Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 36. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250
dafq is goin on
Hey,

sometime cgminer 2.9.6 connected with gbt to us3 gives me rejected shares (unknown-work) in the middle of the block. i have about 180 rejects and 11000 accepted. its not happening often, but it happens.

Anyone else have that problem? (was too lazy to try stratum)

[2012-12-05 16:36:17] Accepted 0160d6ab Diff 185/1 GPU 0 pool 1
 [2012-12-05 16:36:22] Accepted 3afb19dd Diff 4/1 ICA 0 pool 1
 [2012-12-05 16:36:24] Accepted 7421cc8b Diff 2/1 GPU 0 pool 1
 [2012-12-05 16:36:33] Rejected 658bcde8 Diff 2/1 ICA 0 pool 1 (unknown-work)
 [2012-12-05 16:36:34] Rejected 6348621c Diff 2/1 ICA 0 pool 1 (unknown-work)
 [2012-12-05 16:36:36] Rejected 2ae310ea Diff 5/1 ICA 0 pool 1 (unknown-work)
 [2012-12-05 16:36:44] Accepted c2c8db07 Diff 1/1 GPU 0 pool 1
 [2012-12-05 16:36:47] Accepted 69aaa620 Diff 2/1 ICA 0 pool 1
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
I just started us1 on port 3333 (stratum) on my 2.8GH/s Miner and it was using on average 75-150mb per hour!!!

I've got the latest BFGminer and burning on 4x 5970s

What the shit?!?
When luke-jr took stratum from cgminer to his fork, he added code to it to grab all the transactions the way GBT does at regular intervals, but to grab them even more frequently than GBT does, which of course will make it look like it uses more bandwidth than GBT. The way he "analyses" the data coming from the transactions is pretty much useless so does not really serve as any kind of meaningful audit to make sure a pool is misbehaving as a way to prevent the dangers of centralised pools to bitcoin. Since all that transaction grabbing just wastes bandwidth for no useful purpose, cgminer does no such thing. Try cgminer and compare your bandwidth usage.

Fuck me sideways, you're right!

I'm only using 50-400 bytes a second!

NICE ONE, BROTHER
What's a git master?

GITMASTER - Somebody responsible for a band of retards

Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Try cgminer and compare your bandwidth usage.

Or use --skip-security-checks (and set some high number there) in bfgminer. This is probably available only in git master.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Kano's just trolling, as usual.

LP and GBT take up significantly more bandwidth and resources than stratum.  Why would anyone NOT want to use stratum, aside from personal aka non logical reasons?
This simply isn't true. The only case where stratum uses noticably less bandwidth is the case where it is harmful to the Bitcoin network. Using it in a secure fashon uses about as much bandwidth as GBT. On the other hand, GBT is far more miner-friendly in general, since it allows miners more control over the blocks they are mining.

Where is this software? How do I have "more control over the blocks I am mining".

And explain how I can see the big red flag showing me I'm getting ripped off by the evil pool operators.

Please tell me Luke, because I would really like to use it to control the blocks I'm mining.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I just started us1 on port 3333 (stratum) on my 2.8GH/s Miner and it was using on average 75-150mb per hour!!!

What the shit?!?
When luke-jr took stratum from cgminer to his fork, he added code to it to grab all the transactions the way GBT does at regular intervals, but to grab them even more frequently than GBT does, which of course will make it look like it uses more bandwidth than GBT. The way he "analyses" the data coming from the transactions is pretty much useless so does not really serve as any kind of meaningful audit to make sure a pool is misbehaving as a way to prevent the dangers of centralised pools to bitcoin. Since all that transaction grabbing just wastes bandwidth for no useful purpose, cgminer does no such thing. Try cgminer and compare your bandwidth usage.

What the shit?!?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

LP and GBT take up significantly more bandwidth and resources than stratum.  Why would anyone NOT want to use stratum, aside from personal aka non logical reasons?
This simply isn't true. The only case where stratum uses noticably more bandwidth is the case where it is harmful to the Bitcoin network. Using it in a secure fashon uses about as much bandwidth as GBT. On the other hand, GBT is far more miner-friendly in general, since it allows miners more control over the blocks they are mining.
When vehemently gnashing your teeth while typing - firstly get the words right so that your argument makes sense.
Read what you wrote again Smiley

(oh I see you settled down a bit and fixed it ... the above is what you originally typed Tongue)

Anyway, there is no implementation of GBT ANYWHERE that allows anyone to choose what transactions they want.

All Mr. Confused above is gnashing his teeth about, is that he wants the pool to send his miner a copy of every transaction it is using every time it gets work.

Stratum resolves this silly need by sending the side slice of the merkle tree instead of every transaction.
The Stratum definition allows the miner to request the full set of transactions also so that the mining software can feel all warm and fuzzy about throwing away that information before the person mining gets to read it all ...
cgminer doesn't implement a request of this VERY large waste of time.

Mr Confused put up a pull request to cgminer to get it to ask for the list of transactions more often than even GBT does.
Then he even confused himself even more by naming the fields using tonal names to attempt to hide the time frames.
So yeah when people do stupid things like that, they get ignored.

It's all a big hoax saying that if the miner gets the list of transactions, suddenly a pool is decentralised.
That, of course, is false.
Any non peer-to-peer pool is of course centralised -> you know - that pool thing you all talk to in the centre of it all deciding if your work is OK Tongue
Currently the only decentralised pool is p2pool.
Mr Confused, it's called ENGLISH, not tonal or something else ... ENGLISH, learn it Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002

LP and GBT take up significantly more bandwidth and resources than stratum.  Why would anyone NOT want to use stratum, aside from personal aka non logical reasons?

M

I did notice if I mined with cgminer on the GBT port, there will be occasional port failures. After moving to the stratum port 3333, I hardly see failures or rejects. I guess my internet connection in Asia side is not consistent enough.

BTW Inaba, seems that the rewards from your EMC pool are much higher for my small time 600 Mh/s rig since the last 24 hours, compared to other mining pools.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

LP and GBT take up significantly more bandwidth and resources than stratum.  Why would anyone NOT want to use stratum, aside from personal aka non logical reasons?
This simply isn't true. The only case where stratum uses noticably less bandwidth is the case where it is harmful to the Bitcoin network. Using it in a secure fashon uses about as much bandwidth as GBT. On the other hand, GBT is far more miner-friendly in general, since it allows miners more control over the blocks they are mining.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

M
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
legendary
Shouldn't you be using port 3333 if you want Stratum though?
Well - since requesting GetWork switches to GBT I just sorta thought it would be nice to switch to Stratum instead Smiley

... since the GBT spec has yet to deal with the issues that have been brought up - it seems reasonable, for now, to switch to Stratum if the miner supports it.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Shouldn't you be using port 3333 if you want Stratum though?
legendary
On port 3333 it redirects to GBT?
http://us1.eclipsemc.com:8337 switches to GBT
(you can put an x-stratum header to tell it to try Stratum first)

(sorry - by normal, I meant the http: connections, i.e. non-stratum)
legendary
I'm mining with stratum on US3 without falling back to GBT at the moment, doesn't appear to be any problems.
legendary
On port 3333 it redirects to GBT?
legendary
You need BFGMiner or the latest CGMiner and you'll need to point to port 3333... all servers SHOULD work, though mdude77 says he can only connect on US1, which is strange since all the servers run the same codebase.

At the moment if you connect to the normal connections it redirects to GBT.
Obviously by design.
Is there a reason to not redirect to Stratum first if the miner supports it?
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
The other guy with the seven in the nick said it Grin. No change so far btw but I'm happy as long us1 works (still wondering what's wrong though).
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
You need BFGMiner or the latest CGMiner and you'll need to point to port 3333... all servers SHOULD work, though mdude77 says he can only connect on US1, which is strange since all the servers run the same codebase.

Sorry, I should have said that better.

I'm not using emc atm, I'm referring to a post earlier on here that said us1 is the only one he could connect to with stratum.

M
Pages:
Jump to: