Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 124. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 10, 2017, 10:14:21 PM
Hi i want to know if it still worth to MINE? I want to buy one. Which coin is the best to mine with the 1080Ti right now??

I just started mining with 3 x 1080ti since a few hours and my hashrate is around 2300h/s. Total power consumption of the rig is around 500Wh.

I followed this guide https://steemkr.com/bitcoin/@draiden/getting-started-with-mining-electroneum-using-a-gpu-nvidia and using standard settings. Still very novice, so didn't start tuning. I'm curious if better hashrates can be obtained.

How much are you guys currently getting with the 1080ti ?

Don't mine Electroneum. It's a Cryptonight algo, which is great on AMD but NOT on nVidia. You can mine skein, skunk, groestl, lyra2rev2 or lyra2z algos quite well.

Thanks mate! Any particular coin that you would recommend?

the guy is a clueless moron obviously. True Cryptonight is not the easiest algo for 1080Ti but if the price is high it can be the obvious coin to mine.

So, rather than mining a coin with good profits and efficiency on an algo that works well on our cards, you prefer to mine an algo that sucks on nVidia with bad miners and thus poor efficiency.... and yet *I* am the clueless moron?

Sure thing bud, whatever you need to tell yourself as you cry yourself to sleep at night.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
December 10, 2017, 08:47:54 PM
why everyone's talking about etn and zcoin if bulwark(nist5), smartcash(keccak) and gobyte(neoscrypt) are much more profitable after nicehash crash?
dude seriously...nicehash crash was a dream coming true and you had to ruin it for me Grin

Me too, thought it was my hidden secret that nobody knew about. How wrong could I have been.

I am sort of glad nicehash is gone as it leaves room for hobby miners to make a little bit of profit back again

nah, the smart guys (ones who werent using nicehash to BEGIN with) knew about those coins Cheesy
Nicehash was a dream crashing, its a shame they took peoples money WITH them :/
BWK and smart are killing it lately, im dumping while i can, BWK has no real purpose (except to make us miners $$$? Cheesy )
Activity: 224
December 10, 2017, 07:46:15 PM
Hi i want to know if it still worth to MINE? I want to buy one. Which coin is the best to mine with the 1080Ti right now??

I just started mining with 3 x 1080ti since a few hours and my hashrate is around 2300h/s. Total power consumption of the rig is around 500Wh.

I followed this guide https://steemkr.com/bitcoin/@draiden/getting-started-with-mining-electroneum-using-a-gpu-nvidia and using standard settings. Still very novice, so didn't start tuning. I'm curious if better hashrates can be obtained.

Don't mine Electroneum. It's a Cryptonight algo, which is great on AMD but NOT on nVidia. You can mine skein, skunk, groestl, lyra2rev2 or lyra2z algos quite well.

the guy is a clueless moron obviously. True Cryptonight is not the easiest algo for 1080Ti but if the price is high it can be the obvious coin to mine.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
December 10, 2017, 07:03:21 PM
why everyone's talking about etn and zcoin if bulwark(nist5), smartcash(keccak) and gobyte(neoscrypt) are much more profitable after nicehash crash?
dude seriously...nicehash crash was a dream coming true and you had to ruin it for me Grin

Me too, thought it was my hidden secret that nobody knew about. How wrong could I have been.

I am sort of glad nicehash is gone as it leaves room for hobby miners to make a little bit of profit back again
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
December 10, 2017, 06:55:24 PM
bulwark (nist5) was 20$/day per 1080ti, now 13$. Get out from my precious xzc, bastards )))
What pool are you using to mine bwk?

Also interested
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 10, 2017, 06:43:25 PM

Activity: 54
December 10, 2017, 06:10:01 PM
bulwark (nist5) was 20$/day per 1080ti, now 13$. Get out from my precious xzc, bastards )))
What pool are you using to mine bwk?
Activity: 61
December 10, 2017, 05:40:09 PM
Whats the OC setting for nist5, appreciate the help.  Smiley
Last time I mined nist it was with palgin mod, +100 core +144
Mem

Thanks bud  Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
December 10, 2017, 05:16:15 PM
How this can help? I don't understand. In the end you will have the exact same driver from install package that you had before

Windows system files and drivers can get corrupted anytime when system freeze or restart during some kind of error (randomly turn off, overheat problems, wrong settings in the miner, bad drivers, not powerful enough PSU). I am not saying this solution will help but is worth to try, install new updated graphics drivers might help too, but this requires use DDU program first to uninstall (clean remove all drivers from system 100%). I think is worth to try and give a shoot, plus you learn something new.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
December 10, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
Last time I mined nist it was with palgin mod, +100 core +144
Mem
Activity: 61
December 10, 2017, 04:44:46 PM
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
December 10, 2017, 03:03:19 PM
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
December 10, 2017, 02:16:12 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
December 10, 2017, 02:08:30 PM
Because BWK and GBX are just another masternode shitcoins created with only one goal to dump premine. You can earn something only if selling immedeatly (or on the firstlast pump). With them holding is not an option - you will only loose. GBX is also neoscrypt - and it is not good algo for ti.
Smart looks like it is slowly dying. Price dumped, diminishing buy orders etc.
Zcoin looks much stronger and clearer future, not to mention it's low energy consumption and effectiveness for ti.
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
December 10, 2017, 02:05:36 PM
bulwark(nist5), smartcash(keccak) and gobyte(neoscrypt)
Omg where did you dig these out lol. I know 1080 ti is the king for mining shitcoins, but man Cheesy
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
December 10, 2017, 01:22:14 PM
Rashkae thanks for the suggestions.  So far I'm enjoying the lyra2z efficiency over equihash.  Cooler temps and less power.  I've had to come up with a whole different set of profiles in afterburner since the dstm/equihash miner setup doesn't really work good for lyra2z.  Per your suggestions I'm now seeing a combined 6500+ kH/s from the miner client.  Using miningpool right now.

Been some teething problems but it is coming around.  My gigabyte aorus xtreme seems to be a bit more finicky than my FE card and wants more TDP for stability.  Makes sense I suppose since the clocks are higher out of the box.
December 10, 2017, 12:30:10 PM
Switched over to zcoin and am back to square one with getting the best settings.  Already blew up the computer overnight when the miner went down on me.  Obviously copying someone else's settings is only going to get you so far.  Cheesy

Currently am running ccminer 2.2.2 (tpruvot) from the official page here.  Getting about 6050 kH/s with two 1080ti.

Is this the best option for the miner software or are there better clients suited to our GPU and lyra2z?

Use the djm cuda 9 version. You can set your TDP to 65 and mem to -501, boost core by about +100. Make sure you set intensity to 21 in the miner and you should get about 3300 per 1080Ti at a nice low power usage.
There is no need to lower TDP as far as Lyra2z uses only 40-60TDP depending on GPU type/brand. There would be no difference whether you set it 60/90/120.

Eeeh, just feels nicer I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
December 10, 2017, 12:03:57 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
December 10, 2017, 11:59:51 AM
Switched over to zcoin and am back to square one with getting the best settings.  Already blew up the computer overnight when the miner went down on me.  Obviously copying someone else's settings is only going to get you so far.  Cheesy

Currently am running ccminer 2.2.2 (tpruvot) from the official page here.  Getting about 6050 kH/s with two 1080ti.

Is this the best option for the miner software or are there better clients suited to our GPU and lyra2z?

Use the djm cuda 9 version. You can set your TDP to 65 and mem to -501, boost core by about +100. Make sure you set intensity to 21 in the miner and you should get about 3300 per 1080Ti at a nice low power usage.
There is no need to lower TDP as far as Lyra2z uses only 40-60TDP depending on GPU type/brand. There would be no difference whether you set it 60/90/120.
December 10, 2017, 11:26:33 AM

Jump to: