Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 35. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

The only point that was about to delay the production by 1 to 2 weeks was the Chinese new year holiday!

Oh, I didn't know Chinese New Year lasted four months.

Did you order? or yr here just to S.... Y.... M... F... S..... F..... B....

So whose sock puppet are you?

Also, I have no fucking clue what your string of letters means. Feel free to insult me in long form. I have no qualms about doing the same to you.

I will explain it to you in 4 - 6 weeks
Activity: 448

The only point that was about to delay the production by 1 to 2 weeks was the Chinese new year holiday!

So whose sock puppet are you?

Also, I have no fucking clue what your string of letters means. Feel free to insult me in long form. I have no qualms about doing the same to you.

Thanks to every of you, first adopters!
You are great for us, late adopters, that will get better electronics at half the price ;-)

80% early adapters will be mining @ hash rate higher than 832 MH/s while you are waiting for better electronics at half the price! and if you decide to adapt by then you will be asked to wait for 4-6 weeks and you will pay around 20% more on top of the current price Wink

Good Luck!
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
Has anyone heard of what the warranty is for any of Butterfly Labs products??

BFL stated on the forum that it would honor a 6-month warranty and that they would update the website to that effect. They have not updated the website yet, so I'm not sure how 'official' the 6 months is.

Thanks!! That's better than the other FPGA's Smiley

I'd assume ztex to have much better warranty than that, being based in Europe. The consumer protection laws are very strong here.

(Minimum 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects EU-wide, not sure about Germany specifically. Do note, that is not the same as "if it breaks within 2 years I'll get compensation" - it has to do with the type of fault)
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Thanks to every of you, first adopters!
You are great for us, late adopters, that will get better electronics at half the price ;-)

Do you guys realize that this thread is 50 pages and a product still hasn't come out yet?

It really goes a long way in explaining the gossipy, jumpy and judgmental community we have here.

Don't forget the first seventy-some-odd pages before the split...

I think everyone is just really excited about this new product!

Who's got their tracking info? Tomorrow was the day.

I've ordered 2 devices 4 weeks ago and expect to get my tracking info in 2 weeks!

Why do you expect this? Do you know somethings most of us do not?

Edit: Please do not tell me it is because of the "4 to 6 weeks" listed on the website:(

Maybe cause I've been emailing Sonny almost everyday during the last couple of weeks. Sonny answered all my questions with full details. Yes I expect my tracking info in 2 weeks from now. The only thing that am not sure of is the final hash rate! will it remain 832 or will jump to 1.05 MH/s? this will be clarified next week but if it jumps to 1.05 MH/s the price will then get higher to be 699 USD!

The only point that was about to delay the production by 1 to 2 weeks was the Chinese new year holiday! BFL managed to ship the boards to Kansas City for assembly instead of assembly in Taiwan to avoid such delay "this is more costly". And now the boards already been assembled and final result/Hash rate is expected to be announced within few days.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Give it a week or so, if still no one has one by then, then I guess there'll be reason to start asking again if it's another 4-6 weeks Tongue

I'm actually waiting on someone to get one and then kill it due to the fact that there appears to be no way to monitor the temp or the fan speed so if the fan stops or the room is too hot or (couldn't ever happen?) something else goes wrong, I'd expect they will just pack it in and die.
Then you'll have to wait another 4-6weeks? to get it replaced ... assuming they haven't use some old stock item for the FPGA as suggested earlier and they do have a ready supply of them.

But I guess as long as no one blames cgminer, well that's bad luck if they die - who cares ...

It looks like I will be required to write some damn code for these things if anyone wants the cgminer API to talk to them ... (luke didn't bother adding these to the API code - he changed everything else but ignored the API code)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Do you guys realize that this thread is 50 pages and a product still hasn't come out yet?

It really goes a long way in explaining the gossipy, jumpy and judgmental community we have here.

I've ordered 2 devices 4 weeks ago and expect to get my tracking info in 2 weeks!

Edit: Please do not tell me it is because of the "4 to 6 weeks" listed on the website:(

Try reading the thread, works wonders.

You must be new here... I posted on page one on the first thread... I know I should not feed trolls but whatever...

Seems you've forgotten how to read since then.   Try the previous page.  

Apologies if the info doesn't fuel your pointless tirade against these devices,  but I'm sure something new will come along for you to focus your time on soon.

Try reading the thread, works wonders.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Nice to see that finally in February people should be getting their products.

Hopefully BFL delivers so all the naysayers can stop. I doubt they will deliver though.

4-6 weeks anyone Grin ?

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Just had a chat to Sonny, pertinent bits:

Hi Simon,

The PCB is indeed larger.  It's now 100x100.  We've moved all the components from the bottom up to the top (saving PCB manufacture and assembly cost) and created enough space for our 2nd on board regulator.  We were at 50w.  Now we're at 120w.

The enclosure has been redesigned as well to fit.  Consequently, we were able to move up to a 92mm fan as you suggested.  That gives us more airflow with an even lower db rating of 27.  It's whisper quiet.

I should have a photo for you tomorrow (possibly tonight)....  but I may be too damned excited to remember to send it until we get past the immediate workload.  Smiley

I also asked about delivery dates:

As long as everything tests out as we expect, deliveries will begin the end of this week.

Amazing what you can find out when you simply ask, isn't it.

Ah so much good news and a possible new pic with new enclosure! I hope it looks similar to the original version. Love that brushed metal look, but I bet it cost a premium so realistically I would rather have a cheap case(that cools well of course).

Can't wait to see these guys get reviewed, then I will throw my money at them. Tongue

*lifts whiskey glass*
Cheers BFL! Screw the trolls!
rjk
1ngldh
Wonder if BFL will sell me all the old enclosures for some projects of mine Grin

heh, send them an email!
Well, previous questions as to the same have gone unanswered, but I'll be giving it another shot.
c_k
donator
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
Wonder if BFL will sell me all the old enclosures for some projects of mine Grin

heh, send them an email!
rjk
1ngldh
Goddamnit, no wonder I couldn't find this thread, it got moved to Off-Topic.

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
So it used to be 1GH @ 20w ? Now their website states 832mh @ 80w. At this rate when they deliver its 380mh @ 200w o_0

Hi Clipse, how's the weather a month ago? Smiley

Haha I just noticed the new post and decided to catchup on this. I dropped this out of my vision long ago as too-good-to-be-true Wink
So it used to be 1GH @ 20w ? Now their website states 832mh @ 80w. At this rate when they deliver its 380mh @ 200w o_0

Hi Clipse, how's the weather a month ago? Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Pages:
Jump to: