Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 63. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 06:40:27 PM
Does the SLI bridge impact performance with SLI disabled?

SLI is irrelevant for mining, so there's no need to have a SLI bridge on a mining rig. If you have SLI disabled, then I don't think it will make any difference without the SLI bridge, but I have not tested that specifically.
Ok, thanks.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
February 02, 2018, 06:37:01 PM

SLI is irrelevant for mining, so there's no need to have a SLI bridge on a mining rig. If you have SLI disabled, then I don't think it will make any difference without the SLI bridge, but I have not tested that specifically.
February 02, 2018, 06:33:01 PM
Activity: 64
February 02, 2018, 03:15:50 PM
Hello to everyone!
I am a new member on this forum so I would like your opinion on some things if possible.
I want to begin mining and I have found different opinions on this subject, regarding GPUs, what to mine, profits and so on....
My plan is to mine Eth but I have found that 1080 ti is not the best option for that, Eth is also dropping down on the market, the thing is I want to start making profits ASAP (not in the long run).

Due to those searches I have decided to compare these 2 GPUs:

MSI RX580 ARMOR 8G OC, 8GB GDDR5, 256bit - 550eu
ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING - 813eu

Both have same warranty, so which would you prefer as a best buy?
(any other suggestion is welcome)

Currently I have I3 2nd generation sandy bridge with 8gbs RAM and 1TB HDD so I wont be building a RIG (lets see how the profits go on this PC with one of the above GPUs)
I don't want to waste money for 1080 ti (if not needed) but also I wouldn't want to stay outdated with the RX580.

Thank you in advance!

Get the 1070/1070Ti instead.
You get more flexibility in algorithm choices (the RX580 doesn't do well in algos other than Eth) and still has great Eth hashrate since they don't use GDDR5X
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
February 02, 2018, 11:32:39 AM
Guys do you know best driver for 1080ti i can get 670-685 sol/s with latest driver but downgrading to geforce 388.71 whql driver and i can get almost 710-720 sol/s but i heard there are some other 1080ti miner could get almost 800 sol/s in dmts miner..
As of now its stable at 720 sol/s do you have any suggestion to increase the hashrate?

I bought this card of almost $1k plus and looks like the roi takes longer than rx 570.. if we bought it for cheaper price. .

Try to rise the core clock +50/+100/+150...
I tried to core to 100 and memory clock to 590 just found in youtube and tried the speed given right now is stable around 740-750 sol/s
It increased a bit but this is only work in dmts but if i use ewbf miner my hashrate that i can get is 690-710 sol/s
Do you think its a driver issue? can you share if what version of driver you are using in windows 10 pro?

Guys do you know best driver for 1080ti i can get 670-685 sol/s with latest driver but downgrading to geforce 388.71 whql driver and i can get almost 710-720 sol/s but i heard there are some other 1080ti miner could get almost 800 sol/s in dmts miner..
As of now its stable at 720 sol/s do you have any suggestion to increase the hashrate?

I bought this card of almost $1k plus and looks like the roi takes longer than rx 570.. if we bought it for cheaper price. .

What coin are you talking about?
I'm mining zcash(ZEC) and use dmts miner..
Activity: 8
February 02, 2018, 11:08:05 AM

What coin are you talking about?
February 02, 2018, 10:57:22 AM
Do I really need to set the display to "never" turn off in the Power options/Plan settings? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to just set it to auto Turn Off in, say, 5 minutes, especially if there is no display connected to the rig? So that the card doesn't spend resources on trying to send the signal to the dvi or hdmi connection...

Best way to know is to try it.  In my case the hash rate drops when the monitors turn off, so they stay on.  20 watts or so for each monitor
Yeah, that's what I am doing right now. Preliminary, raw and approximate (probably wrong) conclusion is that disconnected monitor+monitor turned off by the power plan provides higher hash rates in the pool data. But for the miner readings - it's all the same. With physically connected or disconnected monitor.
Do you see the hash rates drop with monitor turned off in the miner or on the pool side?

My hash rate drop is on the miner side, and then of course, on the pool side.

its normal, its one of nvidias ways of low energy usage. they go into a "sleep" (low power mode), if no external display connected to them Sad
an old school solution was to force P0 mode, that prevents it
we use those dummy plugs also nowadays, they cost but a few bucks and totally solve the problem
I think this is solved by creating the nvidia profile for the miner and forcing maximum performance power management mode.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
February 02, 2018, 09:14:05 AM

Try to rise the core clock +50/+100/+150...
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 07:23:50 AM
Hello to everyone!
I am a new member on this forum so I would like your opinion on some things if possible.
I want to begin mining and I have found different opinions on this subject, regarding GPUs, what to mine, profits and so on....
My plan is to mine Eth but I have found that 1080 ti is not the best option for that, Eth is also dropping down on the market, the thing is I want to start making profits ASAP (not in the long run).

Currently I have I3 2nd generation sandy bridge with 8gbs RAM and 1TB HDD so I wont be building a RIG (lets see how the profits go on this PC with one of the above GPUs)
I don't want to waste money for 1080 ti (if not needed) but also I wouldn't want to stay outdated with the RX580.

Thank you in advance!

In this thread there is only one possible answer - of course GTX1080TI. You can mine something profitable, sell it and buy ETH.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
February 02, 2018, 07:08:12 AM

Activity: 94
February 02, 2018, 06:33:56 AM
Hello to everyone!

Thank you in advance!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
February 02, 2018, 02:03:25 AM
Do I really need to set the display to "never" turn off in the Power options/Plan settings? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to just set it to auto Turn Off in, say, 5 minutes, especially if there is no display connected to the rig? So that the card doesn't spend resources on trying to send the signal to the dvi or hdmi connection...

Best way to know is to try it.  In my case the hash rate drops when the monitors turn off, so they stay on.  20 watts or so for each monitor
Yeah, that's what I am doing right now. Preliminary, raw and approximate (probably wrong) conclusion is that disconnected monitor+monitor turned off by the power plan provides higher hash rates in the pool data. But for the miner readings - it's all the same. With physically connected or disconnected monitor.
Do you see the hash rates drop with monitor turned off in the miner or on the pool side?

its normal, its one of nvidias ways of low energy usage. they go into a "sleep" (low power mode), if no external display connected to them Sad
an old school solution was to force P0 mode, that prevents it
we use those dummy plugs also nowadays, they cost but a few bucks and totally solve the problem
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
February 01, 2018, 11:07:15 PM

Best way to know is to try it.  In my case the hash rate drops when the monitors turn off, so they stay on.  20 watts or so for each monitor

Activity: 64
February 01, 2018, 05:06:45 AM
HEY GUYS!!!! Is GDDR5x really that bad for algos?
For memory intensives, like eth, yeah for now
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
February 01, 2018, 03:09:31 AM
Prices are artificial risen by GPU vendors by delivering smaller or same amounts they used to produce/deliver before the outbreak of Crypto.

They have already stated that because of unplanned orders  of raw material needed for GPU production they must pay that same  raw material much more than they would if demand for GPUs were the same as last year.

So they have just transferred additional production/material  costs on buyers.
Activity: 53
February 01, 2018, 02:46:48 AM
Best option is to sell your 1080ti's to desperate people that want more cards for mining, and then buy back 1.5 more cards back in a few weeks from the money.
Best profit.

Hoping the cards don't continue to rise in price.

Fact is, a new batch will be deliverd soon, and 2nd fact is, there won't be so much people in a rush to buy more cards  like last months, since the profits suck, so do not worry, prices will go back to normal.
People buying 1080ti's for 1200 usd these days think the cards wont be available for months, this is exactly what retailers want you to think, cash money

1200 USD is a fair price, you know?

current price in Russia are ~1700 USD/pce.

That's what might be called a desease

That's insane... i'll sell mine to Russia including shipping.

I bet you, your being used GPUs would be gladly accepted by public Cheesy

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 01, 2018, 02:09:25 AM
Best option is to sell your 1080ti's to desperate people that want more cards for mining, and then buy back 1.5 more cards back in a few weeks from the money.
Best profit.

Fact is, a new batch will be deliverd soon, and 2nd fact is, there won't be so much people in a rush to buy more cards  like last months, since the profits suck, so do not worry, prices will go back to normal.
People buying 1080ti's for 1200 usd these days think the cards wont be available for months, this is exactly what retailers want you to think, cash money

That's insane... i'll sell mine to Russia including shipping.
Activity: 53
February 01, 2018, 01:59:53 AM
Best profit.

Fact is, a new batch will be deliverd soon, and 2nd fact is, there won't be so much people in a rush to buy more cards  like last months, since the profits suck, so do not worry, prices will go back to normal.

Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
February 01, 2018, 01:47:14 AM
Best profit.

Fact is, a new batch will be deliverd soon, and 2nd fact is, there won't be so much people in a rush to buy more cards  like last months, since the profits suck, so do not worry, prices will go back to normal.
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
February 01, 2018, 01:44:25 AM
Why does Verge (Lyra2REv2) suddenly bump to the top in whattomine from time to time? It doesn't seem to be related to the value of the coin.

If its not the value, it must be the difficulty right? Since only these 2 determine your profits...
Pages:
Jump to: