Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 22. (Read 146909 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hmm - sorta kills the stackable idea ...
Edit: actually the vent on the top definitely kills that idea (with the fan on the bottom)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

So yes, that's an extra fan attached to the unit underneath apparently.   Sonny said they're happy with the stability but they're erring to the side of caution and the extra fan may be removed for further production runs.

I'm OK with the second fan, can't hurt can it Cheesy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Does anybody have any info on that company and the people behind? Doesn't the company have a publicly listed director? Why the secrecy about the last name (K)? I am a bit unfamiliar with the US system, but is there no company report available online?

I apologize if this was already covered in one of the previous threads on BFL, I only read this one.

Yeah it was covered but the threads are way to long and have been trolled to hard for any sane person to read. They claim to be a company but have not given any evidence to support this. They claim to have registered online in the state of Wyoming as a company but this can not be verified. Many of their claims like being Incorporated are just flat out lies.

So it doesn't really help that the registered agent resigned a few days ago and the RA status is now listed as 'Delinquent' at the Wyoming business registry?

Pahahaha...wonder what the spin on this shit is gonna be...

How much testing is necessary?

Dunno mate.   I assume they just want to get it right.  Not sure we should be having a go at them for that.

I assume that testing should have been done before they ever advertised their product, but alas...
legendary
Activity: 2044
Does anybody have any info on that company and the people behind? Doesn't the company have a publicly listed director? Why the secrecy about the last name (K)? I am a bit unfamiliar with the US system, but is there no company report available online?

I apologize if this was already covered in one of the previous threads on BFL, I only read this one.

Yeah it was covered but the threads are way to long and have been trolled to hard for any sane person to read. They claim to be a company but have not given any evidence to support this. They claim to have registered online in the state of Wyoming as a company but this can not be verified. Many of their claims like being Incorporated are just flat out lies.

So it doesn't really help that the registered agent resigned a few days ago and the RA status is now listed as 'Delinquent' at the Wyoming business registry?

Oh boy......
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist

Activity: 489
Immersionist

Activity: 350

How much testing is necessary?

Dunno mate.   I assume they just want to get it right.  Not sure we should be having a go at them for that.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Activity: 274
If they wont to test all of them 1 by 1 by that same guy 24/7 ... :/ that could take somme

It`s quite big...comparing to Yoda Tongue

RoloTonyTickler: note the date on the posting of these photos. How much testing is necessary?

Goddamn...apparently, their assembly ninja is slow as fuck.

I believe it's referred to as "testing".   It's usually a good idea before you send out a product.   

Got your order in yet?  You must have as you're so concerned about delivery Smiley

If I wouldn't get banned for posting an animated gif of a guy masturbating in a gimp suit in response to this, it would be there.

Judging from the past four months, they aren't big into testing...

Activity: 350

I believe it's referred to as "testing".   It's usually a good idea before you send out a product.   

Got your order in yet?  You must have as you're so concerned about delivery Smiley
legendary
So what's the deal? You guys have your units yet? Tracking info? Shipping date, even?

The silence is rather deafening. 
So what's the deal? You guys have your units yet? Tracking info? Shipping date, even?

legendary
I am really, REALLY glad I spent my cash on a bunch of 5970's back in November rather than throw down for a bunch of the bitforce.  Those cards are now nearly paid for.  Much better choice, it retrospect.   

Activity: 266
The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame
coz it's starting to look like March is on the agenda with no solid facts about delivery 6 days into Feb already ...
sad, I am. Moving on with my paycheck expendables I have.
sleep in the wet spot I wont.  Acquiring some 6950s I am. (Rate of hashing for 2 is equal to 1 BFL single HMMMM.)
Activity: 504
coz it's starting to look like March is on the agenda with no solid facts about delivery 6 days into Feb already ...
sad, I am. Moving on with my paycheck expendables I have.
Pages:
Jump to: