Pages:
Author

Topic: [~1000 GH/sec] BTC Guild - 0% Fee Pool, LP, SSL, Full Precision, and More - page 2. (Read 379035 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 100
He did want them, by allowing them to operate on his pool, to make sure he made a profit to pay for his equipment and help the botnet continue.  IF he did not want the botnet to operate and fund the DDoS attacks on other pools, he would have not made the deal with the botnet operators.  

If you really don't think that, you may want to read back more than a couple of pages..  Reluctance isn't an excuse

I've read every thread in this page and am well aware that botnets impose a larger load on the servers than the additional profits can compensate.

Also, I'm not answering any more of these stupid and transparent attempts at trolling. Have fun trolling others, the both of you.
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
The botnet owner that you allow onto your pool; are they going to DDoS you once you move to PPS ?  I would hope that you ok'd it with them...

WTF? You seriously think that eleuthria wants a botnet in his pool? Huh

If you really think that, you may want to read back a couple of pages...

He did want them, by allowing them to operate on his pool, to make sure he made a profit to pay for his equipment and help the botnet continue.  IF he did not want the botnet to operate and fund the DDoS attacks on other pools, he would have not made the deal with the botnet operators.  

If you really don't think that, you may want to read back more than a couple of pages..  Reluctance isn't an excuse
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
The botnet owner that you allow onto your pool; are they going to DDoS you once you move to PPS ?  I would hope that you ok'd it with them...

We have no botnets "allowed" on BTC Guild.  We have a ton of them that keep trying to use our pool, which is one of the biggest reasons for making this change:  Make them go to some other 0% fee pool instead of ours because it was the biggest without fees.
Activity: 373

WTF? You seriously think that eleuthria wants a botnet in his pool? Huh

If you really think that, you may want to read back a couple of pages...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I will be setting up a method to transfer your rewards from PPS Guild (beta) to the main pool if your rewards are too low to cash out [or if you'd rather wait for a larger payout].

The current plan is the following:

1) Tomorrow the old proportional pool with all of its stats will be moved to "old.btcguild.com" (not currently setup).  The pool will be replaced with the PPS interface and all workers will be transferred over, but with stats reset for PPS tracking.

2) You will be able to request your old proportional payouts from old.btcguild.com .  This is a temporary setup, eventually I will close old.btcguild.com and all remaining unpaid rewards will be consolidated to the primary PPS pool for withdrawal.

3) Merged mining will enter testing on PPS Beta over the following week.  I will be providing bonus rewards to people willing to help test merged mining.  The fee will still be 7% on beta, but the bonus rewards will make up for the 7% when testing is complete.

4) Merged mining will be added to the primary pool after testing is over.

I am also going to be adding a reward bonus to block finders to discourage block withholding.  The fee of the PPS system will be 5% to start.  This may eventually be reduced.  In the event of a fee reduction, it will be _retroactive_ to all rewards.  As stated previously, it will require a fee because this is not SMPPS.  I will be funding BTC/NMC out of my own pocket to pay out rewards if the PPS rewards earned exceed our actual block solves.

The botnet owner that you allow onto your pool; are they going to DDoS you once you move to PPS ?  I would hope that you ok'd it with them...
legendary

3) Merged mining will enter testing on PPS Beta over the following week.  I will be providing bonus rewards to people willing to help test merged mining.  The fee will still be 7% on beta, but the bonus rewards will make up for the 7% when testing is complete.

When you are ready, please post how to help test.

Also, I dug back a few pages but did not find a description. What does "merged mining" mean exactly?

Thanks.

Merged mining is where you are able to mine namecoins and bitcoins at the same time.  You submit your BTC shares as usual, and would be paid the PPS rate, plus you'd also receive namecoins at the PPS rate.  It's essentially a free bonus.  Testing instructions will be posted once it is ready (hopefully Sunday).  It requires nothing special on your part, all normal miners work on it, the only change for testing is a different pool URL.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.

When you are ready, please post how to help test.

Also, I dug back a few pages but did not find a description. What does "merged mining" mean exactly?

Thanks.
legendary
I will be setting up a method to transfer your rewards from PPS Guild (beta) to the main pool if your rewards are too low to cash out [or if you'd rather wait for a larger payout].

The current plan is the following:

1) Tomorrow the old proportional pool with all of its stats will be moved to "old.btcguild.com" (not currently setup).  The pool will be replaced with the PPS interface and all workers will be transferred over, but with stats reset for PPS tracking.

2) You will be able to request your old proportional payouts from old.btcguild.com .  This is a temporary setup, eventually I will close old.btcguild.com and all remaining unpaid rewards will be consolidated to the primary PPS pool for withdrawal.

4) Merged mining will be added to the primary pool after testing is over.

I am also going to be adding a reward bonus to block finders to discourage block withholding.  The fee of the PPS system will be 5% to start.  This may eventually be reduced.  In the event of a fee reduction, it will be _retroactive_ to all rewards.  As stated previously, it will require a fee because this is not SMPPS.  I will be funding BTC/NMC out of my own pocket to pay out rewards if the PPS rewards earned exceed our actual block solves.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Is the old PPS pool going to continue or will it be replaced by the new one?
I tried to request a payout but my unpaid total was less than 0.1 so it wouldn't let me.
If it's going to stay that's fine - but if the old pools are closing down to be replaced by the new pool then could you please allow for a short time any size payout if it is the total amount outstanding? (or even just payout all outstanding amounts if the old PPS pool is being replaced)
legendary
It would be nice if you could add a consent button or some such to the current web site and then migrate the workers of people who have consented to the change over.  Or maybe have a Migrate function which we could use to move our workers over after the switch. It would probably cut down on the number of people who leave the pool.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will do just that!  Once the merge happens, you can log in and there will be a button to merge your old workers into the new pool system.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I'll be making the first change this weekend.  I thought the current hardware would be able to handle the pool while things settled down but it just can't keep up right now.  Your old accounts will carry over, but not your workers.  I'm aiming to make the switch tomorrow.

The reason your old workers will not work is so people that have backup pools set will switch to their backups, rather than keep at a fee they didn't initially agree to.

Second change will be adding merged mining, I need to test it over the next week before adding it to the main pool.

The website will be down for an hour or two during the switch, so I can copy the database to the new server, and make the neccessary changes so that your proportional rewards are available for withdrawal on the PPS pool.

It would be nice if you could add a consent button or some such to the current web site and then migrate the workers of people who have consented to the change over.  Or maybe have a Migrate function which we could use to move our workers over after the switch. It would probably cut down on the number of people who leave the pool.
legendary
I'll be making the first change this weekend.  I thought the current hardware would be able to handle the pool while things settled down but it just can't keep up right now.  Your old accounts will carry over, but not your workers.  I'm aiming to make the switch tomorrow.

The reason your old workers will not work is so people that have backup pools set will switch to their backups, rather than keep at a fee they didn't initially agree to.

Second change will be adding merged mining, I need to test it over the next week before adding it to the main pool.

The website will be down for an hour or two during the switch, so I can copy the database to the new server, and make the neccessary changes so that your proportional rewards are available for withdrawal on the PPS pool.
Activity: 467
When is the change gonna take place?  Won't mind paying for a percentage for steady uptime.

^^^
Activity: 372
When is the change gonna take place?  Won't mind paying for a percentage for steady uptime.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
In the next week, the pool will be transitioning from a 0% proportional bitcoin pool, to a fixed fee pure pay per share pool that includes merged mining. This will be similar to the current PPS Guild beta. I expect many users will leave, but those who stay will likely experience a truly stable pool, with no variance.

Is there anything members have to change? or will our workers just be converted over when the pool changes? 
legendary
Fixed the blocks that were stuck waiting on confirmation.  Got my nulled servers back and was able to turn the bitcoind back on.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
Website is down, can you post here?

Not down for me but here is what it says

BTC Guild started on May 9th, 2011. In that time it went from a small pool on my home connection, to a dedicated server in a DDoS resilient ISP, to 9 servers spread across the globe, and then consolidated multiple times to try new technologies/scaling methods.

From day 1, it was my goal to run this pool on a donation based model. Bitcoin was growing, not only in price, but in visible support as new people become aware of it. However, in the last three months, the number of botnets has continued to plague this pool, and constantly grows even though I have attempted many ways of banning them. Attempts to ban them have lead to two specifically targetted DDoSes which lasted 3 days each, and other DDoSes that have hit all three of the largest pools (and some which hit smaller ones).

Paired with the sinking price of Bitcoins, the not shrinking price of my servers, and the excessive amount of time spent trying to keep the pool online during attacks, continuing to run as a 0% pool is not viable.

In the next week, the pool will be transitioning from a 0% proportional bitcoin pool, to a fixed fee pure pay per share pool that includes merged mining. This will be similar to the current PPS Guild beta. I expect many users will leave, but those who stay will likely experience a truly stable pool, with no variance.

PPS Guild has been up and running for over 1 month straight, and has required no intervention. It has had some of the lowest stales of any pool, truly instantaneous rewards, and simple to use interface. I want to bring that simplicity and stability to all the users who decide to remain with us after the transition.

The fee of the new pool (with PURE PPS) will not be as high as the current PPS beta, due to the addition of merged mining, which adds a second luck factor to help balance us towards neutrality.
Activity: 182
Website is down, can you post here?
legendary
I have made a post on the front page of the website, identifying the current plan for future steps with BTC Guild.

Until the change is made, the pool will continue to operate normally (as best as it can).  I simply am not willing to continue to invest money buying new servers to fix the current temporary stability issues.
legendary
No ETA on pool stability at this time, losing 40% of our public facing servers has caused some major issues.  Everything seems to work fine an hour or so but then it comes crashing down.
Pages:
Jump to: