Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 35. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I'm not really sure what you mean.  How is it any less or more useful than before?
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
"My Shares" column in block history is displaying the amount of shares submitted, which is not very useful when using vardiff. It should be changed to show the combined difficulty of those shares.
legendary
Yeah, US1 was down.  I really need to move that server.  It should be back up now.
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Seconded the thought US1 is down.
Activity: 566
I think US1 is down...
legendary
Ok... US2 should be catching up now.  I am going to pull that server and try to figure out what's wrong with it.  I suspect a bad stick of memory at this point.

I have been waiting to get a new US1 server installed as well as bringing back EU and PACRIM... I will try to make that a priority this week.

-EDIT-

*BANGS HEAD* ... the server tech just took the wrong server offline.  It will be back up shortly.
Activity: 816
us2, they are connecting fine now but stats are not updating.  It shows last activity of 12hrs.  

edit: switched to us3 and stats updated.
legendary
One of my machines is mining stratum on US3 with no problems.  What server are you on?
Activity: 816
Anyone else having trouble connecting to stratum this morning?  I noticed none of my miners were connected and they all switched to the backup pool.  Any ideas?
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
Try the latest version of CGMiner (or BFGMiner) and let me know if you're still getting stales.  Use US2 or US3 as well, since those are closer to your boxes than US1 is.

As far as NMC goes, Namecoin is falling apart... it's going to be disabled soon.  If you look at the Namecoin list, they are almost all showing up as invalid.  The whole Namecoin protocol for merged mining is a shambles and it's more trouble than it's worth.

I've updated cgminer, just to find that a new version came out, so I need to update again =)). Now it seems to run smooth, rejects are at usual level. Its sad to hear that nmc is falling apart. They could've used it for website certification, digital documents signing and just the obvious ID verification. But as we know, some of these can be provided by bitcoin. Its strange that your pool has lots of invalids for nmc, as bitminter doesn't. But bitminter experiences regular namecoind crashes, which affect bitcoin mining.
legendary
Try the latest version of CGMiner (or BFGMiner) and let me know if you're still getting stales.  Use US2 or US3 as well, since those are closer to your boxes than US1 is.

As far as NMC goes, Namecoin is falling apart... it's going to be disabled soon.  If you look at the Namecoin list, they are almost all showing up as invalid.  The whole Namecoin protocol for merged mining is a shambles and it's more trouble than it's worth.
Actually not, its 2.9.4.  I think I need to update  Grin. Also, I've noticed that I'm not getting nmc anymore.
legendary
BlackPrapor, are you running an up to date cgminer or bfgminer?
Not me! Stratum works great. Under .02% rejects usually.

Last night I had an issue. I assumed because Bitpenny(4) (my backup backup backup) kept working that my 4 pools before it had all failed. All but one marked dead. The not dead one was not actually working for me. I think there might be a slight issue still but Con will fix it I have faith. Since I could post here and had some dynamic data working I Assumed (bad idea) that Eclipse was the problem as hashpower(0) comes and goes, US1(1) was marked alive but 3s hashrate was pinned at 0 and my Single was quiet. US2(2), US3(3) are marked dead. Had been alive earlier and have used them as backups. Cgminer switched from hashpower to US1 earlier US1 had an issue (remote failure), switched to US2 and shortly after remote failure, Switched to US3 and next thing was remote failure. Bitpenny marked not providing work fast enough did eventually get marked dead I am sure. US3 GBT was also marked dead its pool 5 and I try to use it as a LP source for bitpenny.

Normally 100% of my connctions work part of the day, 80% of them work nearly 100% of the time. It isn't that Eclipse is a bad pool. It isn't. Inaba keeps it up very nearly 100% of the time. I have never had anything over 10% rejects at eclipse I don't belive. Then again at 10% give or take cgminer marks the pool as rejecting and moves on to someone else for a while. This should remove the overloaded condition that usually causes higher rejects.

Possibly your rejects are because of variable difficulty? Check your logs for share blah blah blah (below target). If it says below target difficulty jumped up on you and you are submitting work that is too low. You get paid for anything above the target so assuming you spent some time at 2 you would have some rejects from any diff 1 shares you send in but any accepted 2diff shares are paid 2x as much. Assuming in that you on average every other work unit get a solution of 2diff you will get paid 2x for 2x work but any sub 2x is rejected.
I just switched to EMC, I found that I'm getting around 30-35% rejects  Shocked, and switched to stratum, but it looks like people are having issues with stratum as well.
Isn't the issue. Run http://us2.eclipsemc.com:3333 as backup pools work stratum just fine every time.

Have run for at least a week no dead pools. Last night DEAD. Earlier yesterday not dead but alive. Lost shares on stratum disconnect on US1, US2, US3 stratum. I know how to get it to work and use stratum just fine in conf file.

Issue wasn't cgminer. Issue seems to be unexplained network failure. Some data went from here out just fine. Bitpenny kept working so I know it didn't fail completely. I could post that I had dead pools on BCT so not 100% failed. But no shares to EMC. No email on wifi to my phone though and I should have checked router logs earlier. Had duplicate IP address issue listed. Not sure if I should have had a new IP and the DHCP didn't show up or what but that seems to have been the problem.
legendary
I did some testing Askit2 - the servers are working, it's CGMiner that can't see them for some reason.

If you start CGMiner pointed at one of the pools as a stratum pool, it will work fine.  But if you have a Stratum port as a backup or add a pool, it will show as dead.  I have a post in the CGMiner thread about this... but if you want to mine on a particular EMC pool, start cgminer pointing at that pool with stratum and it should work.

Pretty strange error actually.
US2, US3 Stratum marked down on on CGMiner started 30 mins ago. US1 marked up Stratum but not getting any work done and submitted. Hopefully its just me.

GBT on US3 also dead on CGMiner.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
dafq is goin on
scantime is on default 60, and expiry on 120. ill try expire 90. It does not happen often though, lets see.
Usually I can trace it to a passthrough or scan time being too high.
Try scan time of 90 and they should dissappear.
Pages:
Jump to: