Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 174. (Read 499592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Hey Catfish, I'll bite.  I'd like to try out your setup.

mmortal03 - Hmm, yeah I can up the default. So you're thinking like 20 NMC or something?  What about when we reach parity with BTC difficulty though?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
Future hash expansion will be FPGAs.
I don't know why people believe that. FPGA is a jack of all trades which can be taught the trade of hashing. The future is custom ASICs.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
Yes, sorry, I did have it reversed.  It is, in fact, 1 NMC = .00625001 BTC.

I think the discrepency came from a rounding error eating the 1000's place.  I've corrected that (it was using part of the code that processes the PP exchange rate, but since we aren't rounding to nearest cent, that code doesn't need to be in there.).  If you're missing BTC (or NMC) let me know how much and I will credit it to your account.  Sorry about that and good catch!

On a related note, you should probably make the default nmc auto-payout threshold be at least 10 times (or 100 times) whatever you have the default bitcoin auto-payout threshold is set to.  You currently have it at something of the reverse (for example, my bitcoin payout was 0.2, and my nmc payout defaulted to 0.02), which would mean minuscule-sized namecoin payouts for me (still plausible, but not what most people would expect).

By the way, your NMC to BTC conversion feature is excellent. You should be getting more people to join just for this feature, I'm sure! Until we have a way to directly convert NMC to dollars, people are going to want to use something exactly like what you're implemented.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Awesome! I'll PM you the details. Thanks for the fast fix and let's hope to get some easier blocks soon... Wink
legendary
Yes, sorry, I did have it reversed.  It is, in fact, 1 NMC = .00625001 BTC.

I think the discrepency came from a rounding error eating the 1000's place.  I've corrected that (it was using part of the code that processes the PP exchange rate, but since we aren't rounding to nearest cent, that code doesn't need to be in there.).  If you're missing BTC (or NMC) let me know how much and I will credit it to your account.  Sorry about that and good catch!

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Code:
Exch Rate: 1 BTC = 0.00625001 NMC -10.86981182 0.06787511

After all, shouldn't it be vice versa? (1 NMC = 0.00625001 BTC)

Then again, I suppose something's wrong with the exchange formula. Simple math here states:

10.86981182 NMC that amounts for 0.06787511 BTC would yield an exchange rate of 0.00624437.
So, either exchange rate or converted amount is wrong, if I'm not badly mistaken. If I am, slap me with a trout at will. Wink

But if I'm not, maybe you could look into this?

PS: Hi, MMC folks. Wink
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Thank you for the fast replies and implementation!
legendary
Done... I will add a current exchange rate display ASAP as well.

legendary
Sure, I will make that change now actually... it's fairly easy.
Ooh, I get it now. Would it be possible to show the btc amount on the transaction list when converting nmc to btc? (If so, could you please add it to the already too long todo-list).
legendary
It goes into your BTC balance, not into your BTC wallet.  If you want to cash out your earnings for BTC, then select a manual payout from there.  If you have auto payout setup for both, it will convert NMC first to BTC, then auto-payout your earnings in either BTC or PP.
I just tried to get some NMC as BTC, when I look at the transactions log, it shows 0.0000000 as amount and no wallet number is shown.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
I also just added the ability to auto-payout to BTC from NMC.

Just to clarify - there is no fee charged for NMC to BTC conversion.

COOL!

I've been looking for Namecoin.org so I could set up a Namecoin wallet.  Now I don't need one.

Thanks, Inaba
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I don't think the NMC -> BTC conversion is working properly.  I just requested a payout of 20 NMC, selected pay as BTC.  The NMC was deducted from my account, but I never received anything at my bitcoin wallet and the transaction history on the site shows a record of a transaction for 0.0000 BTC.

My username on the site is barcafan if you want to check into it.
legendary
Sure, I will add that feature.

I also just added the ability to auto-payout to BTC from NMC.

Just to clarify - there is no fee charged for NMC to BTC conversion.

Shads:

Thanks for the info!  That's good to hear, I will look into PSJ soon, so I may be hitting you up with questions Smiley
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 250
Hi peeps. Looks like there is more and more MMC refugees coming over, great to see that. Been with this pool since MMC went down, and I cannot complain, stability, features, communication are all excellent.
Thought I recognised some of the old names Smiley

BTW - first payments started piping through. Oh yum yum, that's three payouts of over 2 BTC each... I hope this one lasts as long as possible! Cheesy I don't think I've earned 6 BTC in a day before... if that's what my hashing power is worth, and it's only because of Inaba's reliable architecture that I've realised the maximum potential of my rigs... then I'm increasing my donations. This is one awesome setup.

Hell, it even makes my hacky installs look good - nothing has fallen over since I switched other than a(nother) crappy XFX card, which was a hardware failure (dry joint on GPU fan plug). I'm feeling rather exposed as I bought a lot of the XFX cards from videocardshop.co.uk when they were noticeably cheap - I now see why - I've got over 50% hardware failure rate and considering asking videocardshop.co.uk for a refund... Sad
Ok folks, by popular demand, I have enabled the option to covert NMC to BTC.  Conversion happens at the lower of daily rate or last sale. For example, if the last sale of NMC was for .075 BTC per NMC and the daily average was .079, you would convert NMC to BTC at the .075 rate.

With this option, it allows you to effectively take your NMC payouts as NMC, BTC or Paypal.

Thanks for the feature! I was wondering if you could display the NMC exchange rate somewhere, perhaps under where the BTC exchange rate is at the moment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 254
Sounds reasonable shads.  Thanks for clearing some things up.  

My biggest hurdle with PSJ right now is that it has no support for non-static SQL schemas... not that my schema is dynamic, but it is not a pushpool schema either (and of course not the PSJ schema).  I have lots of internal tricks going on inside the getwork server to handle DGM and I would have to make those same changes to PSJ it would seem... I would really like like to be able to make changes to the SQL without having to muck about in the PSJ sourcecode... that is honestly the biggest issue that is stopping me from trialing PSJ.

If that's the case the you might be interested in the new column mappings that are used in the latest version.  Previously it was built in a way such that if you wanted data field 9 included in your query you had to 1-8.  Which was very restrictive and inneficient if you happened to only need columns 1,2 and 9.  for example.

Now you can provide a mapping string which allows you to pick and choose data fields and map them to a position in your query.  This has opened up the possibility of adding any number of additional data fields and dynamic calculuations.  The current 'menu' includes:

Code:
###   1 - remote_host - TEXT or VARCHAR
###   2 - username - TEXT or VARCHAR
###   3 - our_result = BOOLEAN or INT(1), if pushpoolCompatibility mode: ENUM(Y,N) or TEXT or VARCHAR
###   4 - upstream_result = BOOLEAN or INT(1), if pushpoolCompatibility mode: ENUM(Y,N) or TEXT or VARCHAR
###   5 - reason - TEXT or VARCHAR
###   6 - solution - TEXT or VARCHAR (length 257)
###   7 - time - TIMESTAMP
###   8 - source - TEXT or VARCHAR
###   9 - block_num - INT or TEXT or VARCHAR
###  10 - prev_block_hash - TEXT or VARCHAR(65) - this is just solution.substring(8, 72) - may be useful for indexing
###  11 - useragent TEXT or VARCHAR
###  12 - unique_part TEXT or VARCHAR(88) - the part of solution that's unique in the block: merkleroot, time, difficulty, nonce
###  13 - nonce TEXT or VARCHAR(8) - nonce in hex
###  14 - hash TEXT or VARCHAR(64)
###  15 - unix_time BIGINTEGER
###
###  15 - 50 reserved

As well as per chain our_result_.  You can expect this to expand considerably in the near future.

adding new ones is now trivial.  e.g. there's a number of stats that have been tracked internally by workers for some time, these can now be exposed to the DB engine easily.

Obviously if you want to do additional calculations for DGM inside the server you can't really avoid building from source.  Although it's no longer as daunting as it once was.  I published this step-by-step to getting a build environment ready a couple of weeks ago: http://poolserverj.org/documentation/guide-to-setting-up-poolserverj-in-eclipse-3-7/

I don't know a lot about DGM aside from what it stands for but if you can give a rundown on what you need to do I can probably tell you where the best place in the code would be to achieve it.  The DB API itself has an awful lot of data exposed to it.  In most cases it's a single method that needs modifying.
legendary
Ok folks, by popular demand, I have enabled the option to covert NMC to BTC.  Conversion happens at the lower of daily rate or last sale. For example, if the last sale of NMC was for .075 BTC per NMC and the daily average was .079, you would convert NMC to BTC at the .075 rate.

With this option, it allows you to effectively take your NMC payouts as NMC, BTC or Paypal.

Paypal fees have been reduced from 10% to 7.5%!  

Skyrim is released today and I can't find anyone to sell me a copy for BTC!  Arrgh... and no, I don't want a region locked copy that I have to use a VPN to play.  Just want a normal steam key or something!
legendary
Sounds reasonable shads.  Thanks for clearing some things up. 

My biggest hurdle with PSJ right now is that it has no support for non-static SQL schemas... not that my schema is dynamic, but it is not a pushpool schema either (and of course not the PSJ schema).  I have lots of internal tricks going on inside the getwork server to handle DGM and I would have to make those same changes to PSJ it would seem... I would really like like to be able to make changes to the SQL without having to muck about in the PSJ sourcecode... that is honestly the biggest issue that is stopping me from trialing PSJ.

Jump to: