Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 61. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
February 06, 2018, 04:34:48 AM
I don't know if somebody tried a comparison between ahash and zergpool ?

I have 12 x GTX 1080 Ti on 2 rigs
In January I did arround 0,0055 and 0,007 BTC per day on ahashpool with nemosminer

I saw the shitstorm about pools in the Nemosminer thread and here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yiimp-pools-zpoolahashpoolhashrefinery-making-large-payments-to-non-miners-2835350

Yesterday I did a test and switched a rig on zerg pool
The afternoon (6h test), I did 25% more on zerg pool

This night (10h test), I did 42% more on zerg pool

It's a pretty big difference in my opinion, anybody else tried this ?

Not sure if you saw the ahashpool email response to that FUD....saying it's payouts to their own rigs.

Anyway, I really like ahashpool but have been meaning to try zergpool, currently using sniffdog. I tried mining to zerg but for some reason my data wasn't showing up on their site so I went back to ahashpool. Please do more testing and comparisons, doesn't sound like you did fair comparison because you said your ahashpool results are from Jan and coins went down a lot. Let us know if zerg really is more profitable. Thanks
Yeah I sa the answer

Look like zergpool could be more profitable, but has a lot of issues currently
few days ago it was down during the night
this night the autotrade was disable because an exchange didn't worked

And graph are not as smooth as ahash Cheesy
https://reho.st/self/84a03ce25767fa73a77e7d1aa6652e6c019ac9f7.jpg
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 06, 2018, 12:10:30 AM

In January I did arround 0,0055 and 0,007 BTC per day on ahashpool with nemosminer

I saw the shitstorm about pools in the Nemosminer thread and here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yiimp-pools-zpoolahashpoolhashrefinery-making-large-payments-to-non-miners-2835350

Not sure if you saw the ahashpool email response to that FUD....saying it's payouts to their own rigs.

Anyway, I really like ahashpool but have been meaning to try zergpool, currently using sniffdog. I tried mining to zerg but for some reason my data wasn't showing up on their site so I went back to ahashpool. Please do more testing and comparisons, doesn't sound like you did fair comparison because you said your ahashpool results are from Jan and coins went down a lot. Let us know if zerg really is more profitable. Thanks

I've been on zerg since this morning.
Seems to be similar, or slightly worse so far, than ahashpool.
I'll report back after the 24 hr.
Activity: 8
February 05, 2018, 11:58:43 PM

February 05, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
If I went back in time to 2012 and mined Bitcoin with this card (just one) what would the hashrate be?

I need to know for debate's sake, not that I'd go and do it. Wink

A trick question?
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
February 05, 2018, 04:25:40 PM
If I went back in time to 2012 and mined Bitcoin with this card (just one) what would the hashrate be?

I need to know for debate's sake, not that I'd go and do it. Wink
Activity: 141
Merit: 4
ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.
February 05, 2018, 02:39:56 PM
Prices are artificial risen by GPU vendors by delivering smaller or same amounts they used to produce/deliver before the outbreak of Crypto.

They have already stated that because of unplanned orders  of raw material needed for GPU production they must pay that same  raw material much more than they would if demand for GPUs were the same as last year.

So they have just transferred additional production/material  costs on buyers.

thats all a diversion. they dont want to be holding the bag if the market crashes, and miners flood the market w/ used cards. but those of us that have been in the game long enought know...

t h e  m a r k e t  n e v e r  c r a s h e s.

btc can only be stopped if the internet is shut down. my buddies out in india are still trading their margins. its just harder to inject new fiat into the market, but its not illegal to buy sell the coins themselves. the institutions are trying to choke the market right now by not letting ppl by w/ credit cards, and spreading FUD. if you had 200million $ to invest, do you want to buy btc at 17k? 13k? 8k? or 5k? which will take us to around the 200 day moving average. basically back to october prices before the ridiculous price rocket. once we get that major cash injection, things will go up organically.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 02:15:49 PM
any new tips on coins?
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
February 05, 2018, 10:37:26 AM
And that means for gamers they can get cards and I don't have to listen to any more whining and complaining on forums.

Gamers to stop whining? Not counting on that.
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
February 05, 2018, 10:04:07 AM
Like the rest of the 3 month club I got into it at the high.  I didn't really expect it to stay up there but am surprised it has dived down this far.  I didn't do my research.  I expect BTC will get to $5K or lower.  It sucks that it drags alts right down with it.

I paid MSRP for all my stuff and don't plan on selling or quitting unless it gets to the point that I'm not breaking even.  This is a good time to mine stacks and hold onto them. Hopefully as people give up hash rate drops off and it gets easier for those who stick it out.  Choose a few good coins that aren't total garbage and hold onto them for a year or more.  Who knows - might pay off.   Smiley

Here in the US the benefit to lower prices is less income tax reported from mining.  At least we have that going for us.  lol

Another benefit is GPU prices should take a steep decline in the next 30-60 days if market prices stay down.  People are going to give up.  And that means for gamers they can get cards and I don't have to listen to any more whining and complaining on forums.
Activity: 182
February 05, 2018, 09:56:58 AM
I have to admit I was aiming at a 100-150 day ROI when I started.
Activity: 309
Merit: 5
February 05, 2018, 09:23:14 AM
zm_0.5.8_win is good, my GTX 1070 got only 460 sols on ewbf's cuda but with zm_0.5.8_win miner I got 502 Sols
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
February 05, 2018, 09:00:28 AM
Reading over the last couple of pages it would seem that a culling of the herd is happening now. For those complaining about a "mere" $6/day, were you mining for more then the past 3 months....? Mining is still in a quite profitable place now compared to the majority of the past ~7-8 years that it's existed.

People get too used to the good times
...or they're all noobs who just paid $1300 per 1080Ti and haven't factored in the fact that crypto prices are going down. The days where you'd get your money back in less than 3 months are over... And they're not coming back unless 1) GPU prices drop by 50% and 2) Coin prices start going up again.
Activity: 51
February 05, 2018, 05:54:00 AM

February 04, 2018, 11:21:14 PM
Do you guys think it would be more profitable to buy a 1080 TI mining rig or invest the money into the market at this point?  I know mining would have consistent earnings over time, but would it beat out the growth of the market in the long run?

Who knows if either will be profitable in the future.
All risky.
Activity: 102
February 04, 2018, 10:56:57 PM
Do you guys think it would be more profitable to buy a 1080 TI mining rig or invest the money into the market at this point?  I know mining would have consistent earnings over time, but would it beat out the growth of the market in the long run?
February 04, 2018, 10:15:58 PM
Reading over the last couple of pages it would seem that a culling of the herd is happening now. For those complaining about a "mere" $6/day, were you mining for more then the past 3 months....? Mining is still in a quite profitable place now compared to the majority of the past ~7-8 years that it's existed.

People get too used to the good times
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
February 04, 2018, 10:04:31 PM
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
February 04, 2018, 03:34:44 PM
So far with my 1080ti rig I have been using:

sniffdog + ahashpool / MPH + ethmonitoring

On windows, I am able to OC the cards +100/+500 in afterburner, but as soon as I go to +120/+500 I crash/freeze.

On linux, I am able to OC to +200/+500, stable with zero problems.

Does anyone know of a good linux based profit/algo switching software like sniffdog/nemos?

nvOC has a built in profit switching script: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250
Activity: 8
February 04, 2018, 03:32:08 PM
So far with my 1080ti rig I have been using:

sniffdog + ahashpool / MPH + ethmonitoring

On windows, I am able to OC the cards +100/+500 in afterburner, but as soon as I go to +120/+500 I crash/freeze.

On linux, I am able to OC to +200/+500, stable with zero problems.

Does anyone know of a good linux based profit/algo switching software like sniffdog/nemos?
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
February 04, 2018, 02:57:56 PM
Instead of attacking eachother, let us pls help eachother.

What's wrong with this forum lately?

Unfortunately it is not an attack, it is just a common sense. Having a coin mining average more than others is only possible for a limited time, and until it is being advertised somewhere.  As soon as you share it on a busy enough topic, people switch their rig , and the income gets hit to about average.
Pages:
Jump to: