Pages:
Author

Topic: 2000-4000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - page 7. (Read 29025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 09:55:39 PM
Don't students, at nice schools, get handouts from their parents?  I'm sure plenty of students have $10 to go to a hookah lounge.

I'll have a refrigerator with bottled waters and sell them a dollar a pop ($4 for a two dozen box, $24/box, 600% profit).

Puke off a toilet?  What type of place do you think I'm running?  This place is going to be a respectable business.

I'm not even going to be serving alcohol.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
September 08, 2012, 09:54:37 PM
I don't think he is talking about serving alcoholic beverages, unless I missed it.  That makes it all a lot less complicated.  Hookah lounges have a lot of Middle Eastern/Islamic influence so booze isn't a big part of the equation there. 
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
September 08, 2012, 09:38:22 PM
You keep mentioning students as your primary demographic. Do you realize students have no buying power and will keep sipping that single Coke they ordered for 5 hours?

Do you realize how high the cost is to keep a full complement of beverages refridgerated? Because in existing bars this is a major issue.

Do you realize the costs associated with sanitary measures like wiping that puke off the walls of that toilet?

Do you realize the extent of the contracts you have fulfill to even be delivered that beverage your customers are screaming for?
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 08:40:10 PM
Carry on.
September 08, 2012, 08:38:21 PM
Obviously.

I'm glad to hear it, but no it's not obvious when you just spent pages and pages arguing against age verification in another thread for a business that this one evolved in to.
No, I didn't, I said the customer agrees to be at least 18 by purchasing.  Just like you agreed to be a certain terms when you registered here.  This is not a subject to discuss in this thread, however.

So, you aren't going to check ID at the door for the Hookah Bar just ask people to agree they are 18?  You realize their agreement does not verify anything, right?  If the police send in people to test your security you are going to be fined for not checking ID.  If you decide to carry on like that you will eventually lose your business.
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 08:37:40 PM
Obviously.

I'm glad to hear it, but no it's not obvious when you just spent pages and pages arguing against age verification in another thread for a business that this one evolved in to.
No, I didn't, I said the customer agrees to be at least 18 by purchasing.  Just like you agreed to certain terms when you registered here.  This is not a subject to discuss in this thread, however.
September 08, 2012, 08:33:17 PM
Obviously.

I'm glad to hear it, but no it's not obvious when you just spent pages and pages arguing against age verification in another thread for a business that this one evolved from.
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 08:32:14 PM
Obviously.
September 08, 2012, 08:16:58 PM
You were not planning to check ID when you were planning the illegal paraphernalia shop, will you be doing so with the bar?
I'm going to ignore you due to the fact you're continuing to spout misinformation.

You admitted everything I have said about you, no need to discuss it over again.

I have asked you a very simple yes or no question, will you check ID for your Hookah Bar business in accordance with the law?
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 07:51:04 PM
You were not planning to check ID when you were planning the illegal paraphernalia shop, will you be doing so with the bar?
I'm going to ignore you due to the fact you're continuing to spout misinformation.
September 08, 2012, 05:56:34 PM
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 05:43:57 PM
They are expensive but keep in mind cocktails are $16 each here. College town probably has more demand (less "hipsters" more "Kardashian" types here). Even going by your numbers 100+, the jump to 300 is a big one. Most small business plan on no profit the first year. Not trying to troll just some advice!
There's more hipster type people here, something I think would be beneficial to a hookah business.  I don't think this is like most small businesses, this is a unique market which I can dominate if I could get a loan.

I'm also going to go all out on promoting the hookah lounge, I'm getting people to distribute custom flyers I'll design at different colleges and I will have promotional nights to raise awareness after we open.

The numbers are simply here.  I was originally thinking of starting a smoke shop, no hookah lounge and even then I could see it generating a small profit (couple thousand a month) but with this model we can combine the two and the hookah turns out to be a more profitable business.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 08, 2012, 05:35:04 PM
They are expensive but keep in mind cocktails are $16 each here. College town probably has more demand (less "hipsters" more "Kardashian" types here). Even going by your numbers 100+, the jump to 300 is a big one. Most small business plan on no profit the first year. Not trying to troll just some advice!
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 05:27:07 PM
Huge, beautiful building, could surely guest more than 300 people.

I live in South Beach, Miami. Population ~5.5mil. Known party town. The local hookah bar is lucky to have 40 ppl on a holiday weekend. /dose of reality
They're doing something wrong.  I've been to a hookah lounge that had 100+ people on weekends till 3am.

How much did they charge?  How big/nice was the facility?  Did they have live music, like I will?  Did they have an exotic atmosphere or a beat down one?

I know someone is making $9000 in profit/month in a city near me, a city that has multiple hookah bars.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 08, 2012, 05:23:26 PM
 Huge, beautiful building, could surely guest more than 300 people.

I live in South Beach, Miami. Population ~5.5mil. Known party town. The local hookah bar is lucky to have 40 ppl on a holiday weekend. /dose of reality
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
September 08, 2012, 05:20:38 PM
[...] Except cancer is caused by a weak soul, as all sickness.  So if you have a strong soul, you're not going to get cancer from tobacco.  First guy that died probably didn't have too strong of a soul, as with all the others that followed.[...]

wow, i guess we don't need white blood cells after all.
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 05:19:30 PM
what about bankruptcy, lets say this goes all to hell. How would one get at least their initial investment back?
This is not the only business idea I have, I will use the revenue from this project to create other businesses.  The supplies put into the building would still retain much of their value, and are most of the start up cost.  I will also be pretty good at guitar at one point, this will give me place to perform and expand that venture as well.

But how, realistically, could this go bankrupt?  I don't believe it would happen.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2012, 05:16:00 PM
what about bankruptcy, lets say this goes all to hell. How would one get at least their initial investment back?
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 08, 2012, 05:09:02 PM
Not if they require you to pay $20 for a meal to smoke hookah, no.  It's not like it's illegal to smoke hookah here, or anywhere to my knowledge.

I'll do what I can to see why they stopped, but I'm sure it was just a matter of business.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2012, 05:06:10 PM
You should probably find out why that other bar doesn't sell Hookah anymore. These things happen for a reason.
Because they're primarily a restaurant, not a hookah lounge.  If I'm not mistaken it was a higher-end restaurant, the restaurant part was probably outperforming the hookah part, not many people want to pay the price for a nice meal if they just want to smoke hookah.  My environment will be better as well.
But wouldn't the hookahs bring them more custom?

If a competitor has recently pulled out of the market, you need to find out exactly why that is. 
Pages:
Jump to: