.  It depends on round length, but this would usually cause server slowdowns for about 10 minutes every 12 hours.

These calculations are not actually used for payouts at all anymore.  They used to be, for the proportional system, but now they are just for stats purposes.  This is how you can see your historical shares per round and things like that. 

My question is, do people still care about personal shares per round with the SMPPS system?  One solution it to remove these kinds of stats.  SMPPS shares are counted as they come in, and that is how payments are decided. It isn't related to shares per round at all. 

So, I could provide share stats on a per-day basis, as that is how SMPPS stats are aggregated (like the daily earnings chart.)  This would not be a rolling 24 hours, as that requires a lot more storage similar to the current system, but a hard reset each UTC day.  Though, I suppose I could change this to an hourly system to give better granularity.

Anyways... just kinda thinking aloud.  I will try and improve this issue when I get the time.

Thanks.

I think all the data is important
Also could you also break down the data? I hate to sound ignorant but after thinking about it I am not sure I even fully understand it. What is considered by "unconfirmed" coins? Unpaid Work? or Paid Work? Thanks!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
All new accounts (as in, you haven't registered an account yet) will have their default donation set to 1%.  This value can still be changed in the account details to anything from 0 to 100%.  
BT, do you have a tradehill link?

1% is fair and is pretty much what he needs to break even based on the numbers crunched by another contributor earlier.

Thanks.
Wow! seems odd to not have a block in the pipeline.  Grin

I'm sure another will come along soon....
Thanks for taking a close look at these things. It makes you wonder how many blocks other simplecoin-based pools found without noticing! (And then silently taking the unaccounted and unexpected 50BTC for themselves. Wink)

Hehe, hopefully none!  I think we are the highest-load simplecoin based pool, so things are likely to show up here first.  Plus, I have plenty of custom code that could make things differ a bit from other pools.

Activity: 98
We found block 135,888, followed by block 135,889.  However, in the stats, it thinks the second block is 135,890, because it was found in the same 5 minute interval as 135,889, and it just gets the latest block number in that interval as the one we found.

Thanks for taking a close look at these things. It makes you wonder how many blocks other simplecoin-based pools found without noticing! (And then silently taking the unaccounted and unexpected 50BTC for themselves. Wink)
Related to the "block didn't show up in stats" problem, is the incorrect block number problem.

For example..... we just found two blocks in a row!  

We found block 135,888, followed by block 135,889.  However, in the stats, it thinks the second block is 135,890, because it was found in the same 5 minute interval as 135,889, and it just gets the latest block number in that interval as the one we found.

Anyways, another thing I need to fix, though it doesn't actually cause any problems...

Anyways... we just found two blocks in sequence!!! How awesome is that???
You can now hide all those extra workers you created.

What happens when you hide a worker that you are currently mining with? I assume that would screw things up, right? You should probably only show the hide button if the worker is idle (when it's red).

Also, can you please sort the worker list by name? Thanks!

All done, thanks!

Well, I still show the hide button, but it won't do anything if the miner is active.

I still need to add a "unhide all" button.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

What happens when you hide a worker that you are currently mining with? I assume that would screw things up, right? You should probably only show the hide button if the worker is idle (when it's red).

Also, can you please sort the worker list by name? Thanks!
donator
I just upped my donation percent. Thanks for all your hard work!
You should definitely add some optional perks like miner idle emails.
Thanks everyone for helping me to try and get this pool to break even!  In order to help reach this goal, I am making the following change.  This change is now clearly noted in the original post, home page, and registration page.

All new accounts (as in, you haven't registered an account yet) will have their default donation set to 1%.  This value can still be changed in the account details to anything from 0 to 100%.  

I am hoping that this encourages some donations or at least gets people to think about how much they want to donate upon joining, and setting their own value.  I think 1% is fair for what the pool provides.  In the future I will look at adding optional perks for those who donate.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
This is probably a good time for people to check their donation settings, or to make sure your wallet still sends ok with BurningToad's address. Not sure if there's a pool link to signup for Tradehill; I'd use that too if available.

This...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
This is probably a good time for people to check their donation settings, or to make sure your wallet still sends ok with BurningToad's address. Not sure if there's a pool link to signup for Tradehill; I'd use that too if available.
donator
Yeah, thanks for being so honest BurningToad. You could have easily just kept the extra 50 BTC and no one would have known. It's nice to find such a good pool and pool operator. And the fact that it's also lucky right now is just icing on the cake. Smiley
Thanks for letting us know and being proactive even though you have a high workload ATM. We appreciated your efforts!
Activity: 98
That's good news. More guaranteed PPS payments! Grin

I've seen a "listgenerated" patch somewhere. It only lists generation transactions. I'm not sure if it works with recent releases of bitcoind, but it might be a solution to your problem.
Hello,

Due to a problem with the pool software under a higher load, I just noticed that we found a block that did not show up in the database/stats/webpage.

This block is: http://blockexplorer.com/block/0000000000000a2b5d284e15919c23eaef7988ebec93ef0af8939c51952fc589
The block currently has 179 confirmations.

I've been very busy lately with work and have only been able to check in just to see if there are any major pool problems, or I would have found this sooner.  I noticed it because the pool balance is 50 BTC higher than it should be.

The problem that surfaced is that the method for checking for new blocks is that every 5 minutes, the pool looks at the last 10 transactions to see if an 'immature' block pops up.  Well, I guess there were 10 payouts in this window and the 'immature' block fell off of this short list.  I have now fixed the code to check the last 500 transactions until I can spend the time to come up with a better method.

This is the only block that this has occurred for, I could not find any other un-accounted blocks (and the pool balance corresponds to just this one missing block.)

I can provide more explanation later, but I wanted to post this as soon as I found out.  Yall can check the SimpleCoin code to see this specific "listtransactions" call and how it was set up if you are curious.

Thankfully, with the SMPPS system in place well before this block was found, there aren't any major consequences for payouts.  I will simply add this 50 BTC to the confirmed BTC total, and our buffer will increase by 50 BTC.  This means that one of our round's statistics basically includes two rounds worth of shares, but as we don't use round shares for payouts anymore, this isn't balance or payout affecting.

I am STILL very busy with work, but when I get I chance I can come back and answer any questions yall might have.
Pages:
Jump to: