Pages:
Author

Topic: [18 GH][0% Fee] A1BITCOINPOOL.COM 20 BTC BONUS PROPORTIONAL POOL - page 3. (Read 9275 times)

donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Slush just had a 11 hour, 12 MILLION block.

We are only 5M shares away Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Decent Programmer to boot!
I've been wondering that for like a week. It should not take this long to find a block, good OR bad luck.

There is no upper limit to how long it can take to mine a block. He's at what, 7M now? Thats bad luck, but not extraordinarily so.  Assuming it is bad luck and not bad programming, thats always the worry with a new pool and a long first block.

Anyway, I dont see the point of continuing this. It would make more sense to just pay it out and switch to PPLNS asap, so perhaps people want to join without being paid 120% PPS.

True. Either way, I love this pool to death, so I'm going to roll with it. He's done a great job staying on top of things, and keeping everything running as smooth as possible. Not to mention, being a small pool, I feel I'm doing my part for the community.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Sorry we are still working on fixing the load time on the web pages.
donator
Interesting.
The front end is fixed Smiley
Activity: 518
I've been wondering that for like a week. It should not take this long to find a block, good OR bad luck.

There is no upper limit to how long it can take to mine a block. He's at what, 7M now? Thats bad luck, but not extraordinarily so.  Assuming it is bad luck and not bad programming, thats always the worry with a new pool and a long first block.

Anyway, I dont see the point of continuing this. It would make more sense to just pay it out and switch to PPLNS asap, so perhaps people want to join without being paid 120% PPS.
Slush had a 9M block not long ago... But if this one gets to 10M i would advise the pool OP to take a good look at the code.

No one take this the wrong way, but my understanding is that OP is a little inexperienced. If it hits 10M, I'll get scared.
donator
Interesting.
Slush had a 9M block not long ago... But if this one gets to 10M i would advise the pool OP to take a good look at the code.
lets hope there isnt a kink in the block finding algorithm

All shares getting recorded we are fixing the issues with the pool pages taking forever to load. Thanks for your patience.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
everything down?
Activity: 518
lets hope there isnt a kink in the block finding algorithm
Sorry guys, new pool lots of kinks to work out. 
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
I have this problem with the front end: during 10 seconds it works fine, after that a single refresh takes like 2 minutes, than it works fine for 10 seconds, another lag of 2 minutes...
Does this happen to anyone else?

I've noticed that myself. I found that it helped for a few minutes to switch to the low bandwidth version.

even then it takes 2+ minutes to get to the low bandwidth version lol
I have this problem with the front end: during 10 seconds it works fine, after that a single refresh takes like 2 minutes, than it works fine for 10 seconds, another lag of 2 minutes...

I've noticed that myself. I found that it helped for a few minutes to switch to the low bandwidth version.
My server guys is going to take a look into this tommorrow. 
donator
Interesting.
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
My apologies eckmar for some reason I thought your pool was proportional.  Thanks for the explanation.

Dude it is PPLNS, you will loose shares if you hop here, and why do you care about this pool?  aren't you mining at you own pool?  Or why would you when you are scamming you members?  Just create a proxy and hop, but tell your members, please.  Also, it doesn't seem like you know what you are doing so I would be very scared to trust you hopping for me? PM me and I will help you for a fee...

I did actually mine before I started my pool.  

OK, I am not a hater.  Just been having a crabby day.  Find a block and we are cool again!

Fix this please http://www.a1bitcoinpool.com/api.php and show your share count, hash rate and round duration in JSON.  I'll do the rest...  
My apologies eckmar for some reason I thought your pool was proportional.  Thanks for the explanation.

Dude it is PPLNS, you will loose shares if you hop here, and why do you care about this pool?  aren't you mining at you own pool?  Or why would you when you are scamming you members?  Just create a proxy and hop, but tell your members, please.  Also, it doesn't seem like you know what you are doing so I would be very scared to trust you hopping for me? PM me and I will help you for a fee...

I did actually mine before I started my pool. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
My apologies eckmar for some reason I thought your pool was proportional.  Thanks for the explanation.

Dude it is PPLNS, you will loose shares if you hop here, and why do you care about this pool?  aren't you mining at you own pool?  Or why would you when you are scamming you members?  Just create a proxy and hop, but tell your members, please.  Also, it doesn't seem like you know what you are doing so I would be very scared to trust you hopping for me? PM me and I will help you for a fee...
5:13pm Central.  Site may be down right now,  currently repairing lifetime share issue, and fixing some other stat problems.  Miners can resume mining as stats are still being logged.  Thanks.

6:50 pm Central.  Everything is back up and running.  Lifetime share are updating again.  Happy Mining. 

Pages:
Jump to: