Pages:
Author

Topic: - 2 Remaining - LIMITED EDITION Philosopher's Coin- CryptoImperator & Microsoul - page 8. (Read 8321 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Hi there I will update in a few hours you are right it is a little confusing.
Regards,
Matthew
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
All of the Altcoin Addresses have been funded with the minimal amount of coins. WoodCoin and WorldAidCoin are currently on hold pending an exchange.

Quick question why choose wood and worldaidcoin if there are no exchanges yet and how do you know the value without an active exchange?
legendary
Activity: 1456
I have agreed to escrow the 6BTC for this project. I will post the address once it has been funded.

Obviously this will only be 3BTC now after the update. Thanks for being escrow though.

We have 1 sale secured of #02. The rest are available. #01 will be auctioned.

Are these shipping soon? Will you ship them as people buy them? Or, all at once?
legendary
I have agreed to escrow the 6BTC for this project. I will post the address once it has been funded.

Obviously this will only be 3BTC now after the update. Thanks for being escrow though.

We have 1 sale secured of #02. The rest are available. #01 will be auctioned.
legendary
Updated Price for early buyers
legendary
All of the Altcoin Addresses have been funded with the minimal amount of coins. WoodCoin and WorldAidCoin are currently on hold pending an exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
legendary
I have discussed with Crypto Imperator and for this series (as its already been made) we will keep the 6 BTC in escrow. For future series we will be more inventive how the prizes are directly linked to the physical possession of the coin and have 3 people involved with the escrow of prize funds.
I hope this gives you more confidence regarding the prizes.
legendary
As the coins are already made with the codes open we would have to implement this in the next series of coins but what you say makes sense. For this series we could load the 6 public keys with a minimal amount of Altcoins. Then when the code has been cracked we will require the TXID and proof that the person controls the wallet that received the minimal amount of Altcoins. When this happens we could then release 6 Bitcoin from escrow to the winner who cracked the code. the winner MUST have the coin in their possession (i.e. bought it)
If this is something that would make people more at ease I am sure we can do this and when enough sales have gone through put the 6 BTC for prizes of this series into escrow with a member on here until cracked.

then for the next series we will make sure we can be more inventive as to how the prizes are restricted to the owners of the coin.

legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
Can you put the prizes into some form of escrow, rather than into the coded wallet openly accessible

Then you can have a level of control to prevent someone who hasnt bought a coin from gaining access to the prize ?

Or a 'gated access to funds', ie some kind of shared key, so that buyer with a cracked code plus the trusted escrow need to both provide a part. Escrow only providing their part to someone who has cracked the code if they are one of the buyers. (or 3 parts with Gravitate / CI having 1, and only 2 of the 3 parts being needed .... )

Obviously ... if someone who isnt a buyer openly shares the cracked code, that presents a problem. Its a stampede between the buyers to get in first ... Probably better in that instance doing a 'push' and return the stakes back to the buyers ?
legendary
It's a cool idea and I like the design, however there's a major flaw in your system.
In my opinion, the 6 BTC reward is what will draw some customers in. The fact that one customer can then post the codes online for everyone to see isn't really fair to the other 19 coin owners as they'd have had to pay to get the coins containing the codes and now their chances of getting the 6 BTC have diminished significantly. If I were you, I'd try finding a way of stopping gamut Hong like that from happening.
Not sure on what you could do about it though...

I agree with the other 2. People who buy this wouldn't do that because basically they would devalue their coin. If someone did I would not sell to them again obviously.
But after the the prizes are claimed I do expect the back of the coin to be public to prove that it was all legitimate and the 6 BTC was claimed and the private keys did contain the prizes stated. Well public as far as 90% of the codes on there. There is 10% of the code that leads to the private key of 10 BTC prize.

I just can not see anyone posting this online unless someone wants to jeopardise the project. So if anyone does they will be banned from further sales. I dont know anyone who would give away a treasure map knowing it would make them less likely to find the treasure and also devalue the value of the map itself.

I think its a good point worth mentioning but it wont happen and if it does the source of the image online will be banned from any other sales.

Well it could be someone who bought the coin who publishes it on condition that the person who manages to crack the code gives them x of the BTC.
Again, yes it is unlikely that someone would do that, but money makes people greedy and you can't rule anything out. You can be pretty sure that everyone who buys the coin will definitely show it to friends and family seeking advice on the code at the bare minimum. The fact is that the code will be shared, the only question is with who and the way of stopping it.

I understand there is some kind of risk of the codes on the back of the coin going public but the chances are tiny. Nobody would give someone else the combination (written in code) to a safe full of gold accessible only to the person who cracked it and then hope the person they gave it to will give them the agreed share of gold.  It will not happen and what strengthens this even more is by how many scams are going around and miss trust. These coins are essentially treasure maps and will be treated like so. As for putting the code public would be unimaginable. Its like the ciphers released in the levis treasure hunt. Nobody gave them away as it would make no sense at all. http://io9.com/the-most-astonishing-real-life-treasure-hunts-1181644705
I may however consider my buyers signing a specifically adapted NDA. I don’t think it is required but if it puts buyers mind at ease I can do this electronically with each sale.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
It's a cool idea and I like the design, however there's a major flaw in your system.
In my opinion, the 6 BTC reward is what will draw some customers in. The fact that one customer can then post the codes online for everyone to see isn't really fair to the other 19 coin owners as they'd have had to pay to get the coins containing the codes and now their chances of getting the 6 BTC have diminished significantly. If I were you, I'd try finding a way of stopping gamut Hong like that from happening.

I agree with the other 2. People who buy this wouldn't do that because basically they would devalue their coin. If someone did I would not sell to them again obviously.
But after the the prizes are claimed I do expect the back of the coin to be public to prove that it was all legitimate and the 6 BTC was claimed and the private keys did contain the prizes stated. Well public as far as 90% of the codes on there. There is 10% of the code that leads to the private key of 10 BTC prize.

I just can not see anyone posting this online unless someone wants to jeopardise the project. So if anyone does they will be banned from further sales. I dont know anyone who would give away a treasure map knowing it would make them less likely to find the treasure and also devalue the value of the map itself.

I think its a good point worth mentioning but it wont happen and if it does the source of the image online will be banned from any other sales.

Well it could be someone who bought the coin who publishes it on condition that the person who manages to crack the code gives them x of the BTC.
Again, yes it is unlikely that someone would do that, but money makes people greedy and you can't rule anything out. You can be pretty sure that everyone who buys the coin will definitely show it to friends and family seeking advice on the code at the bare minimum. The fact is that the code will be shared, the only question is with who and the way of stopping it.
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1280
If you are on the fence about getting this coin... just buy it!
We are collaborating with Gravitate/Microsoul to launch a unique coin, putting together the experience and knowhow from two well known and reputable coin manufacturers. This is something never done before Smiley
legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
I don't think anybody buying a coin would disclose those codes online, as they would have paid a premium price to get their "copy" of the code, and posting that publicly would only decrease their chances of being the 1 "winner."

That's just how I imagine it happening, kind of an 'everybody out for themselves treasure hunt'. Posting it publicly would greatly increase the competition of people trying to crack the code. Though there is always that one asshole who Would do that, so who knows? Wondering what gravitate and CI's thoughts on it are.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

Maybe that person should get banned from future microsoul purchases, so they can't do it again.

I would prefer that those who bought earlier like myself get rewarded with getting the coin early.  It would encourage someone to buy early and not wait until it's in stock.   There's no incentive to preorder now if everyone gets theirs at the same time.

Everyone has the same opportunity to get in early now if they want a jump on the competition.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
legendary
I do think this was a relevant question of bithalo's about the prize concept that wasn't answered, but that could have been accidentally skipped.

6. You mention that the bonus will be funded when all sales are completed.  So unless/until you sell all 20 or 30 coins, the bonus prize won't be funded?  What happens if you don't sell out?

Accidentally skipped sorry. I was going to wait until I had taken sales for all 20 coins therefore not to give people an advantage. I will say 1 Month after the coins are finished and ready for shipping that if all of the coins are not sold I will send the coins together then and fund.

But I am presuming this wont be a problem with the limited number for sale. So basically the Maximum shipping time will be 7 weeks. But obviously they could be shipped all together a lot sooner (3 weeks).
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
I do think this was a relevant question of bithalo's about the prize concept that wasn't answered, but that could have been accidentally skipped.

6. You mention that the bonus will be funded when all sales are completed.  So unless/until you sell all 20 or 30 coins, the bonus prize won't be funded?  What happens if you don't sell out?
Pages:
Jump to: