Pages:
Author

Topic: 1.55 BTC = 7.1GH/s KnCMiner Jupiter. InfiniteHash.com BETA - Miners HERE! - page 3. (Read 20505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
Do you think we will make a ROI (in fiat, in BTC most probably not)?
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Thank you very much Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Received. Thanks for excellent work Smiley
Activity: 157
Got the dividends! Glad to see everything going smoothly, keep it up. Cool
All earnings have been sent except for 3 people (Nobunaga, BGrx, & BitcoinValet whom have been contacted via PM)

Let me know if you all have any questions!

Have a good night!
Hello Everyone!
Here is the Excel file I created showing everything!
I want to be as transparent as possible.
I have uploaded the Excel file and you can download it here:

http://www.filedropper.com/round1ofpayouts1021-1104

They payments are going out soon!

It has been awesome working with you guys thus far!
I hope we continue to mine like champions!

If you all have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me or PM me on the forums.
Payouts will go out tomorrow. Everything can be double, triple or quadruple checked Smiley
-Adeel
We changed mining pools numerous times, this is because of KnC once again, if you read their forums you will see the problems their firmwares have caused.

Their website is :

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/

We've had to change from BTCGuild to Eligius because 3% was too high, then .98 won't work with Eligius, so we went back to BTCGuild. Then we got a very good offer for a different pool but I'm going to keep the name private for now.

-Adeel
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
So how are we doing? is there any wallet/account where we can track progress?

Cheers
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I said they might have a problem with variance, you were the one who stated the idea, which would mean you already did not have a problem with variance..?

I don't have a problem with variance as well as other risks simply because I never invest more than I can afford to lose in a single investment.

I never said any person mattered more or that any persons coins mattered more

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that variance matters more for the investors with 150-180 BTC. Like they have a problem with variance because they invested a big amount.

this is an open forum for discussion on what is the best course of action.

Exactly. You asked for opinions, so I expressed mine.
By the way, how about splitting the hashrate (along with income) between different pools? E.g. if a group of holders of 70 shares in total wants to switch to some other pool, you dedicate one Jupiter to them.

Also, while I agree with the DECENTRALIZED network being the MOST important issue to myself, this isn't the case for those that are simply in this for profit. This has been brought to my attention numerous times by another user and I have to take that into account though it goes against my own rationale.

It's arguable whether you have to give preference to the network support or profit of individuals in this situation. No strict agreement was made about the pool(s) at the time of investment, so formally you may choose it by on your own decision or even mine in different pools.

This is pretty much a 24 hour a day job, whenever a miner goes down, I have to wake up in the middle of the night to repair the issue. This also allows me to speak to users about what their feelings are towards certain ideas. In the end, I try to use my best judgement for any and all matters or conflicts that need resolution.

Thank you for your great job!
Baloo, others who have 150-180 BTC invested aren't as okay with variance. I agree however with keeping the network decentralized but it would be time consuming convincing Nickem and Mupartee of the switch Wink

I see what you mean but I fail to understand how amount invested makes their situation different from mine.

I often see people here on the forums arguing the opposite, like "They have a lot of coins, so they can afford to lose some, while I spend mine for living."

I said they might have a problem with variance, you were the one who stated the idea, which would mean you already did not have a problem with variance..? I never said any person mattered more or that any persons coins mattered more, this is an open forum for discussion on what is the best course of action.

Also, while I agree with the DECENTRALIZED network being the MOST important issue to myself, this isn't the case for those that are simply in this for profit. This has been brought to my attention numerous times by another user and I have to take that into account though it goes against my own rationale.

This is pretty much a 24 hour a day job, whenever a miner goes down, I have to wake up in the middle of the night to repair the issue. This also allows me to speak to users about what their feelings are towards certain ideas. In the end, I try to use my best judgement for any and all matters or conflicts that need resolution.
Well as of now, our own pool would only be ~4 TH until Mid November when it would be 6.5 TH, then January it would be around 8-12 TH/s so at the current difficulty there would be a lot of variance in our pool earnings and some may have a problem with that.

Adeel
Activity: 208
Merit: 106
I vote for having our own pool too.
Until then, why not try a pool with a good hashrate but less fees? High fees are intentional to drive people away from those pools and decentralize mining.
Baloo, others who have 150-180 BTC invested aren't as okay with variance. I agree however with keeping the network decentralized but it would be time consuming convincing Nickem and Mupartee of the switch Wink

I see what you mean but I fail to understand how amount invested makes their situation different from mine.

I often see people here on the forums arguing the opposite, like "They have a lot of coins, so they can afford to lose some, while I spend mine for living."
Our GB's jups seem to be most happy/profitable on BTC guild, that is until I get enough hashpower to put together my own pool.

Why dont we have a GB pool? All the GBs from the various people all on their own 0% fee pool... im sure we could get enough hashpower, and I can get the web hosting we need for it.

Bob, that's actually a great idea. Especially with how big our future network will be (Peta not Tera), this would save us all time and money.

Adeel
My opinion is simple. The smaller pool (as long as it mines at least 1 block per day on average), the better.

I'm OK with about 5% overall variance (which corresponds to about 1 block per day) and the main idea here is supporting decentralized network, not only caring about your income.

Mining on big pools defeats the main idea of Bitcoin - decentralization. What's the point of a decentralized payment system if more than a half of transactions are processed by 2 largest pools?! If miners keep supporting Guild with their hashrate, we can end up with renaming Bitcoin into Guildcoin.

P2Pool is the best choice as it combines decentralization and low variance. I would vote for it if KNCminer's software is compatible.

TL;DR: Big pools are evil. Keep the network decentralized.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Our GB's jups seem to be most happy/profitable on BTC guild, that is until I get enough hashpower to put together my own pool.

Why dont we have a GB pool? All the GBs from the various people all on their own 0% fee pool... im sure we could get enough hashpower, and I can get the web hosting we need for it.
My opinion is simple. The smaller pool (as long as it mines at least 1 block per day on average), the better.

I'm OK with about 5% overall variance (which corresponds to about 1 block per day) and the main idea here is supporting decentralized network, not only caring about your income.

Mining on big pools defeats the main idea of Bitcoin - decentralization. What's the point of a decentralized payment system if more than a half of transactions are processed by 2 largest pools?! If miners keep supporting Guild with their hashrate, we can end up with renaming Bitcoin into Guildcoin.

P2Pool is the best choice as it combines decentralization and low variance. I would vote for it if KNCminer's software is compatible.

TL;DR: Big pools are evil. Keep the network decentralized.
Activity: 208
Merit: 106
are you sure about that dave?
If that is true and there is some underperformance in eligius, then sure, BTCGuild.

However, why not consider other pools?
slush's pool is very stable and has a much lower fee.
pool.itzod.ru is a pool with specs very similar to eligius, but much smaller. Although if there aren't any performance issues i don't see why not move there.
Maybe others? Maybe try several until you find one with the most stable income?
Activity: 200
Im for BTC Guild.
If you add up Elgius under utilization of our hashrate and general lack of luck BTC guild still looks a bit better IMO.

Pages:
Jump to: