Pages:
Author

Topic: 1-2 years of Bear Market from now? (or much less?) (Read 944 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
The cryptocurrency community will need relatively little time to recover the cryptocurrency market. My estimated time: another 3-6 months.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
So, based on discussions with many friends, I came to the conclusion that it was not the wrong choices in altcoins, but also biggest coins suffer on this - long - or temporary BEAR MAKRET.

Every passing day, MOST of altcoins depreciate in value.

I'm afraid we're stuck in a LONG TIME bearish market.

I do not want to start any kind of FUG with this topic. I just a topic of debate for everyone's opinions.

Now comes the following question: How long will be needed to stabilize the ENTIRE market ?

FUG? Hehe. I believe you mean FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).

Going back to the topic, i partly agree that we may be in for a longer period of bear market. However, i feel that this won't last forever and eventually bulls will have to come in and raise the value of crypto. All we probably needs is a good catalyst in the form of a big news event (hopefully which announces scalability problems have been solved) to get people interested in bitcoin and crypto again.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
what do people always refer to the whole market as ONE?!

there are nearly 2000 different altcoins and tokens and despite what it looks like most of the times they are not connected to each other. this "bear market" that OP was pointing out a while ago is different for each coin. for some of them (like the big  coins such as ETH, XRP, LTC,...) it is still ongoing and will probably continue until the end of the year since they are far from their bottoms but for many others (such as the smaller coins) the bear market has been over a long time ago. for example today i saw a coin on my exchange that had risen nearly 260% in the past 24 hours!

do you think that your coin will maintain its upgoing trend while all the cryptocurrency market is in bear trend? that 260% rised coin will eventually lose its value after its investors want to sell and gain profit. of course we will see some increasing movements in altcoins and also in bitcoin, but this will not mean that bear market is over yet.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
So, based on discussions with many friends, I came to the conclusion that it was not the wrong choices in altcoins, but also biggest coins suffer on this - long - or temporary BEAR MAKRET.

I do not want to start any kind of FUG with this topic. I just a topic of debate for everyone's opinions.

Now comes the following question: How long will be needed to stabilize the ENTIRE market ?

This bearmarket won't be the same as the bear market in 2014. Crypto is out there and once the manipulation ends, the crypto markets will be more popular.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
what do people always refer to the whole market as ONE?!

there are nearly 2000 different altcoins and tokens and despite what it looks like most of the times they are not connected to each other. this "bear market" that OP was pointing out a while ago is different for each coin. for some of them (like the big  coins such as ETH, XRP, LTC,...) it is still ongoing and will probably continue until the end of the year since they are far from their bottoms but for many others (such as the smaller coins) the bear market has been over a long time ago. for example today i saw a coin on my exchange that had risen nearly 260% in the past 24 hours!
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
I guess most of us weren’t expecting current situation to last that long. We were supposed to be on a up trend now but since market is far from being strong and being stable it goes down even  in the smallest hit. We are so vulnerable right now and we need time to get over this. Tho I don’t think it will take a year or longer. We only need 1 or 2 months max. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 632
Merit: 250
As for the stabilization of the market, this is an interesting and, above all, an unpredictable question. And as for the bull trend, I think it will come very soon, the whales have already become more active and decide where and how much they will invest.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
The market is not the same as it was in 2013 to look for a 1-2 year long bear market like that. Moreover, this correction has run its course mostly and should be ending soon.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
This bear market is not goign to last for more than a few months from now, to be exact, i think that it will not be longer than two months from now, it all will recover soon
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
Atleast we should keep our hopes positive, i think that thousands of new people entered the market from november to january, most of them are exitting due to long bear trend, once all these sellers are gone we are gonna see bulls back just be patient.
Activity: 25
As long-term investors, the longer the decline, the better it is for us since we can gradually add to our positions every chance we get. I would rather buy cheap than buy when prices are already going up. What's important is that we trust the coin we are investing in and actually do our own part by researching about them and their team.

With the coins we bought cheap, we could also invest in good upcoming ICOs like Aitheon, Menlo One, etc.. This way we can take advantage and still gain in this bear market. Note that we shouldn't just randomly join just any ICO, but those with real potential to grow. Before doing so, a lot of research is needed. Here's an interview video I found a few days ago featuring Menlo's CEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1QBpBYE6o
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
I think we , as a common investors cannot really speculate on when this market will be bullish again. Unless you have insider or whale friends..
From my point of view, I think this market will be liike this (bearish) until next year or early next year. Though it all depends on the media, insider,whales, and community.
This market has been rising non-stop from year to year therefore a hard downfall is expected. Afterall, nothing rises forever in this world. Let's hope for the best to this market Smiley
Activity: 146
People have less and less interest in cryptocurrency. Volumes are falling, a lot of news and forecasts about the fall, but it means that the turn is close. Maybe tomorrow.
Activity: 700
We still don’t know until when the market can be stabilized probably because the supply of Bitcoin has not been all mined. But maybe once it is not mineable anymore and everyone is holding bitcoin on their wallets, that’s when we will know the real value and if the market would still be bearish by then.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
bear market and bull markets always ends at some point. We had like 1 year of bull market. I think we can have at least 6 months of bear market... We are already in one since January, so don't expect something to change before June.

And later, 6 months of the bear market came. I am sure that this period will come to the end very soon. First, the crypto will be stabilized, then it will go up.
Activity: 154
I wouldn't call this much of a bear market more of how the crypto cycle goes. Hopefully we will see new ath's this year but it's hard to tell what way it will go as a lot of confidence has gone from new investors.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
I don't think that we're stuck in a very long bearish market not because we are in the middle of 2018 already and prices were still low collectively in the entire cryptoworld. We still have a couple of months to go before this year ends and i'm quite optimistic that something's good is going to happen to start the 4th quarter of this year.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
I believe that the market will soon begin to recover. I would hate to see the market fall for several years. I think that this will frighten many investors.
The market for sure can recover although this bearish market takes long to end. I believe market like this cannot stay long in downtrend it always can survive the hard times. So their will be a time market can return in good hands.
Activity: 632
NVIDIA and AMD must show their profits for 1 half of 2018 -> we will see bull-run in may to sell their GPUs for high prices to make profits
The fact is that they will always sell at a high price because of the continuing demand. It's another matter whether it is profitable now to pay back the expenses for 10-12 years or wait for the bull market to raise the capital of the year for two.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform

I think that your vision is too pessimistic. It seems to me that too much money is invested by large players in the cryptocurrencies, and the market simply can not be permanently in a depressed state. It is not beneficial to anyone.
Pages:
Jump to: