Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 25. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
With the new pics on their website anyone figure out what chips they are using? 
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Also, someone who actually cares should request thermal images of the BFL boards, similar to those shown by some...ahem...more professional FPGA entities.

See this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.710994

Well fuck, thanks Randy.  I think you may have just given me a reason to buy an IR camera that I have been wanting, but have had absolutely no reason to actually buy, for like forever.  You are costing me money you fuck.

I am expense-trolling you, Inaba. You might need a hang glider as well...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Also, someone who actually cares should request thermal images of the BFL boards, similar to those shown by some...ahem...more professional FPGA entities.

Well fuck, thanks Randy.  I think you may have just given me a reason to buy an IR camera that I have been wanting, but have had absolutely no reason to actually buy, for like forever.  You are costing me money you fuck.
Activity: 633
Merit: 500
Right now I have 800mh give or take.    When the BF arrives I'll sell my cards and I'll have 800mh.  If I didn't pre-order a BF, I'd still have 800mh.

800MH + $$$

Believe it or not, money in your pocket is worth more to you than money in mine.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722

I already have cards mining, and when the Bitforce box arrives I'll just be selling the cards and replacing them, so I'm not missing out on anything. 

Can you give me an interest-free 3-month loan?
Activity: 350
I already have cards mining, and when the Bitforce box arrives I'll just be selling the cards and replacing them, so I'm not missing out on anything.

You don't have as many cards mining as you would otherwise.

I have exactly as much hashing power as I would have otherwise.   If I wasn't replacing my cards with one of these, I wouldn't have bought any more cards.  

Right now I have 800mh give or take.    When the BF arrives I'll sell my cards and I'll have 800mh.  If I didn't pre-order a BF, I'd still have 800mh.

You can argue that I'm losing interest on that $600 if you like, I won't argue with you there Smiley   Thankfully I don't care.
rjk
1ngldh
But you could have had MOAR CARDS

EDIT: Beaten again, by michaelmclees Sad

You don't have as many cards mining as you would otherwise.
I am too lazy at the moment, but someone should do the exact math on how much return on investment has been sacrificed by a pre-order customer.  Ostensibly they could have taken the $600 bucks and purchased actually available products and earned a decent return by now.  

Whats the most hashing power someone can aquire for $600 bucks?  

I will start....
Used mobo/CPU combo:  $100
RAM:  $20  
Linux run from USB:  $10
decent PSU:  $80
Used 5970:  $325-350
Used 5770: $65

So, they could have aquired 900 MH/s, and given the low difficulty during December, I figure they could have mined 22 BTC per month.  That is 88 BTC over the time since pre-orders began.

That is one HELL of an opportunity cost.    

I already have cards mining, and when the Bitforce box arrives I'll just be selling the cards and replacing them, so I'm not missing out on anything.  I imagine some are buying these to add on to their existing equipment though, so yeah I guess they're missing out.   They've always had the option to cancel for a refund and buy something else though, so you know, diddums Smiley

Those were from someone that ordered the board, not from the manufacturer. Although it would be awesome if they had a camera and would share the pics.

I was too distracted by wanting a sweet IR camera to worry about reading the posts. Come on, now.
rjk
1ngldh

Those were from someone that ordered the board, not from the manufacturer. Although it would be awesome if they had a camera and would share the pics.
Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Maybe they actually meant "fourty-six weeks"?

I am too lazy at the moment, but someone should do the exact math on how much return on investment has been sacrificed by a pre-order customer.  Ostensibly they could have taken the $600 bucks and purchased actually available products and earned a decent return by now. 

I will start....
Used mobo/CPU combo:  $100
RAM:  $20 
Linux run from USB:  $10
decent PSU:  $80
Used 5970:  $325-350

So, they could have aquired 900 MH/s, and given the low difficulty during December, I figure they could have mined 22 BTC per month.  That is 88 BTC over the time since pre-orders began.

lol

I think we're just jealous that we don't have zero interest loans for indefinite periods.
legendary
Activity: 2044
I am too lazy at the moment, but someone should do the exact math on how much return on investment has been sacrificed by a pre-order customer.  Ostensibly they could have taken the $600 bucks and purchased actually available products and earned a decent return by now. 

I will start....
Used mobo/CPU combo:  $100
RAM:  $20 
Linux run from USB:  $10
decent PSU:  $80
Used 5970:  $325-350

So, they could have aquired 900 MH/s, and given the low difficulty during December, I figure they could have mined 22 BTC per month.  That is 88 BTC over the time since pre-orders began.

rjk
1ngldh

ahahaha....

Take home message: not only are they horrible at marketing, but they're racist to boot. Tongue

They aren't, I am. Who the fuck needs 2 weeks to switch from one year to another? That must be some epic partying.

There has been no useful content in any of your 18 posts in any threads here since you joined

The ironing is delicious.
Meanwhile - so - new images must mean they actually aren't empty boxes so they can run them and tell people results.
Again, someone must know something of what's going on at BFL - post some info - I'm sure no one signed a non disclosure agreement with BFL regarding their email ...

Here is the latest I have:

Quote from: BFL by email, 2/1/2012
We had moved the final stage of production here from Taiwan so as not to get trapped by the Chinese holiday.  We're still in production and testing.  I would say it's fair to say the Asians do it faster.  Smiley

God damn the chinese new year.

Take home message: not only are they horrible at marketing, but they're racist to boot. Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: