Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 170. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Oh well - I guess that explains it then.
I'll ignore PayPal Tongue

Going to BTC then TradeHill then exchange then a transfer to my bank account (even being AUD) is a total of about 1.1%
legendary
Activity: 1260
PP Payout fees are proportional to what I have to pay.  You do not incur a fees when you receive money from the payout, the pool pays that fee.  Where are you getting your information that the recipient is paying a fee as well?

But in either case, if you've never dealt with Paypal then you don't understand the hassle that dealing with Paypal is.  Once you have, you'll understand why the fees are so high.  Incur a huge risk that they will arbitrarily decide to freeze my assets for no particular reason, other than they feel like it that day (I'm not kidding, Google it).  You also need to take into account the fees associated with the money exchangers that would convert your BTC back to USD (or whatever currency you prefer) if you were to take the payout option in BTC.  The fee comes out to be pretty close percentage wise... and those are the things _I_ have to do instead of you, so any additional covers my hassle and expenses.  However, if you're wondering, my total "Profit" for PP payouts since the pool started is just over $100, in a little over 6 months... and that was with the fee at 10%, not 7.5%.  So yeah if 7.5% is too high for you, I would seriously recommend just taking it in BTC and converting it yourself to save some cash.

I moved over from YourBTC about 2 days ago. So far I like this pool (except for the site design maybe   ) but I just noticed that the EU server is located in the US (Kansas?). Is this just temporary?

The EU server was unstable and taken offline and traffic redirected to the US server.  I have been unable to locate a reliable hosting service in the EU that doesn't charge a ridiculous amount of money for a basic box... it's pretty depressing actually.  There was one person on these forums that I had a deal in the works with several weeks ago, but I haven't heard from him since our last communication so it looks like that has fallen through.  I'm still searching and if you know of anyone providing that type of service for a reasonable amount of money (or even better, would take payment in BTC) I am all ears.

legendary
EclipseMC pool reach 194.17 GH/s!!

ihhihiih!
legendary
Just wondering why the PayPal payout is a 7.5% fee?
That seems VERY high.

Not only 7.5% but also the recipient loses PayPal fees on top of that also.
(something like 30c to 50c + 2.4% to 3.4%)

Basically it all adds up to around 10% (or more) in fees.
That seems ridiculously high ...

What other pool offers this service? Personally I would not use it as I hate paypal but I'm sure there is some demand. Do you know you are able to use the pool with out taking part in this service? I've never used it and things work just fine.
Hmm that's an interesting way to word it.
Monopoly means high prices?
legendary
Just wondering why the PayPal payout is a 7.5% fee?
That seems VERY high.

Not only 7.5% but also the recipient loses PayPal fees on top of that also.
(something like 30c to 50c + 2.4% to 3.4%)

Basically it all adds up to around 10% (or more) in fees.
That seems ridiculously high ...
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
I moved over from YourBTC about 2 days ago. So far I like this pool (except for the site design maybe  Wink ) but I just noticed that the EU server is located in the US (Kansas?). Is this just temporary?
legendary
157001 too!! AWESOME!!

Pool reach 180GHash!!

Come on guys! This pool is the best!!

Cheers!
Thiago
legendary
We just solved block number 157,000!  Kinda cool having such an even number block. Smiley

Anyway - I made some changes to the way payout buttons are displayed and added a confirmation for cashout.  What does everyone think of these changes?  Does it address the problems or do I need to do more?

Previously, the payout buttons did not show up if you did not have a balance, making the cashout button the only available button.  I can see where that might be confusing.  Now, instead, the payout buttons for both NMC and BTC show up all the time, but they are greyed out if you do not have a balance (and they are non-clickable).  I've also added tool tips to a couple areas that did not have tool tips before.

Activity: 73
Merit: 0
I'm not aware of any problematic reject rate.  I usually average about .6% on my miners and I've not heard anyone else having a higher than normal reject rate?

What's your percentage?

I'll test again soon. Maybe there was a disconnect during the night.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 250
PANIC - on the EU server normally and whilst the dashboard says I'm in my usual 3rd or 4th place (3rd behind Inaba at the moment) - none of my machines are able to connect.

Has something changed, or is this a DoS attack?
legendary
I'm not aware of any problematic reject rate.  I usually average about .6% on my miners and I've not heard anyone else having a higher than normal reject rate?

What's your percentage?
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
I'm going to use your excellent pool as a main one soon Wink It has all the features I need. Thanks! But why is the reject rate so high? In fact I get utility about 20.60 shares per minute in comparison to 21.40 when using yourbtc.net.
legendary
Yeah, people are using it.  Not a gold rush or anything, but one or two a day I'd say. 

I agree, the placement is not optimal. I will redesign that whole area this weekend and move payment buttons to more optimal positions.
legendary
Anyone have suggestions on wording to make it as clear as possible?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
Hi Freshzive, welcome! 

You are hovering over the cashout amount.  Your balance is actually labeled "Confirmed BTC" on the left.  The cashout amount is the total amount you would receive if you cashed out your score and unconfirmed BTC right away, without waiting for them to mature.

When you have a balance in confirmed BTC (or confirmed NMC) payout buttons will appear - that type of "regular" payout does not have a fee, except in the case of a Paypal payout, which is a 7.5% fee.
Maybe you should explain more clearly in the tooltip what the cashout feature is, especially that it is a special feature not used ordinarily.
legendary
Hi Freshzive, welcome! 

You are hovering over the cashout amount.  Your balance is actually labeled "Confirmed BTC" on the left.  The cashout amount is the total amount you would receive if you cashed out your score and unconfirmed BTC right away, without waiting for them to mature.

When you have a balance in confirmed BTC (or confirmed NMC) payout buttons will appear - that type of "regular" payout does not have a fee, except in the case of a Paypal payout, which is a 7.5% fee.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Switching to EMC from YourBTC since it is going down. I'm wondering why when I hover over my balance it says "a 10% fee has already been deducted from this amount)? Is this not a 0 fee pool?

Sorry for the newbie question.
legendary
Yeah, pool crashed last night.  I think it may have something to do with the changes I made to the getwork server to accommodate some of the BFL testing. 

It's back up now (been up for about an hour and a half).  I have it in debugging mode so I should be able to catch the crash error this time and fix it. 
legendary
I switch to BTCGuild but, it is weird... Too much "Pool 0 communication failure, caching submissions"...
Jump to: