Pages:
Author

Topic: 1.55 BTC = 7.1GH/s KnCMiner Jupiter. InfiniteHash.com BETA - Miners HERE! - page 5. (Read 20545 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Also, as I previously stated, we have decided on BTCGuild instead of Eligius even though they charge a fee. This is because they are solving more than the amount of blocks they should, and the pool luck has stayed at or above, or around 100 since I started trying to figure out where to mine, while Eligius has gone far below 100, dropping all the way down to 43% luck, which just is unacceptable for a large mining operation. If anyone has any questions regarding this, please PM me here. Thank you.
Greetings Everyone!

First I want to make a special thanks to the people who are helping me set these miners up, including cooling, etc.

My father, my younger brother, Robin I and Chris M. Thank you so much for your time and efforts helping us getting these miners up and running as fast as humanely possible while also ensuring everything is good to go. A special thanks to everyone who spent their hard earned bitcoins just to be a part of this group buy. I know that it is hard parting with bitcoins, but other mining cooperatives like ourselves are the reason for this increase in BTC price, so thank you for helping Bitcoin grow! Hopefully the price will continue rising over the years and one day all of our efforts will be worth it. By the way, most of this message was already worked on, don't worry, I'm not taking time off from our miners. I just want to give an update on everything that we did to have the best possible scenario for our miners. I apologize that I did not take pictures of every single box, since most of them have been thrown out over time, we were supposed to have had our miners for over a month now and we pre-planned for a mid-September Shipment date as KnC had initially promised, though they also promised like 250 GH/s, so I'm fine with the extra month wait for 2 times more hashing power!

(Remember, no one was charged for any of this extra equipment)

First, we had to decide on whether we wanted to go wireless or wired with our routers for the miners. My brother and I decided on having wired units since wireless units could cause a loss of packets of information which in turn would mean a loss of shares that are mined, which basically means less bitcoins for us. For each miner we bought a brand new ethernet cord.

Next, in terms of electricity, most wires are 16 gauge wires (this is the thickness of the actual conductive material in the wire). Instead of using those, we special ordered 14 gauge wires so that more electricity could pass through the cords. This is another one of those small things, that we all decided to do, just to make sure that there are no lack of power issues. For each miner we bought it's own dedicated 14 gauge wire running into it.

Next, we needed to find a power supply that would suffice for this mining. As it turned out, our first purchase of power supplies was indicated on the KnCminer forums as being a bad choice for Jupiters (Corsair based). We instead switched to V1000's that are CoolerMaster Based and LEPA's with Gold Ratings. These will be able to supply constant electricity to the miners so they may run, without the fear of a fire, etc.

These things were all purchased and unboxed prior to the miners arriving so that when they finally did arrive, we could pretty much plug and play, or so we thought.

In the shipping from Sweden to America, first the boxes were opened by customs in Malmo Sturup, Sweden, next they made their long trip over to the Central of the United States. While in that travel, every single miner had some sort of problem associated with it. These problems were small, but almost every single internal fan was knocked off in the shipping process.

The way we have it set up is, that first, all of the fans that were knocked off during shipping, were repaired, or put back on to the units. We have it so all of the hot air is traveling in one direction, towards the front of the miners. The air conditioned air blows into the back of the miners, at which point it is heated by the internal elements that make up a KnCminer (ASIC chips, pcbs etc), this air is then pulled out utilizing a Lasko Box Fan. We decided to go with these fans because of the fact that they could be set up on the miners with more ease. The other fans we looked at would not allow for a simple contraption with a steel pipe holding the fan up at it's optimal height pulling air out of the miners.

Front of 2 KnCminers -

Back of 2 KnCminers -

Other assorted equipment -

Treadnet Switch (Don't have the boxes for the 2 routers anymore.)

20" Lasko Fan

CoolerMaster V1000 and LEPA 1000 Gold Power Supplies (Don't have many of these boxes, but found 6-7 of them for photos)

100ft ethernet cables

25ft ethernet cables

Sorry if I double e-mail some people. I also refunded some people that bought shares and am going to have to go through and make sure that those people don't try to pull a fast one on me and get paid for something they asked for a refund for in the first place.
According to what I was told by KnC, they have made it relatively impossible to overclock using their GUI. I can try to get some coders on it, though, if the chips burn out at a higher rate, I think KnC would not replace them, which would be bad news for us. ;/
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
TheHun,

They are set for pickup at 8:00AM our time, because of the waste of time associated with UPS driving only 30 minutes in 6-8 hours, they don't seem to understand that time is money apparently, and didn't with my 27 phone calls to 1800-PICK-UPS. So right now I'm just sitting here anxiously awake, awaiting 7:15AM so I can drive over there Smiley. I will post pictures of their hashing rate today, if they don't produce at least 500 GH/s I'll be really pissed because some of the people on KnCminer's forums have been getting 420-480 GH/s... and that doesn't fly. Anyway, at least they're in state.

-Adeel

I guess the guys at UPS don't understand the math behind Bitcoin Smiley

Anyway, thanks, that's good news. Regarding hashrate, do you think it is possible/worth overclocking? What is the risk/reward ratio in doing so?
TheHun,

They are set for pickup at 8:00AM our time, because of the waste of time associated with UPS driving only 30 minutes in 6-8 hours, they don't seem to understand that time is money apparently, and didn't with my 27 phone calls to 1800-PICK-UPS. So right now I'm just sitting here anxiously awake, awaiting 7:15AM so I can drive over there Smiley. I will post pictures of their hashing rate today, if they don't produce at least 500 GH/s I'll be really pissed because some of the people on KnCminer's forums have been getting 420-480 GH/s... and that doesn't fly. Anyway, at least they're in state.

-Adeel
legendary
So... are we mining?
I am curious.  

70 shares per machine / 400GH (estimated hash rate at time of order) = 5.7 GH a share

Jupiters have been upgraded to 550GH so now it would be 7.85 GH / share

Am I correct on this?, or are you going to pocket that extra hash power?

First of all, why the hell would I pocket the extra hash power? Do I seem like some scumbag?

Secondly, as I just noticed, at June 26th when we paid for our miners, we ended paying about 70 USD/BTC not even 90/BTC like I charged everyone here... So instead of even ASKING for the extra money. I've just been letting it slide. I run a BUSINESS, and I TOOK THE BIGGEST RISK HERE.
I got in touch with who I needed to at KnC. Everything is good to go! Thank you to everyone in this group buy for helping make this all possible for each other! We have finally reached the end of our journey, and the beginning of a new one Smiley! I want to make a running list of all shares and receiving addresses so that we can make sure that everything is up to date. Also, I would appreciate it if I could have everyone's e-mail who has participated in this group-buy. Don't worry, I have your userid's and receiving addresses' already but I would also like to have your e-mail addresses in case bitcointalk goes down again or something? I would just feel safer having another way to contact every single person involved in the group buy.

Thank you for your time and considerations,

Adeel
Got through to KnC, and I usually speak to Andreas Kennemar. Was told they have been shipped, but because of the fact that I bought so many more than this group buy, they got held in Malmo, Sweden. We should be in business by Monday in my assumptions. I have stayed up late nights because like I said previously, I spent a lot more of my own money than the group buys to make sure we get our products.

-Adeel
legendary
Adeel,

thanks for checking in. Have you tried contacting Bitcoinorama, the spokesperson of KnC (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitcoinorama-104810) ? Maybe on his thread so you make sure he answers?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
I have directly communicated with everyone who has e-mailed me. I did not check the forums since there were no updates to make. I have been staying up until 2am for KnC to quit screwing us, and am doing the same tonight. Damiano, how much of a discount are we talking here because I can buy your shares if you want.

-Adeel

How's 5.40BTC sound ?

.80BTC discount which is still a bit over $100.000 usd

Edit:  I'm pulling or trying to pull out of all group buys (I got sweet deal on a baby jet with nov delivery) need to recover what I can right now
I have directly communicated with everyone who has e-mailed me. I did not check the forums since there were no updates to make. I have been staying up until 2am for KnC to quit screwing us, and am doing the same tonight. Damiano, how much of a discount are we talking here because I can buy your shares if you want.

-Adeel
Activity: 219
Jesus Christ. I am very sorry that I work very hard to make sure the rest of our operation is up to snuff. By the way, our order numbers are 1800+ and according to KnC's site, they are up to order #700 currently. I am awaiting shipment more than anyone on these forums because I spent tens of thousands of dollars, and not just on the systems. I am not some scam artist, but I do apologize that I haven't gotten on the forums since KnC's been making me stay up until 2am to get on the phone with them, then they don't even bother answering. (This has happened multiple times). I will call them again tonight. I sent customer service a letter.

-Adeel

Direct communication and activity would of solved a lot of peoples fears

Now you get it
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
If anyone wants to pick up shares of this GB at a discount let me know.  I have 4 and am in need of btc badly

My loss your gain

Activity: 200
Hey Adeel,

Good to see you back,
From what I read people who complain get there orders shipped faster Smiley

Try here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065.340

Good luck and keep us posted

Jesus Christ. I am very sorry that I work very hard to make sure the rest of our operation is up to snuff. By the way, our order numbers are 1800+ and according to KnC's site, they are up to order #700 currently. I am awaiting shipment more than anyone on these forums because I spent tens of thousands of dollars, and not just on the systems. I am not some scam artist, but I do apologize that I haven't gotten on the forums since KnC's been making me stay up until 2am to get on the phone with them, then they don't even bother answering. (This has happened multiple times). I will call them again tonight. I sent customer service a letter.

-Adeel
Activity: 219
Those order numbers should have shipped by now

legendary
I have written a message to mupartee who at the time said he was in contact with Adeel, but he hasn't logged in since 29/09 so I probably just wasted my time...
Activity: 200

Seems like KnC is shipping order numbers in  the low 2000's so order # 26-27 should have been shipped already and the other 2 should be shipping this week.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065.340

Would be nice to get an update soon.
Pages:
Jump to: