Pages:
Author

Topic: 1.55 BTC = 7.1GH/s KnCMiner Jupiter. InfiniteHash.com BETA - Miners HERE! - page 4. (Read 20505 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
I wanted to know what everyone's opinions are based on Eligius vs BTCGuild.

Pros to BTCGuild:
Access to Excel print out which is easily legible
Our network mines at around 4.2 TH/s
Find blocks more consistently as they are at 900 TH/s (network rate)

Cons to BTCGuild:
3% of all of our BTC is going into BTCGuild's wallet as their fee.

Pros to Eligius:
No fee taken out of of our BTC

Cons:
A lot more variance than BTCGuild, so sometimes long periods of time go by where a block is not found.
Our network hashrate is somehow 4.0 TH/s (.2 TH/s or 200 GH/s slower)
Finds blocks inconsistently as the network hashrate is ~390 TH/s (network rate)

I would like thoughts and opinions on the matter as we are all in this together,

-Adeel
Their money will remain untouched in a wallet but it bothers me that it even has to come to this, wish they cared about their initial investment enough to just message me once more to confirm that they're alive.

-Adeel
Yes, they are performing...decent enough, however it wasn't good enough for us to remain on BTCguild with their 3% share, so I'm now going to move them all over to Eligius, as their network has grown substantially since we got our miners and their pool luck has increased drastically. We are waiting for 2 weeks from Friday to send initial payouts, because I still have many people who have not bothered to send me their e-mail address, so we will give them an extra ~4 days of time to get in touch with me.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Any news on earnings/payouts?
There is a 3-9 hour warm-up period when we install new firmware where the miner will produce lower hashrates at the pool level until it has acclimated itself.

Not sure why this happens, but it happens to everyone with a kncminer, as shown here http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/10016-97-firmware-feedback  

We will continually be checking but at this point, some systems got no gains, while others did gain performance 5-10 GH/s.

I will keep you guys posted.

-Adeel

Just read another KnC group buy where the group buy runner kept the hashrate at the rate that KnC supplied from their end, when he made the purchase. "[REOPENED]KnCMiner Saturn 1.7BTC=6.25GHs | 2/2 Shares Rig Arriving Tomorrow". Really pisses me off that people do this kinda crap. We had an initial reading of only 5 GH/s, then KnC claimed faster speeds, we once again moved up to 5.77 GH/s, then KnC claimed faster speeds again, but instead of updating it again at this point, we already were waiting for our boxes to arrive and wanted to know what the hashrate would be to the pool that we joined etc. Now that we have figured that number out, we once again gave a new rate of 7.1 GH/s per share, while other group buys still have the initial speed. Sad. I don't think this is a huge scam compared to the others I have read about, but every "dollar" (bitcoin) matters and to screw people out of even small amounts is just uncool. Especially when I think that some of these people may be like my mother and not have too much technical understanding of bitcoin and it's intricate processes.

Anyway, I'm working on some stuff for the miners today. I will have updates when possible. Trying to improve airflow quality even further so we can try to squeeze the maximum possible out of these babies. Smiley

-Adeel
By the way, restarting the miners means downtime, and we don't like downtime because thats' lost money early in the miners life where it creates the most profitability.
Nope, I was trying to figure out what we should do though, stick to .96, or have to restart the miners for .97. They are not giving us many issues at this point because we have a really cool set-up that most other miners don't (not being arrogant just saying my dad is one hell of an engineer, i wasnt even smart enough to think of it! ;P) so i don't know if we should switch this moment. I am going to wait and read reviews on the 97 firmware first.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I'm sure you watch the updates but just in case you missed it: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-56
Obviously other times they hit blocks faster, but with BTCGuild, on average, they hit a block every 30-40 minutes. Plus we're on their VIP server so in the event they get DDOS'ed, the VIP server won't go down so these puppies should never stop mining! Smiley

Also, BTCGuild spits out excel files of our earnings so we can prove we aren't shafting anyone. This is the most important thing to me because I have seen how other people have gotten screwed by bitcointalk groupbuys constantly and I feel as though if this currency is going to keep growing, we need more honest people doing honest hard work that is verifiable as opposed to people who continually are scheming on how to make a quick "coin" and robbing honest hardworking individuals.
Oh, that works. Awesome.

Thanks to you and your family and friends for their efforts. Smiley

Thank you soapmodem. Since they never get on the forums I will extend your thanks to them Smiley
Awesome to see a fellow host succeed Smiley

Thanks you Bob, congratulations to your groupbuy as well! Smiley
Adeel + family and friends have a big job setting up everything and finding creative solutions for broken ventilators, mis-matched wires and the likes.
As a field engineer myself I've been there. Everyone is hungry for info, me too but lets be patient.
Adeel, take your time and get our boxes tuned and humming!
Im also eager to see our first returns but let engineers set it up right first.
That said, looking forward to our first operational update soon..

Best of luck to team Adeel!

Oh we are definitely operational already Dave! Coins are being made at the moment Cheesy! We had people over so that as soon as I got home from the UPS facility, we could get straight to work. I even made my friend open a box on the ride home to see the shipping damage >Smiley. I will post more pics later tonight or tomorrow since it's my parents anniversary today.

Adeel
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Awesome to see a fellow host succeed Smiley
Activity: 157
Obviously other times they hit blocks faster, but with BTCGuild, on average, they hit a block every 30-40 minutes. Plus we're on their VIP server so in the event they get DDOS'ed, the VIP server won't go down so these puppies should never stop mining! Smiley

Also, BTCGuild spits out excel files of our earnings so we can prove we aren't shafting anyone. This is the most important thing to me because I have seen how other people have gotten screwed by bitcointalk groupbuys constantly and I feel as though if this currency is going to keep growing, we need more honest people doing honest hard work that is verifiable as opposed to people who continually are scheming on how to make a quick "coin" and robbing honest hardworking individuals.
Oh, that works. Awesome.

Thanks to you and your family and friends for their efforts. Smiley
Activity: 200
 Adeel + family and friends have a big job setting up everything and finding creative solutions for broken ventilators, mis-matched wires and the likes.
As a field engineer myself I've been there. Everyone is hungry for info, me too but lets be patient.
Adeel, take your time and get our boxes tuned and humming!
Im also eager to see our first returns but let engineers set it up right first.
That said, looking forward to our first operational update soon..

Best of luck to team Adeel!
Yes we are hashing, we have been since yesterday, but I left them pointed to BTC guild as they find blocks on a more consistent basis. Sometimes eligius doesn't find a block for 2-3 hours. Below are some examples:

Block Time                  Round Duration (Time it took to find last block) in HH:MM:SS
2013-10-22 08:57:53   03:02:57
2013-10-22 07:02:47   01:55:06

Activity: 157
Are we hashing?

I have 2 saturns and get nowhere near the hashrate on BTC Guild as on Eligius (480 GH/s versus 527GH/s, respectively). Also, at Eligius my Accepted Shares rate is over 90%, whereas at BTC guild it comes in at about 65%.

Eligius and Bitminter seem to be the best hashrate-wise, at least for me. P2Pool is terrible, EMC terrible. Slush's Pool and Ozcoin pretty good.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
That's great Adeel! Keep up the good work and let us know when they start hashing!
The first 2 pics are the 2 Jupiters that were set up first, I will now go back to working on certain small nuances that are necessary, if anyone needs me, PM Me.
Pages:
Jump to: