Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 133. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
December 04, 2017, 10:13:21 PM
As far as it crashing I assume that means the miner window.  Does it close out, lock up, or produce an actual error message?  I appreciate the advise.  Very helpful.

Seen a few people with 110% TDP, heavy overclocks, pushing 750+ sol/s.  Impressive but total power hogs and their fans were at 100% constantly.   Grin

I have no equipment to measure power consumption in order to calculate sol/w.  Not sure if there is some other way to do it yet.

It is tempting to try and find another gigabyte 1080ti like this one I have and install it but man the costs are still way up there.  This whole crytpo mining thing is fun!

Just buy a kill a watt meter or similar,  a must have for any tweakers.
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
December 04, 2017, 09:59:48 PM
As far as it crashing I assume that means the miner window.  Does it close out, lock up, or produce an actual error message?  I appreciate the advise.  Very helpful.

Seen a few people with 110% TDP, heavy overclocks, pushing 750+ sol/s.  Impressive but total power hogs and their fans were at 100% constantly.   Grin

I have no equipment to measure power consumption in order to calculate sol/w.  Not sure if there is some other way to do it yet.

It is tempting to try and find another gigabyte 1080ti like this one I have and install it but man the costs are still way up there.  This whole crytpo mining thing is fun!
December 04, 2017, 09:31:31 PM
Thanks.

How do you gentlemen verify stability when testing changes in afterburner?  Invalid shares?  Lock ups or crashes of the miner/system?

For us it was push it till it crashed. Back it down till it didn't crash, then once it was stable for 24 hours, leave it alone and set the rest around those settings, if problems came about, keep looping till there's no crashing.

Our warehouse we were running ours at 80%, here at home I'm running everything at 55-60% for 4 Sol/W
Activity: 166
December 04, 2017, 08:36:37 PM
Thanks.

How do you gentlemen verify stability when testing changes in afterburner?  Invalid shares?  Lock ups or crashes of the miner/system?

For me I just push it till it stop crashing.   But if you game with the overclock settings for mining.  You get the worse stability.  Sometimes I forget to change back.  lol

You should start with lower TDP like 70% and compare for best hashrate per watt.
December 04, 2017, 08:21:33 PM
Thanks.

How do you gentlemen verify stability when testing changes in afterburner?  Invalid shares?  Lock ups or crashes of the miner/system?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
December 04, 2017, 07:42:07 PM
It's all about finding that point where you get nearly a many sols while having a lower power limit (which leads to both reduced temperatures and less $$$ spent on your electric bill).  Your sweet spot will depend on a multitude of factors, but for us it's at 80% most of the time.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
December 04, 2017, 06:19:56 PM
I just started mining zcash with EWBF over the weekend.  Single 1080 TiFE setup.  Just a casual gamer + miner looking to eventually pay off my GPU.

I don't understand the point of dialing back the TDP setting in Afterburner while at the same time adding an overclock.  If I dial back TDP the sol/s goes down.  Adding an overclock gets some of that performance back but just increases the power consumption anyway.  It seems counterproductive.  What am I missing here?

Right now I average around 680 sol/s with the GPU on default clocks at 90% power setting.

Your Sol/s do go down but you need to calculate your wattage, and Sols/w will tell you how efficient your rig is really doing. I can run my rig at 4200Sol/s at 3 Sol/W or I can run it at 3500 @ 4 Sol/W - only you can decide which is more beneficial to you.

In my case running @4+ Sol/W is what I need to do because of power limitations on my home grid. For someone else, max production will have a higher value, so they'll OC and max out the card. Just depends on the person.

let's say you are getting 700 sols with overclocking and power limit set to 80 %, you will for sure not get 875 sols if you increase power to 100 %, so performance doesn't increase linearly with power consumption increase, and that's the whole justification behind undervolting. People are trying to find the most cost efficient configuration, and for 1080 ti's, depending on other parameters it's most likely to be somewhere between 70-90% of the power limit.

December 04, 2017, 04:08:53 PM
I just started mining zcash with EWBF over the weekend.  Single 1080 TiFE setup.  Just a casual gamer + miner looking to eventually pay off my GPU.

I don't understand the point of dialing back the TDP setting in Afterburner while at the same time adding an overclock.  If I dial back TDP the sol/s goes down.  Adding an overclock gets some of that performance back but just increases the power consumption anyway.  It seems counterproductive.  What am I missing here?

Right now I average around 680 sol/s with the GPU on default clocks at 90% power setting.

Your Sol/s do go down but you need to calculate your wattage, and Sols/w will tell you how efficient your rig is really doing. I can run my rig at 4200Sol/s at 3 Sol/W or I can run it at 3500 @ 4 Sol/W - only you can decide which is more beneficial to you.

In my case running @4+ Sol/W is what I need to do because of power limitations on my home grid. For someone else, max production will have a higher value, so they'll OC and max out the card. Just depends on the person.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 03:57:37 PM
Did someone use this cards for mining? http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=1002&lang=ru They are quite cheap, but I did never find any mentions on this cards
December 04, 2017, 03:44:30 PM
I just started mining zcash with EWBF over the weekend.  Single 1080 TiFE setup.  Just a casual gamer + miner looking to eventually pay off my GPU.

I don't understand the point of dialing back the TDP setting in Afterburner while at the same time adding an overclock.  If I dial back TDP the sol/s goes down.  Adding an overclock gets some of that performance back but just increases the power consumption anyway.  It seems counterproductive.  What am I missing here?

Activity: 224
December 04, 2017, 03:21:37 PM
With neoscrypt.

What soft should I use ?
I get 1330 mh/s/1080Ti when I use ccminer2.2.2
You should switch to another algo. Neoscrypt is not for 1080/ti

Which card is the best for mining with neocrypt ?

1080Tis are fine for mining Neoscript but its obviously not the fastest ROI.
Activity: 196
December 04, 2017, 01:13:54 PM
Hmmm. Zcoin is the popular coin now - But it seems Groestlcoin gives the highest BTC/day output according to MPH?

Has anyone tried both?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 12:31:17 PM
Hello,
  My 2x 1080ti Strix OC are unstable, especially GPU2 with Equihash Cry . I Tried with different OC settings, different versions- CUDA Zcash miner(0.3.3 /0.3.4b), different pools. Results are the same.. and have no idea why is that. If anyone has any suggestions i will be grateful.
   Thank you!
http://i65.tinypic.com/15wknkl.jpg

What's your PSU? Did they crash when not OC?

PSU is Evga Supernova 1300 G2 80 Gold. Yes, they are unstable even while they are not OC. They work 100% stable, without any hesitation only with "NiceHash Miner". Maybe there is an option or setting that i miss somewhere...
Activity: 180
December 04, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
Could someon please help me, I am mining XCZ with 6x1080ti ccmmier 2.2.2 cuda 9 and in miner it reports 18.6 mhs (3.100khs per card), but in miningpoolhub dashboard it reports 10-12mhs for the whole rig. What is the problem?

Your local hashrate is how many hashes your card is producing.  Not all hashes are accepted and not all hashes are given equal weight on the pool.  Of the accepted hashes the more difficult the hash the more it is worth so if you get lucky and find a number of difficult hashes that are accepted in short succession you can get higher than normal hashrate.  Equally if you get unlucky and only find low difficulty hashes your hashrate will show lower than your local rate.   On average though over time it should be close to what you have locally.

There is a large luck factor when it comes to mining that can significantly affect your reported hashrate at times both high and low.

I know all this and everything about luck factor, but I ran ccminer 2.2.2 cuda 9 for 2 days and never got to more than 12mhs on miningpoolhub chart and my rig was producing 18.6mhs all the time. Someone wrote that there is some problem with the miner and some custom miner fix this...
What are your clock settings for getting 3.3mhs mining XCZ with 1080ti?

You need to use the djm version of ccminer or you will not get accurate hashrate accepted by the pool when mining Zcoin.

+150 Core Stock Memory 80% tdp (doesn't matter much for this algo since it won't even use that much) and -I 22 should get around 3300 hashrate for a GTX 1080 Ti on Zcoin.

Is that djm ccminer cuda 9? Could you please post download link?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
December 04, 2017, 09:12:53 AM
With neoscrypt.

What soft should I use ?

The best card ROI is 1060/3. For neoscrypt good 1060 and 1070. 1080ti and 1070ti went on sale later then alexis wrote his miner.
Activity: 166
December 04, 2017, 07:51:26 AM
Many coins can be profitable.  Don't try to go for daily profits.   Try to find the whales or Pump and dump groups.    There is one advantage mining has.  You can mine without triggering the pump and dump groups and climb with them with a stop loss limit.  lol  Something I learn from trading.

List of predictions

I mined and hold Zen until it increase by 50%
DGB (November) from 110 to 130 it's quite profitable
DGB (December) spike to 150 today is very profitable.
I hold over 1100 Monacoins and 250 Vertcoins from summer mining.

I mined Feathercoin few weeks before it from 700 to 2100+.  

SIGT was crazy profit on it's early start.

Hush has a nice pattern of low difficulty and 25% increase pump.   If you get in certain time that can be very profitable.

Lots of risk taking and some research behind it helps.   I mined Vertcoin for a while recently.  Now it climb and it almost hit 80k satoshis.  

Im looking at Hush again if difficulty remains very low.  It might hit at least 25k from 14k.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
December 04, 2017, 07:36:58 AM
With neoscrypt.

What soft should I use ?

Activity: 291
Merit: 155
December 04, 2017, 07:29:18 AM
zen e btg seem to be really profitable theese days, but i'm still on nanopool for zec...

What pool do you use for zen and btg?
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
December 04, 2017, 07:21:41 AM
With neoscrypt.

What soft should I use ?
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
December 04, 2017, 07:16:02 AM
Hello,
  My 2x 1080ti Strix OC are unstable, especially GPU2 with Equihash Cry . I Tried with different OC settings, different versions- CUDA Zcash miner(0.3.3 /0.3.4b), different pools. Results are the same.. and have no idea why is that. If anyone has any suggestions i will be grateful.
   Thank you!

What's your PSU? Did they crash when not OC?
Jump to: