Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 241. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 278
August 26, 2017, 03:51:39 PM
so if I run the fan around %70 is it ok or is it too much and will damage the fan sooner ?_

I think it is better to utilize your fan to avoid GPU overheat damage. BTW the fan is quite cheap if you can change it yourself, but you can't change GPU and GPU other electronic components.

Thanks !
I run my EVGA 1080ti SC2 @ 70° max with fans @ 60%
Those chips can run at 90°, it is advised to not go >80° so for me 70 is a good MAX temp for 24/7
If I have any issue, I have a 48 hours RMA with EVGA so I dont care.

same for me, 70degres is a good temp for mining

I don't know, those numbers sound a bit high. You may need to throttle back on the power consumption of these cards a bit more. I have that exact card EVGA 1080Ti SC2 in a rig with 4 others (5 GPU rig) and they all only run around 60° C with the fans speeds only hovering around 40-50%.

They are all doing 800 Sols with a bit less than 140 watts each power draw (750W for the entire rig including system overhead), and operating in a 90° F (32° C) environment, so not unduly cool by any means. Even if I switch to ETH mining, they still are right around the same temps and fan speeds, although power use may creep up slightly.
How the hell are you getting 800 sols on 140w...

MSI Afterburner. Reduce Power Limit (I run ~ 68), un-check the temp link and set the temp to ~85 or so. The cards don't run this hot but this keeps the software from throttling, with a 20+ degree difference between actual and limit there is no throttling. Then increase core clock to 250 or whatever you can before it crashes, and you can leave memory at default or even reduce it slightly as it has little impact on Equihash mining. Also, keeping your cards cool is a must, as I posted above I have a lot of airflow going to and over my cards, so I think that is the main secret as if they start to get hot even in the 70's the cards will start to throttle back and the Sols will begin to drop.

Man those evgas oc really well i have 2 rigs with strix oc and zotac amp extreme and highest i got was +160,my cards don't go over 60c.Whats your cpu i saw few cases where shity cpu caused few % lower sols
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
August 26, 2017, 03:25:53 PM
so if I run the fan around %70 is it ok or is it too much and will damage the fan sooner ?_

I think it is better to utilize your fan to avoid GPU overheat damage. BTW the fan is quite cheap if you can change it yourself, but you can't change GPU and GPU other electronic components.

Thanks !
Those chips can run at 90°, it is advised to not go >80° so for me 70 is a good MAX temp for 24/7

I don't know, those numbers sound a bit high. You may need to throttle back on the power consumption of these cards a bit more. I have that exact card EVGA 1080Ti SC2 in a rig with 4 others (5 GPU rig) and they all only run around 60° C with the fans speeds only hovering around 40-50%.

They are all doing 800 Sols with a bit less than 140 watts each power draw (750W for the entire rig including system overhead), and operating in a 90° F (32° C) environment, so not unduly cool by any means. Even if I switch to ETH mining, they still are right around the same temps and fan speeds, although power use may creep up slightly.

MSI Afterburner. Reduce Power Limit (I run ~ 68), un-check the temp link and set the temp to ~85 or so. The cards don't run this hot but this keeps the software from throttling, with a 20+ degree difference between actual and limit there is no throttling. Then increase core clock to 250 or whatever you can before it crashes, and you can leave memory at default or even reduce it slightly as it has little impact on Equihash mining. Also, keeping your cards cool is a must, as I posted above I have a lot of airflow going to and over my cards, so I think that is the main secret as if they start to get hot even in the 70's the cards will start to throttle back and the Sols will begin to drop.
legendary
August 26, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

Thanks !

yes but it depend a lot of your environment, case, fans etc etc. for me, i live in a real furnace in summer, very hot their, and lot of dust, so if i open everything, their will be a lot of dust inside my parts and the cooling will be reduced. So for the moment, i prefer to close everything even if it will run hotter

True, good air flow is indeed important and I do have a lot of fans pointed at my rigs. For dust you can use furnace air filters in front of the fans to help. If you have a lot of dust issues you could build a box to direct the airflow better and reduce the dust even more. There is a YouTube video of a guy in Florida who put all his rigs into 3 plywood boxes he built, they use furnace filters to filter the incoming air and some 30" home depot fans to exhaust out the top.  While it may seem extreme, when you consider the 1080Ti's are close to $700 each, it might be a good option if oyu run yours in a dirty environment.

Can't find the video atm, but if I do I will update the post. Found it, think it is also been posted by others before, but here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-_9F8R_PFU
August 26, 2017, 03:01:38 PM

Thanks !

Activity: 518
Merit: 261
August 26, 2017, 02:57:39 PM

Thanks !

yes but it depend a lot of your environement, case, fans etc etc. for me, i live in a real furnace in summer, very hot their, and lot of dust, so if i open everything, their will be a lot of dust inside my parts and the cooling will be reduced. So for the moment, i prefer to close everything even if it will run hotter
legendary
August 26, 2017, 02:48:09 PM

Thanks !

Activity: 518
Merit: 261
August 26, 2017, 11:21:17 AM

Thanks !

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
August 26, 2017, 10:08:57 AM

Thanks !
Activity: 178
Merit: 102
August 26, 2017, 09:11:15 AM

Thanks !
Activity: 224
IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX
August 26, 2017, 08:39:54 AM

August 26, 2017, 06:39:51 AM
Activity: 302
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
August 26, 2017, 05:36:55 AM
My zotiacs have problems with oc... And intensity other brands gigabyte I can push it to the limit without problem and higher intensity.

Depends on the card which you got. Gtx 1080ti is not gtx 1080ti Smiley

Maybe you need to change something in the registry to change it.
Do you have the AMP Extreme? That is inadequately cooled according to GamersNexus.

Yes amp extreme... But the gigabyte gaming oc are better for Mining I think. Cooler and you got more mhs. Don't now why... Maybe for gaming better the amp

Amp extreme at stock already heavily OC. not sure you look at the net clock speed of the two. Technically it stated can take those heat without issue. Dont think we need to overly concern about that.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
August 26, 2017, 04:39:27 AM
is 75c  ok with 1080ti during mining  ?

its all "imo" but i dont run my cards over 50-55°. why?  cause i have 1080ti's and i want them to LAST haha
dude, honestly put them to 80% fan atleast, i assure you a fan is easier to replace than an ASIC that gets burned out Cheesy
ambient temp makes dif, but ya, would YOU wanna think at 80°? Cheesy
Activity: 839
August 26, 2017, 04:33:47 AM
I'm at 43 degrees in Sigt mining with Aorus 1080ti waterforce AIO Smiley
Wonderful cooling !
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
August 26, 2017, 03:57:40 AM
At this time best for mining  price/productivity is radeon top cards
August 26, 2017, 03:33:12 AM
is 75c  ok with 1080ti during mining  ?
August 25, 2017, 07:11:00 PM
I've got an MSI 1080 Ti that I can barely get above 250 H/s in equihash.  Similar issues across other algos.  I've got 16x Tis from different manufacturers and this is the first one to give me issues.  Should this be RMA'd?  I've tried:

--hard uninstall/reinstall of drivers
--swapping board slots
--swapping riser cards/cables
--current and previously stable drivers

The card is currently set at 100% power/+25 gpu/+300 mem and it is consistently pulling at ~45% power.  It shares the rig with two other 1070 GTXs running at 65% power with no issues.  Power draw from the wall is not an issue.  1200W PSU.

Very strange issue, what is the exact model of your MSI branded gpu? Is it a custom cooled version? If you tried all other methods to test, the last effort should be RMA for replacement.

MSI 1080 Ti Duke 11G OC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0722YBZGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm trying everything I can to avoid an RMA as I'm not physically located with the machine, but I really can't think of anything else, at this point.
Why not put your card i  pcie slot alone and run some benchmarks?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 25, 2017, 03:31:58 PM
I've got an MSI 1080 Ti that I can barely get above 250 H/s in equihash.  Similar issues across other algos.  I've got 16x Tis from different manufacturers and this is the first one to give me issues.  Should this be RMA'd?  I've tried:

--swapping board slots

The card is currently set at 100% power/+25 gpu/+300 mem and it is consistently pulling at ~45% power.  It shares the rig with two other 1070 GTXs running at 65% power with no issues.  Power draw from the wall is not an issue.  1200W PSU.

Very strange issue, what is the exact model of your MSI branded gpu? Is it a custom cooled version? If you tried all other methods to test, the last effort should be RMA for replacement.

MSI 1080 Ti Duke 11G OC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0722YBZGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm trying everything I can to avoid an RMA as I'm not physically located with the machine, but I really can't think of anything else, at this point.
Merit: 250
August 25, 2017, 12:53:03 PM

--swapping board slots

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
August 25, 2017, 12:44:32 PM
My zotiacs have problems with oc... And intensity other brands gigabyte I can push it to the limit without problem and higher intensity.

Depends on the card which you got. Gtx 1080ti is not gtx 1080ti Smiley

Maybe you need to change something in the registry to change it.
Do you have the AMP Extreme? That is inadequately cooled according to GamersNexus.

Yes amp extreme... But the gigabyte gaming oc are better for Mining I think. Cooler and you got more mhs. Don't now why... Maybe for gaming better the amp
Jump to: