Pages:
Author

Topic: $100,000 to invest. Should I buy BTC or ETH or altcoins? - page 2. (Read 807 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

but we are now interested in crypto.

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

Anyone here working in a fund house? Any inputs?

MingNa
I am not doing that but I think I will buy in more btc and lisk which I think are promising.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Don't follow anyone, Just equip your knowledge. In crypto, who know information first, they win. Advice just for referring not follow. In my opinion, ETH & BTC are safe to invest but profit is low, and altcoin, you should choose a good coin, such as cyber, quantstamp. It'll make big profit for you. How to choose good coin, Learn... Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
100K is a solid start point, I would invest 30% in BTC 30% in ETH, and 60% spread between alts.

Such a cool start! Suppose that you know already pretty much about the market of crypto. I would use 40% of my funds into Bitcoins, 30% into ETH and 30% into other altcoins such as NEO, EOS, Cardano, Qtum.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
It's a high risk for you because you are intend to invest $100K which is really high.I think you should be conscious upon any decision.BTC price is high At the moment.And it will sure increase in future.So I think you should invest in btc obviously because you have a good capital.In altcoin area I think you should buy some promising and reliable coin like ETH,XRP,DOGE,MONERO etc.I like these coin because these always gives me good profit.Good luck.
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I think now the entire cryptocurrency market is a bear market,so may not be a good investment opportunity, you should hold the hands of the money, wait for the arrival of a bear market, considering buying some altcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
If you want to minimize risks it would be more professional to invest in different coins and altcoins, not only in BTC or ETH. Analyze the market,  values, schedules and after that make a design which one will be more  profitable. Also you can invest some part of your capital in trading (no more than 5%) and trade altcoins or coins as you wish, it will give you more opportunities to visual analyse in real time. Good luck
Activity: 185
Merit: 1
You should stick with the portfolio you have already researched on. Bitcoin is a little bit quite expensive and with the funds you have you wont be able to gain much by buying bitcoin. i would advise you buy also litecoin. i think it also has a great future
FINXCOIN

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ https://www.finxcoin.io/ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
││ Whitepaper ││ Telegram ││ Bitcointalk ││ Facebook ││ Join-ICO ││
Activity: 186
I should suggest for investing 50% to both BTC and ETH as these two are the biggest cryptocurrency right now and risks are lower. Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto and Altcoin price is ruled by bitcoin trend. Even though for now it has a lower value I am looking forward that it has a future like bitcoin and it will rise soon more though It's present value is 1 ETH= 960 $ . Real money is issued, printed and controlled by government of respective country and government but bitcoin is completely different because it is neither printed nor issued by any central government.
Activity: 1192
Merit: 260
Tryig to survive in this harsh world
Buy Waves, you will not regret it with all the upcoming developments coming this year, also the team never missed a deadline or a promise on the development of the platform (to my knowledge).
I have enjoyed well over $20k returns on my tiny ICO investment in 2016, plenty of airdrops, check the last BCH airdrop scheduled for tomorrow, price is steady now and gaining even in the last days other alts have gone down...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I would invest a big portion of that money to btc and eth, and small portion to 4-5 altcoins, this somehow optimizes the risk or losing (and winning as well, there is a tradeoff)
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
$100k is a huge amount of money, i suggest to you to research more on cryptocurrency investing in crypto means a lot of risk, you should carefully choose your crypto that you want invest, on the otherhand bitcoin and ethereum is the of the most stable coin in the market maybe you can split your capital in to these coins and another two or three alts, siacoin and verge is also a good alts to buy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
You invest in BTC  because btc rise in very high and you get high profit to it  and some money you purchase altcions and maintain equal balance to them and they have not lose
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
You should now start buying ada cardano. It is going to launch like one of those elon musk rockets. Their target is going to be top 5 maybe even top 3. Buy it when its cheap and be patient to make money.
Activity: 336
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu
I would buy a mixed bag. Maybe put 40% in BTC, 30% ETH, 30% in your favourite alt coins and icos. When certain coins are up, then sell a bit to replenish the low ones. In this way you will have a nice portfolio growth.
Activity: 434
Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

MingNa
Regarding the Tron, I can say that there was information that Justin poured these coins, it's not very good for a reputation, I would not risk it. ETH, NEO and Monero I consider very good investments for this year.
Activity: 199

MingNa
As of now better buy bitcoin  75% and Ethereum 25%. If Bitcoin would be stable at $15k. diversify your fund in bitcoin and buy altcoins that you mentioned. Sell all altcoins except Ethereum the moment Bitcoin continue to make another bull run.
Activity: 458
🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥
You have good amount to invest, so you should must invest first bitcoin, then another choice.
Because anyone can't tell surely which coin helps you to get huge/low profit.
You can target 3 or 4 coins for invest.
Number 1: Bitcoin
2: Ethereum (ETH)
3: Litecoin (LTC)
4. Waves
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
If I have that huge money for investment, I would invest like 60% on Bitcoin, because right now, the price of BTC is starting to go up again. For sure, you'll end up gaining huge amount of money as well. 20% for ETH because it is one stable coin and it competes with BTC. Lastly, 20% for altcoins. But first, you have to research on some altcoins you want to invest to, make sure that they are promising and profitable in the future.
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
you devide all amount  in three ratio and invest btc ,ethereums  and  buy some good altcion they have spots and speriual value  in the market like NEO ,DASH, LTC etc and then not lose any where
Activity: 384
Merit: 11
First LEARN then EARN
My recommendation is don't invest hole money with one coin. Block-chain technology is very great concept. Therefore cryptocurrency is not die in future. But don't invest all money in one coin. that is too risk. There are several good coins. So you can invest. I'm not a professional adviser. therefore you can find more details and invest. Happy Crypto...
Pages:
Jump to: