Pages:
Author

Topic: #1 RATINGS and REVIEWS of SPORTS BOOKS thread. Poster input appreciated. - page 26. (Read 89509 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010
I changed the ratinds because Legion and others that supported the idea of grades being given too easily. The POSTERS initiated the changes. Anonibet had nothing to do with it.  If that were the case then Anonibet, Cloudbet and Nitrogen would all be "A"s and everyone else below.

When posters suggest changes that favor Anonibet rating, you implement them.

When posters provide negative feedback on Anonibet or suggest changes that might negatively affect their score, you ignore them.

This ratings guide has turned into a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 1060
Guys - Please chime in even if it's just a letter so that we can move on. What rating would you give DirectBet using your own criteria?
legendary
The ratings were up BEFORE anyone talked with Anoninbet and Nitrogen.

That's exactly my point ! The ratings were reasonable at first, but then you changed the rules here so that technically, only Anonibet can be rated A, on top of all others.

That was AFTER Anonibet paid you. And then of course you rated them A, isolated on top of the list.

There have been several reports here during the past few days on Anonibet retroactively canceling bets, delaying withdrawals, limiting bet sizes and bet selections and various other negative feedback. Players are saying they will never bet there again, but their rating remains a firm A, on top of all other sportbooks.

You keep saying that the ratings here is "By the players for the players", but when it comes to Anonibet, you keep ignoring all the negative feedback on them, and there wasn't a single post here suggesting they are the best.

For these reasons, we are claiming that this ratings guide is no more than a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.

I changed the ratings because Legion and others that supported the idea of grades being given too easily. The POSTERS initiated the changes. Anonibet had nothing to do with it. If that were the case then Anonibet, Cloudbet and Nitrogen would all be "A"s and everyone else below. The rules aren't tailored for books with banners up.
legendary
The ratings were up BEFORE anyone talked with Anoninbet and Nitrogen.

That's exactly my point ! The ratings were reasonable at first, but then you changed the rules here so that technically, only Anonibet can be rated A, on top of all others.

That was AFTER Anonibet paid you. And then of course you rated them A, isolated on top of the list.

There have been several reports here during the past few days on Anonibet retroactively canceling bets, delaying withdrawals, limiting bet sizes and bet selections and various other negative feedback. Players are saying they will never bet there again, but their rating remains a firm A, on top of all other sportbooks.

You keep saying that the ratings here is "By the players for the players", but when it comes to Anonibet, you keep ignoring all the negative feedback on them, and there wasn't a single post here suggesting they are the best.

For these reasons, we are claiming that this ratings guide has turned into a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.
legendary
Coindraft has stated that their withdrawals are now automated and will processed within 1 hour.
legendary
Complaint about Coindraft
Tried Coindraft livechat 4 times now and still not paying up. Withdrew near to 3 BTC a week ago yet still not paying, I've been told "technical problems", "I get that sent" etc etc

Would be careful playing here especially with anything more then a couple of coins!

I play there and have made two withdrawals. Both under 2 BTC and were paid in approximately 24 hours after a lot of complaining.
legendary
Reagan is in control of the finances at Peepsplace. I post the ratings here and at Peepsplace. Then I submit it to Reagan. He does his own research and makes the final decision on the books that go up. If a book has problems, I immediately tell Reagan and he pulls the banner 100% of the time. That is the only time, my opinion makes a decision. I don't determine if a book goes up, but if I recommend it to come down, then it goes down.

Not that this is of importance but Reagan has a baseball handicapping book published. He is a long time gambler. He has experience in dealing with books as well as being a player himself. It's my reputation as well as Reagan's that's on the line. Since Reagan is top dog, you should be asking him questions.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware that you do not make the decisions on rating upgrades.

But that was not my question. My question is :

Would you please disclose which Bitcoin sportbooks are paying you to promote them in forums ?

Just like you expect us books to be honest and fair, we too expect that you will be honest to the users reading this ratings guide and disclose which of the books are paying you to promote them in forums, to alert users of a possible conflict of interest.
legendary
Looks like DirectBet has taken us all off track.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I wrote up some solid reviews a couple pages back so i'll weigh in.  I think most of the ratings here are decent based on the "time" criteria.  I do think cloudbet might be the best right now, but if you cap what a book can achieve based on time in existence than cloudbet is where it should be.

however, that being said, JUST because a book is the oldest (anonibet) doesn't mean it should be rated the highest.  the review i posted about anonibet and several others here are pretty scathing when you subtract out the fact that they've been open the longest.  they are pretty much the worst across the board on 5 other criteria points.  frankly the book itself is D+ to C- at best when you take EVERYTHING into consideration (other than time open).  i DO think that other peoples complaints about anonibet are legit and it should be downgraded considerably because all aspects of that book suck other than the fact that they've been in business the longest.

there is one other thing to consider though.  i think anyone can open up a bitcoin book like anonibet with roughly 50 bitcoins in cold storage.  the fact is that the average bettor probably wagers .05 BTC and so when anonibet caps action about as low as possible there is almost 0 risk to them as far as someone like me ever winning big.  i would be shocked if they could release a cold storage wallet address proving they had 500-1000 bitcoins to back their book.

I would rather play at a brand spanking new book who released a signed wallet transaction showing good backing (1000 btc) then a lowly capped book like anonibet that prays off people who are zero risk to them (especially when their posted odds are so terrible they they gain a extra 10% handicap advantage over all the other books).
Everyone always remember when reading this post from this poster, he lost 340k to a new book because of his belief system to the new books.

Somehow every time you post it's dumber than your previous post. Not sure how you always manage to outdo your own stupidity but you clearly have a gift.  When it comes to being an idiot you exceed expectations with every stroke of your keyboard.

Look man, I know it still hurts. You made a lot of bad bets and lost a ton on coinbet. I feel for you and your horrible life. If you keep grinding out .01 Bitcoins eventually you'll get em all back!
U can try and downplay me all u want for stuff about me u have "zero" info on. If it makes u feel better to think I'm a losing player go ahead. Just think how can someone who seems to know not to trust any book open for 2 months with more than $500 be as much of a loser as u say?
There is actually 1 idiot left in this thread it is u and u know why. Do u really not think your not an idiot for trusting a bookie open 2months with that much $? U can't hide how greedy u are, or that wouldn't have happened to such an extreme level. Sorry I can't side with u since this is the stupidest story I have come across to date.

And how much money exactly did I "trust" them with?
Activity: 103
I wrote up some solid reviews a couple pages back so i'll weigh in.  I think most of the ratings here are decent based on the "time" criteria.  I do think cloudbet might be the best right now, but if you cap what a book can achieve based on time in existence than cloudbet is where it should be.

however, that being said, JUST because a book is the oldest (anonibet) doesn't mean it should be rated the highest.  the review i posted about anonibet and several others here are pretty scathing when you subtract out the fact that they've been open the longest.  they are pretty much the worst across the board on 5 other criteria points.  frankly the book itself is D+ to C- at best when you take EVERYTHING into consideration (other than time open).  i DO think that other peoples complaints about anonibet are legit and it should be downgraded considerably because all aspects of that book suck other than the fact that they've been in business the longest.

there is one other thing to consider though.  i think anyone can open up a bitcoin book like anonibet with roughly 50 bitcoins in cold storage.  the fact is that the average bettor probably wagers .05 BTC and so when anonibet caps action about as low as possible there is almost 0 risk to them as far as someone like me ever winning big.  i would be shocked if they could release a cold storage wallet address proving they had 500-1000 bitcoins to back their book.

I would rather play at a brand spanking new book who released a signed wallet transaction showing good backing (1000 btc) then a lowly capped book like anonibet that prays off people who are zero risk to them (especially when their posted odds are so terrible they they gain a extra 10% handicap advantage over all the other books).
Everyone always remember when reading this post from this poster, he lost 340k to a new book because of his belief system to the new books.

Somehow every time you post it's dumber than your previous post. Not sure how you always manage to outdo your own stupidity but you clearly have a gift.  When it comes to being an idiot you exceed expectations with every stroke of your keyboard.

Look man, I know it still hurts. You made a lot of bad bets and lost a ton on coinbet. I feel for you and your horrible life. If you keep grinding out .01 Bitcoins eventually you'll get em all back!
U can try and downplay me all u want for stuff about me u have "zero" info on. If it makes u feel better to think I'm a losing player go ahead. Just think how can someone who seems to know not to trust any book open for 2 months with more than $500 be as much of a loser as u say?
There is actually 1 idiot left in this thread it is u and u know why. Do u really not think your not an idiot for trusting a bookie open 2months with that much $? U can't hide how greedy u are, or that wouldn't have happened to such an extreme level. Sorry I can't side with u since this is the stupidest story I have come across to date.

Activity: 103

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Info@Anonibet - [Re: statement in T&C that withdrawing without 1x play through will be charged 5%]

"Dear Gogo ppp,

Thank you for your comment. As I have already explained, we do not want to become a safe box. We have never applied this rule so far. I do not understand why this disturbs you..."

Michael - Since you said you don't understand...

I leave a few coins in various books that I feel comfortable with, in case I find a bet I would like to make in the future and can save time this way.

I would feel comfortable doing this with Anonibet, except I don't want to be charged 5% if I decide to withdraw (a few coins). Part of the positives of bitcoins is they can be moved for a few pennies, not 5%.

So it makes me uncomfortable for that reason. Yours is the only book where I see that charge.
If I leave 4 coins valued at ~$500 usd each it will cost me $100 if you change your mind/someone other than you applies the charge, etc.

You say the charge has never been applied.
But then, as I asked, why not remove the language, and give individual warnings that you will apply the 5% charge in the future to people you feel are using Anonibet as a safe box.

So this is why it disturbs me and why I mentioned it for a 2nd time.

OK I see your point now. You might be right, we shall remove it from our T&C.

We have set this rule in order to prevent large amounts of BTC kept in Anonibet. Bitcoin is very attractive for hackers and we do not want to attract "bad guys" thinking we keep large amounts of BTC. This was the only purpose really. We do not even charge withdraw fees, we pay the network fee at each withdraw so that our customers receive the exact amount they have withdrawn from Anonibet.

Regards,
Michael

The above re: the following in Anonibet's T&C:
"2.02
In order to withdraw funds from your account, you are required to place bets as much as the amount deposited. If you make a withdrawal request without placing bets 5% handling fee shall be deducted from the amount you have requested."

Michael - "OK I see your point now. You might be right, we shall remove it from our T&C."

Peeps Place - "Nice work by both gogo and Anonibet working together. It's good to see a book take our opinions seriously."

Yet I notice it is still there 9 days later. Perhaps you forgot to remove it?

Anonibet - What is happening with the above situation?
Did you decide not to remove the 5% charge for withdrawing without rolling over a deposit one time?
legendary
If you guys have a question for a book, just ask here. If they don't reply, then I'll shoot them a PM to see if they would like to reply/
legendary
I really hate talking about Anonibet again and repeating this, but a poster vote was taken and Anonibet was number 1. Posters voted them #1 and they have been in existence longer than other books. I'm not sure how they can be moved down.

There are valid criticisms of Anonibet and those posts are appreciated. All books don't target the same market and have the same offerings. The World Cup is coming up. This would be the best time to compare books and limits.

legendary
Directbet - When players confirm a bet, why do you hold it so long before accepting or rejecting the bet? Are you waiting for the next line move?

As soon as your bet transfer is received, our automated betting system will either confirm or reject it within a few seconds.

We do not hold the bet, except when betting is temporarily suspended. When that happens, we wait up to 1 more minute for betting to resume and otherwise reject and refund the bet immediately. This rarely happens and we do not gain any advantage for doing so. We do that to avoid the inconvenience of a rejected bet.

You can read more about how we handle received bets here :
http://www.directbet.eu/Rules.cshtml

If the line moves in our favor, will you accept the change as CRIS/Bookmaker does with their live betting?

If by the time we receive your bet transfer, the odds have increased in your favor, your bet will confirm at the greater odds.

As soon as we receive your bet transfer, we immediately make a single inquiry to the current odds, and these odds are used to process the bet.

This is true for all betting options. Under no circumstances will you get worse odds than the current odds.

I invite you to audit and confirm this.

You can read more about how we process bets here :

http://www.directbet.eu/FAQ.cshtml#BetOptions

Did you write your own software or buy it?

We have implemented our own software.

Peeps, you ask a lot of questions here and I am doing my best to answer all of them, but I can not answer some of your questions as I do not wish to reveal confidential information that might tip our competitors.

That's said, I asked you just one question and you ignored it, so I will ask it again :

Would you please disclose which Bitcoin sportbooks are paying you to promote them in forums ?

legendary
DirectBet- Should the established bigger books come in here to refute the claims of a new start up book? I'm 100% sure that some of your allegations in this thread are false.
legendary
Directbet - When players confirm a bet, why do you hold it so long before accepting or rejecting the bet? Are you waiting for the next line move? If the line moves in our favor, will you accept the change as CRIS/Bookmaker does with their live betting?

CRIS/Bookmaker protects the player by rejecting line moves in their favor. The same goes for every other book. If we make a bet with some of your other options is there a possibility of getting worse odds?

How many years have you been in business as a bookmaker? Have you also been on the other side of the counter? Did you write your own software or buy it?
legendary
DirectBet:

How much volume do you do compared to Anonibet? When you do their volume, you won''t be able to keep all your funds in a hot wallet.

I don't know. What is their betting volume ?

How many linesman do you have? Anonibet has multiple linesmen. How many employees do you have dedicated to fraud and risk management? Anonibet has multiple people. Anonibet has been in business for 3 years and you haven't even been in business 4 months. Which book has a better chance of being open one year from now?

If they need extra employees to process manual withdrawals, manage risk and set up lines, while we have invested in a state of the art proprietary software that does that automatically with 0 employees, do we need to get discredit for that ?

Other books that do it the same that you do go under. How are your lines set? Which book are you cloning and how much juice are you adding to their lines? If your profit margin is 2-3% then you are definitely doing something wrong since your theoretical hold is vastly higher.
Pages:
Jump to: