Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 39. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I've come to take over your stats page leaderboard! ^_^

Rocking the charts there, fella. Awesome.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I have a proposal for a better SMPPS payout system. See: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=27698
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
I've come to take over your stats page leaderboard! ^_^
Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire
Had a quick about this pool.

(Btw love the new system)

In my lifetime work and unpaid work is a different number than my current balance. How does this work? Is the unpaid going to be added to the balance?

* Lifetime Work is the cumulative total BTC you have earned (shares * PPS share price)
* Unpaid Work is the portion of Lifetime Work that you haven't been paid for yet.  This may be because blocks are still unconfirmed, or it may be because the pool has been "net unlucky" and needs to have some lucky blocks to catch back up to "even".
* Paid Work is the amount you have actually been paid.  This happens when blocks get confirmed.  The 50 BTC from each confirmed block gets distributed between everyone with Unpaid work.
* Balance is the portion of Paid Work that you haven't withdrawn yet.

So when blocks confirm, your Paid Work will go up and your Unpaid Work will go down by an equal amount (donations wil make your Paid Work go up a bit less than your Unpaid Work goes down).  At the same time that your Paid Work increases, your balance will increase until you manually request a withdrawal or until auto-payout threshold is met at which time your balance will be transfered to your Bitcoin address and your Balance will be 0 again.

Thank you so much, that was bothering me looking at that haha.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500

In my lifetime work and unpaid work is a different number than my current balance. How does this work? Is the unpaid going to be added to the balance?

* Lifetime Work is the cumulative total BTC you have earned (shares * PPS share price)
* Unpaid Work is the portion of Lifetime Work that you haven't been paid for yet.  This may be because blocks are still unconfirmed, or it may be because the pool has been "net unlucky" and needs to have some lucky blocks to catch back up to "even".
* Paid Work is the amount you have actually been paid.  This happens when blocks get confirmed.  The 50 BTC from each confirmed block gets distributed between everyone with Unpaid work.
* Balance is the portion of Paid Work that you haven't withdrawn yet.

So when blocks confirm, your Paid Work will go up and your Unpaid Work will go down by an equal amount (donations wil make your Paid Work go up a bit less than your Unpaid Work goes down).  At the same time that your Paid Work increases, your balance will increase until you manually request a withdrawal or until auto-payout threshold is met at which time your balance will be transfered to your Bitcoin address and your Balance will be 0 again.
Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Done updated my donation.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
We were BS'ing in IRC earlier and bugging BT about pool fees/server costs.  As we all know, the pool does not currently have a required fees, but according to BT the servers are costing a bit under $10/day to run.  While it's not much, I don't think we're covering those costs with our voluntary donations.  With our current hashrate (115 GH), the pool should find on average 1.5 Blocks (75 BTC) per day.  Right now the average donation is about 0.3%, so the pool is only collecting about .225 BTC a day (75 * .003).  

Considering BTC is worth about $14 right now, that's only about $3.50 a day coming in with fees.

I don't know if BT is going to put in a mandatory fee, but it's definitely not fair for him to be paying for all of this out of pocket.  Hopefully as the pool gets bigger, there will be more people/BTC found per day for the same server costs, but in the meantime, why not raise your donation percentage a smidge or send him a donation?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Just noticed ars has a pool and moved 1 of my miners off. Been reading ars since the very beginning, so thanks for setting this up BT!
Activity: 207
First payouts under SMPPS have been completed Smiley  Everything looks smooth!

This, followed by solving two more blocks, with one at just 61,153 shares!  Things are looking up for us!
I think I just fixed some of the login issues we have been having.  You may need to clear your cookies, but after that everything should be smooth.

Please post if you still have issues!
Please don't feed the troll just to promote your pool. The fact is that GimEEE's nonsensical rant against Eligius is not much different from his rant here. Eligius, also, announced the plans to transition to the new system about a month in advance. Eligius, also, will pay whatever BTC is owed. Etc.

Sorry, I didn't mean to slight Eligius in any way.  I am indeed done with answering GimEEE now.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I was considering joining your pool. . .
I'm glad you showed a willingness to do a rapid change of the pool's ToS that significantly materially affects the mining agreement with little or no notice to your customers.
That alone is a deal-breaker for me.
The fact that the change was from 0% proportional to a system that credits users a fraction of that on short rounds (see my thread on reward comparison) is in itself a deal breaker even if you had given a bare minimum of 48 hrs or so notice by email or some other form like the header of your thread.
Finally, the fact your site doesn't have ssl as all the more popular ones is another.
It is unlikely these differences will ever be reconciled.

Best of luck though, I hope you make some money off the miners using this pps, and I hope they get what they deserve.

I have been mentioning the switch to SMPPS for quite a while now in this thread as well as on IRC.  I could have given better warning, but the expected reward for mining on the pool has not been reduced at all.

Your reward comparison thread shows some payment problems at Eligius, not payment problems here.  If the pool has BTC to pay, and someone is owed BTC, it WILL pay them.  It is very clear on our website how much the pool owes, how much it has, how much it has paid out, etc.  Miners will NOT get short changed on this system.  The pool will NOT "make money off the miners".  Over time, the SMPPS buffer will trend towards zero by definition.  I am not going to suddenly stop the pool with a large BTC buffer and not pay it out to miners.
Please don't feed the troll just to promote your pool. The fact is that GimEEE's nonsensical rant against Eligius is not much different from his rant here. Eligius, also, announced the plans to transition to the new system about a month in advance. Eligius, also, will pay whatever BTC is owed. Etc.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005
Do people prefer that, or prefer to have the option of HTTP/HTTPS?

HTTPS all the way.
You can get a free cert here. Compatible with any modern browser.
http://www.startssl.com/

This has been set up.  Let me know if there are any issues.  Right now everything is redirected to SSL.  Do people prefer that, or prefer to have the option of HTTP/HTTPS?
One question about the new system.

Suppose the pot is in the negative (ie, ppl are owed coins, but we haven't mined enough yet).. if I try to cash out, will I have to wait until we have mined the next block? Also, is there an order to who gets paid, ie who tried to cash out first, and so on?

So, there is "Total PPS Work".  This is the number of shares you've submitted that have been counted and noted.  Then, there is "Paid PPS Work".  When the pool gets available BTC (currently, there is 50 BTC unconfirmed), this BTC will immediately go towards trying to make everyone's "Paid PPS Work" equal to their "Total PPS Work".  It does this in a fair way.  If 5 people are owed 2 BTC each (10 total) but only 5 BTC are available to pay out, each person gets 1 BTC added to their "Paid PPS Work".  The "SMPPS Buffer" would now be at -5.  The next time the pool gets BTC, it will continue to try and pay everyone.  

You can only "cash out" Paid PPS Work.  When BTC is added to your Paid PPS work, it is added to your actual "Current Balance".  When you have a current balance, that is when you can request a payout.  If you have a current balance, you don't have to wait for any blocks or anything like that.  The BTC is all ready to send to you.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Up to 102 GH/s.

I noticed another block was found 4 hours ago. The other pools must hate us.
Activity: 126
Hi,

Tom Lightspeed here, did some stats work, if you like it please donate: 1LYjJCtP8RFJ6zz6orxf5ym9CrvxPS4pDr

I could do some of the things you guys want too from what I am reading

May the force be with you

I do appreciate it tom!  I sent you 0.5 BTC a while back.  If the pool becomes a net positive for me, or we request some work, I can send some more Smiley Others are of course welcome to donate too if you like the stats page!

Ahh that was you! thanks Cheesy
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
One question about the new system.

Suppose the pot is in the negative (ie, ppl are owed coins, but we haven't mined enough yet).. if I try to cash out, will I have to wait until we have mined the next block? Also, is there an order to who gets paid, ie who tried to cash out first, and so on?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I like the new payment scheme. Consistent payouts and the like are fine, but the main draw for me is the protection against pool hoppers.
Pages:
Jump to: