Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 37. (Read 146909 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
not sure if this had been posted yet

I saw this picture the first time. Where do you have this picture from?

I think this is the 'Rev B' board; the one with the beefed up power supply.

Aye, with all the spam, people missed it for the most part.

This board has been massively redisgned. The new one is now almost twice the mm^2 as well.
Rev A
http://butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BitForce-PCB-Side-A.jpg

Rev B
http://i.imgur.com/vrzol.jpg
So I guess the coffee mug picture will need to be re-shot also then.
Actually with a 80W usage rather than a 20W usage, I wonder if it can be put in a small box like that any more anyway.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Yeah, a FF784 package on a FF780 footprint. right.
While we're making random shit up, EP3SL70 or 110 (can't see any way to fit 120 rounds in a SL50, even 64 single-stage rounds is pushing it).
50 was my first guess. It is 500MHz, but you figure not enough room to make it work at 400+MHs?  The only reason I did not pick the obvious, bigger ones is that once you hit SL70+ they are all $1 grand+ :/

How about this one at 600MHz?
http://components.arrow.com/part/search/1.1v+fpga+stratix+iii
Activity: 504
not sure if this had been posted yet

I saw this picture the first time. Where do you have this picture from?

I think this is the 'Rev B' board; the one with the beefed up power supply.

Aye, with all the spam, people missed it for the most part.

This board has been massively redisgned. The new one is now almost twice the mm^2 as well.
Rev A

Rev B
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

The only thing BFL needs to do is deliver product as ordered.

Which they already failed massively on...

My understanding is that if anyone with an active order is not happy about how this situation is progressing, they are free to get a refund at any time ... I'm not sure what the big deal is.  Huh

Now come one, that's to logical for these trolls. They don't even have money invested in these, they're just crying for the sake of crying.

If they were selling used tires with this poor of a marketing strategy, I would still be mocking them. I am not sure anyone has money invested in 'these' because as of yet, 'these' don't exist.

Prove me wrong, BFL. I already said I'd buy one if they exist.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
So, no news from BFL?

We'll be doing a full product review in 2 weeks when they hand over a single Vladimir to test and photograph in our UK office for BitTalk Media. Look for it in the first issue of BitTalk Magazine.

Matthew
Activity: 349
So, no news from BFL?
Ahhh...off topic, my home away from home.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
This thread isn't really appropriate for hardware anyhow. Moving to offtopic.
Activity: 798

Witnessed.

Thanks for your contribution Matthew (don't feed the trolls champ).

To Randy: Fine, I concede it could be worded better (much better I guess), but as I said you picky little shit, I understand what they mean.

I imagine you've already emailed them to get it fixed up, right? 
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
Removed a bunch of off topic posts.  More posts will be removed if they are off topic.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

My understanding is that if anyone with an active order is not happy about how this situation is progressing, they are free to get a refund at any time ... I'm not sure what the big deal is.  Huh

Now come one, that's to logical for these trolls. They don't even have money invested in these, they're just crying for the sake of crying.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

+1
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

/thread
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
anyone considered that they owe you money for not delivering on time?
its not just that you didnt get the rig itself - they are actually preventing you from mining
If the chips were deliverd on time you would have had already mined quite a lot of bitcoins by now to cover the cost of the systems.
Each month of their delay in delivery of a 50GHash rig costs you 1K BTC = ~5Kusd
Each month of their delay in delivery of a 830MHash rig costs you 17BTC = ~85usd

(the 50Ghash rig looks like something that will burst into flames when you plug it in. Home electric heaters are ~1-2KWatt. this rig is 2.5Kwatt)

Let's get real. No company 'owes' you for lost income unless you have a contract with them specifically under those terms. If you don't want to tie up your money for so long, go down to the local mall or flea market, pick up some GPUs, and start mining now.

The only thing BFL needs to do is deliver product as ordered. The website 'guarantees' 4-6 weeks delivery from time of order. If it isn't already, I think it is becoming clear they will not meet that. But they seem to be willing to provide refunds at any time upon request. So, yes, I can understand this situation can be frustrating, but there's really nothing to do but wait.
Activity: 349

Nope.  They use 10^3.  It only makes sense to use binary prefixes when the base unit is 2. For example storage & memory.

If you own a 1 Ghz CPU it doesn't run at 2^30 hertz.  It runs at 10^3 hertz.  1,000,000,000 hertz
If you have a 1 Mbps connection.  It doesn't handle 2^20 bits every second.  It handles 10^2bits per second.  1,000,000 bits per second.
It you buy a 1 megapixel camera.  It doesn't have 2^20 pixels.  It has 10^2 pixels.  1,000,000
If the estimate for the Bitcoin network is 1 TH/s it isn't 2^40 hashes.  It is 10^4 hashes. 1,000,000,000,000 hashes.
I think these numbers are a little off. FYI. 10^3=1000. 10^3^2=1,000,000.

It happens...

legendary
Activity: 1162
DiabloMiner author
Internet rule #512: Do not send money to people who have numbers at the end of their user names.

:<
legendary
Activity: 1190
Internet rule #512: Do not send money to people who have numbers at the end of their user names.
Ha...120+ pages of thread and finally a mod shows up...
I already quoted and responded to that shit...

Oh, I know. I just needed to point out how little our buddy knows.

As far as your comment about not paying tax you collect to the state being illegal...yes...it's SUPER illegal, as is failing to charge sales tax and pay it to the state. Someone should call the franchise tax board of Wyoming and make sure they've got their ducks in a row. It might help settle the scam score. If they are paying their tax and operating above board, they are much more likely to actually deliver a product.

Two days, guys...
Pages:
Jump to: