Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 131. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
December 06, 2017, 01:59:26 AM
I have been mostly using Sniffdog at ahashpool. 0% fees for now.

Oh, almost forgot... also found more bitcoin lifetime mining contracts. Links are below for sniff and omnia

Fromage ... I really like your Sniffdog .. it's so neat and light........
1. Can you please help in pointing where to set some extra arguments like ..... "-q" or my custom setting of "-i" for each algo and each miner. I tried just close to "-Join". but don't know if any better place.
2. Is it possible to scale an algo by boosting it more compared to others when selection criteria is taken. Like i want to apply "1.25 times" neoscrypt in hashrefinery than others during the selection. Is there a way ?

Yes I can help you out...

Goto the Miners folders and "right click" to edit the ccminer files. Inside you will see where I have already added -i to some of the algos. Majority of my -i adds where in ccmineralexis due to some were saying it was needed for rigs over 4 cards.

Hope this helps!
Activity: 102
Merit: 11
December 06, 2017, 01:36:58 AM

Oh, almost forgot... also found more bitcoin lifetime mining contracts. Links are below for sniff and omnia

Fromage ... I really like your Sniffdog .. it's so neat and light........
1. Can you please help in pointing where to set some extra arguments like ..... "-q" or my custom setting of "-i" for each algo and each miner. I tried just close to "-Join". but don't know if any better place.
2. Is it possible to scale an algo by boosting it more compared to others when selection criteria is taken. Like i want to apply "1.25 times" neoscrypt in hashrefinery than others during the selection. Is there a way ?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 01:22:48 AM
Guys I want to start mining but I've been going through the numbers and 1080Ti's are laughable in terms of profitability compared to an S9. I've used Nicehash numbers to come up with this hypothetical built (for which I don't have the money yet lolz) because I'm new to mining and don't know much about algorithms and other pools, etc.

16x1080Ti earnings per month: 0.195BTC
16xS9 earnings per month: 1.399BTC

16x1080Ti (JUST the GPUs) price: 13k
16xS9 (with PSU+shipping) price: 25k

No electricity in the calculation and the price for the other components needed to have the GPU rig done are not yet included. This means you pay less than double the price for S9 but get 7 times the earnings. Someone explain to me why exactly GPU mining is "profitable"? Sure you can make money with it but it's not as profitable as mining with S9 on Nicehash. o.o

what i have understanded from reading and collecting info from other guys is that the Bitmain that creats the S9 will release new miner soon and they will cut down the profit on the S9 such as they have done with the S7 and all the other mininer they have builded. thats why if you buy an S7 your profit will be realy low to nothing while on a 1060 and even a bit older GPU you can still make some profit even if bit low. So those 25-35K $ that you will spend on those 16x S9's will be a waste since you have to buy the newest product since the S9 will not make good profit. thats why on youtube you see people posted in july where the price of the S9 was 2800$ and now it's only 1415$ and you can even get it lower than that =). The GPU is good for the long run and at the same time if everything goes to hell you can still sell the GPU to gamers that will pay some good money for it while the S9 won't have eny buyer =).

In the long run it's more profitable with GPU.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
December 05, 2017, 10:38:32 PM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 06:47:03 PM
wanted to ask, is there any sense at the moment to engage in mining, because there is information that this case is more costly than profitable

only if you know what you are doing.

Profit is excellent at the moment

true
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
December 05, 2017, 06:03:22 PM
The best option to mine will change right now it isn't zcash from what I've read. You can do a lot worse than zcash though.

Your GPU may be more suited to one algo vs another which is another factor.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 05:13:03 PM
wanted to ask, is there any sense at the moment to engage in mining, because there is information that this case is more costly than profitable

Profit is excellent at the moment
Activity: 53
December 05, 2017, 03:48:42 PM
Hi,

can anyone give me some advise what pool is the best for MONA mining?
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
December 05, 2017, 02:53:53 PM
Did someone use this cards for mining? http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=1002&lang=ru They are quite cheap, but I did never find any mentions on this cards
I have a couple of these, next week i will run six cards in total.
They work good so far.
December 05, 2017, 02:09:24 PM

Activity: 4
December 05, 2017, 01:34:48 PM
Activity: 4
December 05, 2017, 01:10:59 PM
Hello,
  My 2x 1080ti Strix OC are unstable, especially GPU2 with Equihash Cry . I Tried with different OC settings, different versions- CUDA Zcash miner(0.3.3 /0.3.4b), different pools. Results are the same.. and have no idea why is that. If anyone has any suggestions i will be grateful.
   Thank you!
http://i65.tinypic.com/15wknkl.jpg

What's your PSU? Did they crash when not OC?

PSU is Evga Supernova 1300 G2 80 Gold. Yes, they are unstable even while they are not OC. They work 100% stable, without any hesitation only with "NiceHash Miner". Maybe there is an option or setting that i miss somewhere...

With Equihash, Asus 1080 ti Trix can stable at +200, 1080 ti OC can stable at +100. Your setting and your PSU are fine. What's driver you use? Please post your *.bat setting and log errors here.

Drivers are official from Nvidia |Version: 23.21.13.8813 | Date: 10/27/2017 .
*.bat: miner --server btg.suprnova.cc --port 8816 --user ............ --pass ............. --pec --log 1 .
Log is clean, no errors.
December 05, 2017, 12:54:51 PM
Also, the S9 has a power consumption of about 1350 watts, or about 10x a properly tuned 1080ti.

Not a problem if you're not paying for your own power, but if you are....

how do you manage to run your 1080Ti @ 135 Watts Huh
Only 1 algo is capable of doing that without huge loss of hashrate - lyra2z.

of course... Thanks
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
December 05, 2017, 12:26:03 PM
Also, the S9 has a power consumption of about 1350 watts, or about 10x a properly tuned 1080ti.

Only 1 algo is capable of doing that without huge loss of hashrate - lyra2z.
December 05, 2017, 12:23:31 PM

Activity: 177
December 05, 2017, 11:44:46 AM

That's a good point and also a reason why I didn't include electricity in the calculation. It varies from region to region and from person to person. I pay my own electricity bills with about 25cents/kWh (too high, I know) but anything is possible for a person who can't give up.  Grin
Activity: 196
December 05, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

December 05, 2017, 11:37:07 AM
For me the S9 calculation, including price, psu, shipping costs, and taxes/customs comes out to almost 35k$.  The S9 has very good profitability, but such numbers are variable Smiley

Yea, that price was definitely on the low end but it's still peanuts compared to the GPU rig. Talking about 2-3 months for ROI compared to 8-10

S9 is an ASIC purely for bitcoin mining. 1080ti will allow you to mine a whole variety of coins (forget Nicehash, their cut is too high) and also game and have a better resale value.

The ASIC development speed is very fast, your S9 will be obsolete fast.

Not just Bitcoin, but any coin built on SHA-256 (whatever that means). Yea, it's more focused but therefore more powerful.
Sure S9 will soon be old but so will the 1080Ti.

I can still game on the 1080Ti 😀
Activity: 177
December 05, 2017, 11:36:23 AM
For me the S9 calculation, including price, psu, shipping costs, and taxes/customs comes out to almost 35k$.  The S9 has very good profitability, but such numbers are variable Smiley

Yea, that price was definitely on the low end but it's still peanuts compared to the GPU rig. Talking about 2-3 months for ROI compared to 8-10

S9 is an ASIC purely for bitcoin mining. 1080ti will allow you to mine a whole variety of coins (forget Nicehash, their cut is too high) and also game and have a better resale value.

Not just Bitcoin, but any coin built on SHA-256 (whatever that means). Yea, it's more focused but therefore more powerful.
Sure S9 will soon be old but so will the 1080Ti.
December 05, 2017, 11:27:27 AM
Guys I want to start mining but I've been going through the numbers and 1080Ti's are laughable in terms of profitability compared to an S9. I've used Nicehash numbers to come up with this hypothetical built (for which I don't have the money yet lolz) because I'm new to mining and don't know much about algorithms and other pools, etc.

16x1080Ti earnings per month: 0.195BTC
16xS9 earnings per month: 1.399BTC

16x1080Ti (JUST the GPUs) price: 13k
16xS9 (with PSU+shipping) price: 25k

No electricity in the calculation and the price for the other components needed to have the GPU rig done are not yet included. This means you pay less than double the price for S9 but get 7 times the earnings. Someone explain to me why exactly GPU mining is "profitable"? Sure you can make money with it but it's not as profitable as mining with S9 on Nicehash. o.o

Jump to: