Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 136. (Read 409662 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
December 01, 2017, 04:14:02 AM
Different cards - different opinions. My mostly like - Gigabyte Aorus. Palit GameRock(not premium) looks like more quiet, but gives me less hashes at the higher temperature.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 01, 2017, 02:01:43 AM
idk man that guy kinda lost me when he was like "if i say the math = 300, these are terrible, but if my maths off and these are 150, then thats pretty impressive" Cheesy

I lost all credibility in him when he started talking like that, haha, which sucked as it seems he knows his shit, why take educated guesses on the line of "shit or impressive"?  youtube hit bait

i OWN zotac extremes, they are bomb, sure they use 30 more watts, but thats meh to me, they OC like a boss, look great and keep cool, fills most of my perfect card requirements.
of course if i had 500 cards, 30 watts would matter, but i personally dont, so it's dosent, to me Cheesy

I agree Zotac it is a good card for the money it costs!
Do not know why people have doubts about it?
working fast, silent and cold. 
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 11:23:02 PM
Anyone mining Bitcoin Gold and on what pool?

Yes, I have had a few GPUs in personal computers pointed at BTG (when not being gamed on) on Suprnova pool since it launched and there have been no problems at all. Most pools seem to have been a horror story the first couple of days, but Suprnova was rock solid all along and has paid out like clockwork.  BTG is worth mining for daily profit, but there's also a chance it takes off down the road if you want to just hold them for a few months.

I had some problems with Suprnova. Round progress was going over 400% and i didnt get any BTG. Tried pool.gold and i got some inmature balance but dont sure if i should mine zec or btg.
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
November 30, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
idk man that guy kinda lost me when he was like "if i say the math = 300, these are terrible, but if my maths off and these are 150, then thats pretty impressive" Cheesy

I lost all credibility in him when he started talking like that, haha, which sucked as it seems he knows his shit, why take educated guesses on the line of "shit or impressive"?  youtube hit bait

i OWN zotac extremes, they are bomb, sure they use 30 more watts, but thats meh to me, they OC like a boss, look great and keep cool, fills most of my perfect card requirements.
of course if i had 500 cards, 30 watts would matter, but i personally dont, so it's dosent, to me Cheesy

At 10cents/kwh, 30 watts is $26usd per year. Not insignificant if you ask me  Cheesy
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
November 30, 2017, 09:55:35 PM

Yes, I have had a few GPUs in personal computers pointed at BTG (when not being gamed on) on Suprnova pool since it launched and there have been no problems at all. Most pools seem to have been a horror story the first couple of days, but Suprnova was rock solid all along and has paid out like clockwork.  BTG is worth mining for daily profit, but there's also a chance it takes off down the road if you want to just hold them for a few months.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
November 30, 2017, 09:18:49 PM
Same here got 2 rigs with 4 zotacs and 4 strixs oc,strixs are cooler 4-5c then zotacs.Also zotacs tdp is a bit higher in bios then strix1 so at 70tdp there is about 20w difference
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 08:30:41 PM
I own one zotac amp extreme and one asus strix oc. Zotac gives more hashrate at similar power usage than asus strix. Zotac is easy to overclock and stable at 2062mhz core while asus goes up to 2012-2026 mhz core.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 30, 2017, 08:16:56 PM

suprnova was good the first day
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 07:50:28 PM
Activity: 55
November 30, 2017, 03:17:00 PM
I just bought a MSI gaming TRIO.  The reason is  that I really wanted something quiet. I have it temporally in a board with a Strix OC, the poor strix (but powerful, since it hashes > 800sols/s) looks a minion compared to it.  At default settings hashes about 3% less than the Strix in lyra2z.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
November 30, 2017, 03:12:36 PM

I lost all credibility in him when he started talking like that, haha, which sucked as it seems he knows his shit, why take educated guesses on the line of "shit or impressive"?  youtube hit bait

Activity: 39
November 30, 2017, 03:09:43 PM
don't know what are you guys talking about, but I know, that zotac I have, has the best performance, rather palit superjetstreams I have earlier.
it has higher core frequency and memory frequency, and I don't know  what should a man do with a card, to brake PCB?! once installed I will never touch it again, it is working and working.
personally, I prefer to take ASUS STRIX, but by the time I have money for it, the price for Asus goes too high - more then $850. Zotac I took for $730 and Palits less then $700.. so the choice is obvious for me here

Zotac amp extreme: Very poor vrms. Poor efficiency. The cooler's massive and the gpu runs cool, but no point if it use 5-10% more power and is easier to breakdown. Search zotac 1080ti amp extreme pcb breakdown on youtube by bullzoid. avoid at all costs.

i saw this video. and they guy checked and explain everything. he said that those mosfets are not the best and they can not power more than 640A. bad. but in reality any GTX1080ti will eat not more then 200-250A, so it is kinda 3 times less. so no worries here. and specially for you the timing where he says his verdict about Zotac's PCB
https://youtu.be/whN03KB2D9k?t=879

imho, card is worth it money. it is well build. yes, Asus strix is better, but Zotac is not bad, no need to "avoid at all costs"

I have 4 zotac amp extreme and 3 gigabyte extreme.
Out of these two zotac amp extreme is better.
Zotac provides more hashrate and runs cooler.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
November 30, 2017, 02:26:18 PM
don't know what are you guys talking about, but I know, that zotac I have, has the best performance, rather palit superjetstreams I have earlier.
it has higher core frequency and memory frequency, and I don't know  what should a man do with a card, to brake PCB?! once installed I will never touch it again, it is working and working.
personally, I prefer to take ASUS STRIX, but by the time I have money for it, the price for Asus goes too high - more then $850. Zotac I took for $730 and Palits less then $700.. so the choice is obvious for me here

Zotac amp extreme: Very poor vrms. Poor efficiency. The cooler's massive and the gpu runs cool, but no point if it use 5-10% more power and is easier to breakdown. Search zotac 1080ti amp extreme pcb breakdown on youtube by bullzoid. avoid at all costs.

i saw this video. and they guy checked and explain everything. he said that those mosfets are not the best and they can not power more than 640A. bad. but in reality any GTX1080ti will eat not more then 200-250A, so it is kinda 3 times less. so no worries here. and specially for you the timing where he says his verdict about Zotac's PCB
https://youtu.be/whN03KB2D9k?t=879

imho, card is worth it money. it is well build. yes, Asus strix is better, but Zotac is not bad, no need to "avoid at all costs"
Activity: 216
Merit: 101
November 30, 2017, 01:50:50 PM
What is the max average power consumption for 1080ti beast?
depends on the algorithm and the settings .... from 100-250w

lol, yeah such a vague answer for such a vague question.  Its about 200w.  Buy a wattmeter, play with power limit.  you'll see for yourself.
i have plenty of those cards and have tried most algorithms if not all under both linux and windows with all type of settings . few of  my rigs are powered by evga 1200w so that is already less than 200w per cards ....
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
November 30, 2017, 12:51:58 PM
it has higher core frequency and memory frequency, and I don't know  what should a man do with a card, to brake PCB?! once installed I will never touch it again, it is working and working.
personally, I prefer to take ASUS STRIX, but by the time I have money for it, the price for Asus goes too high - more then $850. Zotac I took for $730 and Palits less then $700.. so the choice is obvious for me here

I usually go with the cheapest model. However there are some you should avoid unless they are significantly cheaper

Founders edition: Loud and hot. My FE cards are 3% slower than the Evga Sc2 models because high temps = lower hash for pascal. Still I bought them at $659 so no complains. Just avoid all blowers unless they are super cheap.

Zotac mini: It's small and has poorer cooling = lower hash. Fine for 1080 and below, but it's pushing it for 1080ti. Again the pcb breakdown by bullzoid mentions there are compromises to make such a small card in the pcb. Not like we are tight for space, so avoid.

Inno3d twin x2: I host for a client who bought 18 of these cards. It's a reused cooler from 780ti. Heatsink is pretty thin, like 1cm thick only on the right side of the card. Poor cooling. It has reference pcb, so pcb is fine, just not so good cooler.
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
November 30, 2017, 12:40:31 PM
Ok I found the djm miner.

How much intensity is possible ?

BR

for me.... 21, and better performance with 22, but it's not stable, definitely 21.
Activity: 658
November 30, 2017, 12:09:31 PM
Ok I found the djm miner.

How much intensity is possible ?

BR
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
November 30, 2017, 12:02:24 PM
If we compare zencash to zcoin which one is most profitable today?

And which one do you think will gain most in value next year?
Activity: 658
November 30, 2017, 11:42:05 AM
Could someone please write his clock and power settings for mining zcoin lyraz with ccminer 2.2.2. cuda 9
I get about 3.100 kh/s per one asus strix 1080ti with these settings:
power limit 50%
core +160
memory -400

Do you have the link for the miner?

I get only ~ 2300 kh/s with a GTX 1080 ti.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
November 30, 2017, 11:06:22 AM
What is the max average power consumption for 1080ti beast?
depends on the algorithm and the settings .... from 100-250w

lol, yeah such a vague answer for such a vague question.  Its about 200w.  Buy a wattmeter, play with power limit.  you'll see for yourself.
Jump to: