Pages:
Author

Topic: [18 GH][0% Fee] A1BITCOINPOOL.COM 20 BTC BONUS PROPORTIONAL POOL - page 7. (Read 9275 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Sorry everyone trying to figure out what knocked the pool offline.  Working on trying to get back up.  Thanks for your patience.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
DGM is completely hop proof.  There are only two pool that have DGM.   EMC and OzCoin.  The only other one that was around closed up shop (and OzCoin is now running their software) so either you mined on EMC or on OzCoin/yourbtc.  If you mined elsewhere, you did not mine on a DGM pool.  While I can't speak for OzCoin, I can speak for EMC and the hashrate does not change at the start of a round much to speak of on EMC.  Even if it did, there is no benefit (or drawback) to hopping a DGM pool - you simply get paid a fair reward for what you put in.

Inaba, I know that your pool runs DGM, and I'm really not to familiar withat pay system,  but I have mined before at other pools that have this payment system in place and noticed that at the beginning of a round the hash rate soars and after a while slows down.  I have mined at some of these pools for a while and wasn't getting the expected return.   Could have that just been bad luck or is dgm not completely hop proof.  
Bounty rewards encourage block completion, and I think it is just a promo. Also, hopping doesn't produce rewards greater than 20%...on average, or just maybe cause I suck...

If you have an infinite number of pools to hop, you can theoretically double your rewards. IIRC hopping just one pool delivers up to ~20% better returns. That means -20% for people not hopping (assuming equal hash rate).

Pool hash rate is 18 GH, if it were all hoppers, it would be donuts, baby...  

Already most of the proofs are delivered by miners no longer mining there. ringking, 2pair, rastapool. Hoppers. Cant blame them.

legendary
There's a common misconception about the rationalization of hopping as "helping to complete a block."  The number of miners attacking a block does not change your chances of solving a block.  It's still 1 in 1.25 million or so at the current difficulty.  Whether you have 10 people or 100 people mining, your chances are still the same.  Each share has a 1 in 1.25 million chance of solving the block.

The *only* thing hoppers do, other than enriching themselves, is reduce the income of people mining past ~40%.  There is absolutely no added benefit to hoppers on a pool.  When they are there in the start of the round, if you find a block, they are like any other miner.  When they leave after ~40%, they take them them an additional profit not realized by the miners who stay.  They add no positive benefit to the pool.

Activity: 742
Merit: 503
Bounty rewards encourage block completion, and I think it is just a promo. Also, hopping doesn't produce rewards greater than 20%...on average, or just maybe cause I suck...

I think hopping is just something to do while we all watch for the pot to boil.

Pool hash rate is 18 GH, if it were all hoppers, it would be donuts, baby...  So, hoppers mix up variables so that they can help complete rounds or avoid what everyone else is doing...

Mine late and be the first to snag a share on the the new block!

Otherwise, you are right...
Im mining here with a single rig, because more pools=better IMO and so Ill help with the first block.

But Ill be honest, it makes no sense. The proportional payout is a non starter. There is a reason nearly all other pools changed to different systems.

I joined in when you were over 1.5M shares already. Now its at 1.8M and there is no way I can make a profit. Either this will be a long block and Ill lose because of it, or it will be found shortly, and Ill lose because of the proportional payout to all the "smart" miners who have already stopped mining there. I guess the best I can hope for is that the first block is found asap, minimizing my loss. Then Ill do what everyone else with a clue will do: Ill keep mining the second block until you get to a ~40% CDF.

Bounties are not changing anything here. Its not sustainable, and pool hoppers would have equal chances to win the bounty anyway, on top of improving their per share payout significantly by jumping ship at the right moment. 10BTC bonus on a 50BTC blocks is also "only" 20%. Pool hopping will gain you more than that, or put differently, the ones that dont hop risk losing more than that. You cant blame hoppers either. Or you can if you like, but its not going to change a thing.

Activity: 456
Merit: 250
This is exciting.. hope I get it! ha ha
I just increased the first block bonus to 13 BTC.  Come help us solve that first block and get a 13 BTC Bonus.  Best deal out there.   Smiley
Activity: 504
Still 10BTC there up for gabs just for finding the first block..

gogogo =)
Thanks for pointing that out,  I changed it.
Activity: 535
 I'm also not sure what you mean. Why infamous? It has a bad reputation or something?
Not sure what you mean. 
Activity: 535
 Infamous Deepbit? What's up with Deepbit?
Thanks,  hopefully we get a winner soon. 
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
ill give it a whirl!
Come mine with us, the 10 BTC prize is still up for grabs.  
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
Nobody else has complained about connection issues.  Not sure why you are having this issue.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it continues...

I can't connect, but I suppose that's cause I'm banned. derp.

Inaba, would you be nice and not give the op a hard time?  I would love to share the block with you, as well as your insight.   I am also a member of your pool...  

A1, the hash-power is needed and forgiveness is a value of mine. So as a member, I hope you let him back on.

Pool Ops - Please let the market decide where hashs should go, it will always pick the most efficient pools.  Live and let live...

Members and Pool Ops don't like to mine with jerkoffs, it is one of the 100 truths of Bitcoin. I am working on 99 more truths I learned the hardway...Wink

TNTmining failed cause the payment system changed without notice...I think the lesson was learned.
legendary
I can't connect, but I suppose that's cause I'm banned. derp.
Pages:
Jump to: