Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 120. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 13, 2017, 03:19:25 PM
Anyone knows what is ccminer/alexis-hsr ?
And where can it be downloaded?
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
December 13, 2017, 02:21:21 PM
What are you using this winter for heating, wood or coal, or...? I`ll be using lyra2rev2 mate, and equihash on really cold days! When it`s a bit warmer, i`ll switch to lyra2z Wink
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
December 13, 2017, 02:16:52 PM

I was mining BWK from start, mined around 800, just sold it a few days ago. Became very hard to mine it, not as profitable anymore.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
December 13, 2017, 01:41:49 PM
I am still mining Zcoin getting 5$ + solid return with auto convert to BTC on Mining Pool Hub
Around 18 -21 $ a day with 3 1080 tis and the best part is they consume a lot less electric power then other algos
This is really good if you have expensive Electricty 0.2$kWh+
Anyways what is this About bulwark Earning 20$+ per card , whats the algo and Is it price stable ?
Or anyother algo that might give me more profit per card ?

Nist5 man, CRUSHING it for the last weeks now,(pretty much since nicehash died)
volatile profits and diff, but always doing atleast 50%+ most anything else
zcoin is so nice on power levels, its gonna be a sad day for miners when they switch to MTP haha
idk, its cold as shit up here, i need the heat so im not mining zcoin right now myself ;p
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
December 13, 2017, 12:39:00 PM
I am still mining Zcoin getting 5$ + solid return with auto convert to BTC on Mining Pool Hub
Around 18 -21 $ a day with 3 1080 tis and the best part is they consume a lot less electric power then other algos
This is really good if you have expensive Electricty 0.2$kWh+
Anyways what is this About bulwark Earning 20$+ per card , whats the algo and Is it price stable ?
Or anyother algo that might give me more profit per card ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
December 13, 2017, 09:57:53 AM
It`s really strange. U have good power supply and with such usage - u are using just about a half from it nominal power. But I don`t have any ideas, what else can doesnt work. Just to try different PCI ports at motherboard.
Both GPU test fine by themselves.  The system will mine 24/7 no problem with just one.

I have a power supply on the way to test with over the weekend.  If that doesn't solve the issue then not much else to try but replacing the motherboard.
Activity: 287
December 13, 2017, 09:24:54 AM
BWK pools seem to have been iffy for weeks now :/  not sure if they just getting greedy and snagging blocks here and there, or if they getting Dossed, but it sux Sad
i have just entered BWK into my profit switcher, ill take my BTC and say fuck it, wish tpruvot had a BWK pool tho Sad

do you use sniff dogs one? for me its so unstable I dropped it Sad
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
December 13, 2017, 04:14:47 AM
do u have wattmeter? 2 1080tis with such TDP will use about 400-500W max. +100-150W motherboard+CPU. Power supply looks nice too, but to test - remove 1 card and start mining without another changes.
I'm mining lyra2z and killawatt said around 450w power draw for the whole system with both GPU running.

One of the two GPU tested fine and ran yesterday afternoon and all night.  I have removed it and put the other back in.  Testing that one now.  If it tests OK then I may have to try a power supply.  I can get a evga 850w gold for 149$ off amazon to try.
It`s really strange. U have good power supply and with such usage - u are using just about a half from it nominal power. But I don`t have any ideas, what else can doesnt work. Just to try different PCI ports at motherboard.
Activity: 350
December 13, 2017, 04:06:40 AM
Was a good run for a few days mining bulwark shit coin (this must be the worst name ever) but I stopped mining it since profitablity has gone down. There are other coins with almost the same profit but with a much brighter future.

Bulwark is probably worth less then $1 in a couple of days.

Care to shed some light?
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
December 13, 2017, 04:03:29 AM
Was a good run for a few days mining bulwark shit coin (this must be the worst name ever) but I stopped mining it since profitablity has gone down. There are other coins with almost the same profit but with a much brighter future.

Bulwark is probably worth less then $1 in a couple of days.
Activity: 43
December 13, 2017, 03:55:30 AM
BWK pools seem to have been iffy for weeks now :/  not sure if they just getting greedy and snagging blocks here and there, or if they getting Dossed, but it sux Sad
i have just entered BWK into my profit switcher, ill take my BTC and say fuck it, wish tpruvot had a BWK pool tho Sad

Bulwark pools got DDOS every day. So it can be not stable/
Activity: 196
December 13, 2017, 03:21:21 AM

BWK is on hashrefinery but it's a direct to BTC pool - I think you can request BWK payouts though.

How can BWK pools be iffy "for weeks" if it only came out Dec 2?

But yeah, they're really unstable. I'll switch back to ZCoin soon.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
December 13, 2017, 02:56:02 AM
December 13, 2017, 01:34:43 AM
Where is a bwk calculator?

In the BWK thread....
Activity: 224
December 12, 2017, 08:53:51 PM
Anyone mining VIVO ?
Which pool do you use?

altminer.net
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
December 12, 2017, 07:40:55 PM
Where is a bwk calculator?
Activity: 56
December 12, 2017, 07:24:24 PM
Anyone mining VIVO ?
Which pool do you use?
December 12, 2017, 01:19:44 PM
I added an exception and even attempted to briefly disable the Firewall but nothing. I also tried with and without "old" at the beginning of the address string and nothing. I also attempted with -o stratum+tcp://nist5.blocksuckernation.com:5003 and the stratum_subscribe always times out.

Then it may be the pool crapping itself.

Here's my .bat file for BSOD, just change the BWK address to yours:

ccminer -a nist5 -o stratum+tcp://pool.bsod.pw:3834 -u bP5ZCkLNRzjJmpjb5RDLMkWtdD1hRihtjW -p c=BWK
pause
Activity: 27
December 12, 2017, 01:14:56 PM
FYI, if you look at blocksuckernation website, it says you need to specify the stratum as:

-o stratum+tcp://old.blocksuckernation.com:

So your file needs to be:

ccminer -a nist5 -o stratum+tcp://old.blocksuckernation.com:3833 -u WALLET ADDRESS -p c=BWK
pause

(give that a try in case you get errors)
I apologize as I made a major screw up. I thought I had extracted the bulwark ccminer but it was the monero ccminer. Now that I fixed that, the command works BUT I am unable to connect to the pool. Always get an error stratum connection failed and it retries every 30 seconds to no avail. No antivirus. Could it be the Windows Firewall?

Possible, better check it and make sure you add an exception rule for the miner.

Did you check the URL strings too? I believe you should add a "old." to the start of the URL

I'm also assuming you want payout in BWK instead of direct BTC conversion.
I added an exception and even attempted to briefly disable the Firewall but nothing. I also tried with and without "old" at the beginning of the address string and nothing. I also attempted with -o stratum+tcp://nist5.blocksuckernation.com:5003 and the stratum_subscribe always times out.
December 12, 2017, 01:04:06 PM
FYI, if you look at blocksuckernation website, it says you need to specify the stratum as:

-o stratum+tcp://old.blocksuckernation.com:

So your file needs to be:

ccminer -a nist5 -o stratum+tcp://old.blocksuckernation.com:3833 -u WALLET ADDRESS -p c=BWK
pause

(give that a try in case you get errors)
I apologize as I made a major screw up. I thought I had extracted the bulwark ccminer but it was the monero ccminer. Now that I fixed that, the command works BUT I am unable to connect to the pool. Always get an error stratum connection failed and it retries every 30 seconds to no avail. No antivirus. Could it be the Windows Firewall?

Possible, better check it and make sure you add an exception rule for the miner.

Did you check the URL strings too? I believe you should add a "old." to the start of the URL

I'm also assuming you want payout in BWK instead of direct BTC conversion.
Jump to: