Pages:
Author

Topic: $100,000 to invest. Should I buy BTC or ETH or altcoins? - page 4. (Read 807 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 104
if you bought BTC a week ago for 7k, then today you would have earned  50k$.
, BTC is the best investment for beginners
Activity: 1372
Merit: 133
Btc and eth are both good for investing we need only to buy and sell here so if you see the price drop down then that's a chance to do investing here because if you invest now the price btc and eth now are really high but still there's no assurance if the price will continue to grow so we can do invest anytime here then sell it high price,there's a lot option for investing you need only to wait until the price will go really high,I recommend ltc and bcc also for investing
Of course, if someone wants to make a profit and not risk taking risks, then you definitely need to give preference to investing in Bitcoin. Today, it's a good time for this, because Bitcoin has a low price.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Btc and eth are both good for investing we need only to buy and sell here so if you see the price drop down then that's a chance to do investing here because if you invest now the price btc and eth now are really high but still there's no assurance if the price will continue to grow so we can do invest anytime here then sell it high price,there's a lot option for investing you need only to wait until the price will go really high,I recommend ltc and bcc also for investing
Activity: 1330
C O M B O
Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

but we are now interested in crypto.

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

Anyone here working in a fund house? Any inputs?

MingNa

yes, you can choose the investment into several options. I think you can buy bitcoin and altcoin.
there is much you can do, and the most important part. you should research and learn first before actually buying altcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

MingNa

Investing is risky, and if you're willing to invest $100,000 in encrypted money, you should spend some time doing more homework.

I suggest BTC and ETH.
Activity: 191

Your research team gave you a good advice, split the money and put them into different altcoins showing great potential. Diversifying slightly lowers the risk of losing it  all while increasing chances that one or two of the coins will perform well and give you returns. you also might want to consider Stellar and  Ripple. You could buy small units of bitcoins  Bitcoin too and increase as time goes by.

just ensure that by the time you commit your money, you perfectly know what you are commuting to.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I suggest investing 60% to both BTC and ETH as these two are the biggest cryptocurrency right now and risks are lower. Just remember the saying, "Invest what you can afford to lose."

Good luck in investing!  Grin
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
I would recommend you to buy BTC of course. Because I still believe that BTC is till the best cryptocurrency that is existing right now. But looking for ETH and other altcoins is not a bad option.
Activity: 196

if you are already an investor I might say that you are a bit late in entering the market but it is not a problem but still opportunities seems to be right for eth, monero and tron ​​right now you can add wepower and bitcoin to them
Activity: 367
Merit: 10
in my opinion, before you invest the money, you must learn about crypto, and if you want to invest your money, I think you can do invest in different Altcoin. Because we dont know about only bitcoin or eth will be making continuous progress in this year, so now you must learn and Research the projects ICOs you want to invest, and don't put the full amount into one crypto.
Activity: 98
Create Your Decentralized Life
30% btc, 20% eth, 10% neo, split the rest in 5-15 more interesting alts.
Activity: 490

MingNa
All currencies which were mentioned in the first post are worth to be invested in. But two currencies are exception of the rule. These are  Lisk and Tron. I don’t believe that Lisk and Tron will rise significantly.
Activity: 238
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

MingNa

Firstly, I think $100k is a really serious amount. My first advice is that, you shouldn't make your decision quickly.

Secondly, however bitcoin and ethereum look really promising, I think it can be better if you divide that amount into more than 2 parts. And finally, in my opinion, IOTA, NEO and Waves are promising coins. Good luck!

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
Since you have a huge amount of capital, why not buy all? Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum and some quality altcoins. It much better to diversify your investments. It will lessen the risks involve. Aside from that, the potential for profits will increase. Happy investing and God bless us more!
Activity: 6

MingNa

Happy New Year Princess MingNa!
I also live in Taiwan. I run a small family investment fund, a little larger than yours now after a year trading in Bitcoin and alts. I would strongly encourage you to buy and hold some Bitcoin only, for a while. Maybe 4 of them.  Meanwhile you could do paper-trading while you research altcoins more carefully. The alts behave so different from equities that it really takes some time to re-educate oneself and get the feel for timing. If you are into Japanese candlestick charting techniques, of course you’ll be able to identify good entry points such as ‘cup and handle’ formation.

Because alts pump and dump a lot, this shows that it is just as much a question of When to buy, as What to buy.
Monero looks expensive on the chart right now. Whereas a small alt like Wabi (also with a Taiwanese employee on the team) looks affordable. Dragonchain has a good chart now, great support at 0.00016. Nexus chart looks good. Ada might be buyable soon if it falls a bit more. With your language skills you would have an advantage trading Asian coins. LMC pays 25% staking bonus if you hold 12 months and seems a decent Chinese project.
PM me if you like to meet for a coffee.
Activity: 191
Investing in both is the safest way but investing more in BTC, since it's hot and rapidly increasing its value, may give you morr profit than ETH nowadays and don't focus on this 2 big cryptocurrency there are a lot more altcoins out there that has potential to gain more price value of theirs.
Activity: 41
all 3 Smiley, I'd recommend safer alt coins like NEO for the most part and a few like IOTA or LINK for huge ROI (but also higher risk)
Activity: 154
Divide your funds into several parts, one part for the bitcoin and eth, as both of them are public chain. Also, choose some alt coins which have some potential.
Activity: 56
Should of invested it a couple weeks ago you would more then doubled your money in any coin that you put it in.
But I would recommend you diversify and get both btc and ETH. As for alts I would say lisk, neo, eos, and ltc
Activity: 4
Guys have you heard of this new ICO? It sounds interesting.... browser using the blockchain technology allowing you to access any website like bloked ones and deep web ones without the internet provider knowing. Check it out   https://blockwebico.com
Pages:
Jump to: