Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 1869. (Read 883180 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
October 04, 2020, 04:20:19 AM
Agree to that! as rotation needs to be more unpredictable instead of keeping the same squad where Lakers already have a counter in every rotation that coach Erick have. With combining new sets of players and allow them to play and adds some spice to their offense and defense. Let's see if how they can cope up and try to win against the dominating Lakers! Good luck

I am glad someone noticed that too.
Coach Spoelstra seems to be surprised at how the Lakers rotate their players while he was stuck using just the same players over and over again making them exhausted and now injured.
They are good players, no doubt about that but shit happens.
Now, the 2nd team is having a difficult time getting their own rhythm because it was a sudden call to play again with more minutes.

Also, I want to see Herro make more shots.
Miss or not it doesn't matter. He just needs to shoot that ball more often. He has the confidence but I think he's hesitating too.
He says "He is a bucket." but how could you get a bucket if you just keep on running, dribbling, and passing.
At least have a 20 FG attempts.
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
October 04, 2020, 01:07:31 AM
I hope that Miami will wake up for their loss. 2-0 should be enough for them to regain their confidence in court.

I hope so but honestly I'm seeing the other way around. Seeing Game 2 performance, I'm seeing no chances that their "confidence" is really there. Can't see some adjustment to other Heat players as I don't want to take the reason that the Lakers are too much them.

And now down to 0-2, I don't know what kind of inspiration should they need to get back on track. Actually, losing is fine but I'm hoping they don't give the Lakers an easy win.

Game 3 is there deciding game. If they lose it, I doubt they will be at 100% in Game 4.

Actually, what does defeat in Miami is not the strategy or in coach. I think the experience brought the Lakers team. Miami Heat is a good team but it can no longer win in Lakers if they will not give their best in the court. I see how they lack of confidence as well when it comes to taking good shot play defensively in LA. I think it is better if Celtics had the finals. However, we cannot judge it because it is too early. Miami can still have a chance to win the next games even it struggles a lot to make good shot in LA.

Hoping that they will stop LA in advancing in game 3 because like what you said, if they fail it. Victory will go to LA.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
October 04, 2020, 12:39:38 AM
I want the Heat to win. Even just 1 this Game 3. Give the fans some spark of a good game.
I know that feeling and I'm also want that to happen.

And if that happens, that wouldn't be just a mercy or give from Lakers but it's a sure and clean win from them.
Yes, we wanted to see at least a win for Miami to make the series more exciting for us. But at this point, losing game 3 again, it will be a insurmountable lead to overtake. Just imagine, Butler and Bam and this rookie sensation Herro giving Lakers a problem, it will make us fans think that they can win it all. However, it seems that Lakers are 'destine" to win this, with Kobe's blessing from above.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 03, 2020, 11:01:33 PM
I want the Heat to win. Even just 1 this Game 3. Give the fans some spark of a good game.
I know that feeling and I'm also want that to happen.

And if that happens, that wouldn't be just a mercy or give from Lakers but it's a sure and clean win from them.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
October 03, 2020, 09:38:46 PM
We would really much prefer to see a longer Finals game rather than finishing it off on Game 4 but well they had faced up a very strong team which is Lakers.

Lots of us had really expect that this would be a good fight basing on what Miami Heat did in the East conference but it seems it isnt really that effective towards in the finals.

At least they do had set their foot into the final stage and maybe on next season they would really be patching up on whats lacking on them.I already saw that this might be the end for them
if LA will win or get that game 3.
Nah, the rookie players that I am expecting to make a good chance of Miami to win the match does not really helpful or probably they need more experience in playing a championship game. It seems like that butler is the only key now to make a win against the lakers but this is not enough to make them win. Lakers had a very strong line up by height and performance. Miami are too small and can't even match the height and even their defense is too weak where many chance lakers could make a 3 point game outside. Their inside ring players too are very weak it can't match up with Howard and AD. So I guess this game will be over in game 4. Unless lakers will give them at least one game for them to win.

If you are talking about Tyler Herro, you are not alone, I was also a bit disappointment with his performance. I thought the can bring his energy and make a big impact specially from the outside. But it looks like the Lakers has scouted him, and are ready to put a good defense on him, like what Alex Caruso did in Game 1.

TBH, I am not expecting something from him.

He's been doing the best he can against great players and he's living on the epectations of the team he needs to do but let's not forget that he is still a rookie. He still need his team's support because he can't be always as impactful as he is in the past games especially this game is different than the other games, this is the finals, the pressure is there.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
October 03, 2020, 09:11:10 PM
We would really much prefer to see a longer Finals game rather than finishing it off on Game 4 but well they had faced up a very strong team which is Lakers.

Lots of us had really expect that this would be a good fight basing on what Miami Heat did in the East conference but it seems it isnt really that effective towards in the finals.

At least they do had set their foot into the final stage and maybe on next season they would really be patching up on whats lacking on them.I already saw that this might be the end for them
Nah, the rookie players that I am expecting to make a good chance of Miami to win the match does not really helpful or probably they need more experience in playing a championship game. It seems like that butler is the only key now to make a win against the lakers but this is not enough to make them win. Lakers had a very strong line up by height and performance. Miami are too small and can't even match the height and even their defense is too weak where many chance lakers could make a 3 point game outside. Their inside ring players too are very weak it can't match up with Howard and AD. So I guess this game will be over in game 4. Unless lakers will give them at least one game for them to win.

If you are talking about Tyler Herro, you are not alone, I was also a bit disappointment with his performance. I thought the can bring his energy and make a big impact specially from the outside. But it looks like the Lakers has scouted him, and are ready to put a good defense on him, like what Alex Caruso did in Game 1.

Yes, it's possible that it will be over in four games. The Lakers are complete are are use to play with small teams as well, like in the Houston series. They know Miami's vulnerabilities and Lakers exploited it, specially in the inside with AD and Howard. And Lakers couldn't ask for a better finals than this.

And according to the stats, AD and James are the first pair of Lakers who scored 30+ points in a Finals game. The last one? Kobe and Shaq in 2002 against the Nets in which the Lakers won 4-0 and win the NBA trophy that season.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
October 03, 2020, 08:26:23 PM

Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
October 03, 2020, 06:43:26 PM
I hope that Miami will wake up for their loss. 2-0 should be enough for them to regain their confidence in court.

I hope so but honestly I'm seeing the other way around. Seeing Game 2 performance, I'm seeing no chances that their "confidence" is really there. Can't see some adjustment to other Heat players as I don't want to take the reason that the Lakers are too much them.

And now down to 0-2, I don't know what kind of inspiration should they need to get back on track. Actually, losing is fine but I'm hoping they don't give the Lakers an easy win.

Game 3 is there deciding game. If they lose it, I doubt they will be at 100% in Game 4.

I can't see Miami getting back to this, Lakers is just too strong this season, a superstar team. In part of Miami, injured players makes it harder for them to win even just a single game. I want to see longer finals, but with this huge difference, I am inclining to believe that this will end in game 4 already. But still hoping a slight change if some players will already play next game, I just hope no one would push themselves to acquire another injury.

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370
October 03, 2020, 06:17:47 PM

Miami has the confidence but there is something that Lebron has and that's a good communication among his teammates, not really a fan of Bron but seeing his vids coaching his teammates during game makes me feel more confident that Lakers will get the ring this year. This is the test they they haven't seen in the East, I must agree Lakers are too much for them to handle.

Lakers might mess a game but this isn't going to be for heat, 0-2 in grand finals is so much pressure to give in Miami.

If Lakers wins in game 3 then it's all done for Miami.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
October 03, 2020, 05:49:27 PM
<...>
Yes! That's what I'm looking for as well. Me and my brother were just talking about this, actually, while watching the game earlier. He specifically said that it'd be quite boring if it would just be a 4-0 win. And I agree with him on that. Not that I don't want Lakers to win but having a close match between the two teams and reach up to Game 7 would be more exciting.
Actually, even the coach of Miami Heat, Erik Spoelstra had done his best. They still can`t defeat a dominated team. Seems like the boat is sinking in miami side. We don`t know how they can stop LBJ and Anthony Davis for being a super star in this season. Without any player who can defensively stop the aggressiveness of Anthony and LBJ, they will not win even a single game. But who knows? Every finals wanted to use in business, people will gamble more once there is an extension to the rivalries. I hope that Miami will wake up for their loss. 2-0 should be enough for them to regain their confidence in court.

Right, he has orchestrated one of the best upsets in NBA playoffs, the #1 seed Bucks and then continue their giant killing up to the NBA Finals. But they are facing a different team now, talent laden with James and Davis at the top of their game.

And then Lakers are healthy, unlike the Miami Heat who struggles without Bam and Dragic, that's a big minus on them. Regardless of the outcome, coach Erik Spoelstra gain a lot of respect from bringing this team to the NBA Finals.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
October 03, 2020, 05:05:29 PM

I can't see Miami getting back to this, Lakers is just too strong this season, a superstar team. In part of Miami, injured players makes it harder for them to win even just a single game. I want to see longer finals, but with this huge difference, I am inclining to believe that this will end in game 4 already. But still hoping a slight change if some players will already play next game, I just hope no one would push themselves to acquire another injury.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
October 03, 2020, 03:10:44 PM

Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
October 03, 2020, 12:20:13 PM
<...>
Yes! That's what I'm looking for as well. Me and my brother were just talking about this, actually, while watching the game earlier. He specifically said that it'd be quite boring if it would just be a 4-0 win. And I agree with him on that. Not that I don't want Lakers to win but having a close match between the two teams and reach up to Game 7 would be more exciting.
Actually, even the coach of Miami Heat, Erik Spoelstra had done his best. They still can`t defeat a dominated team. Seems like the boat is sinking in miami side. We don`t know how they can stop LBJ and Anthony Davis for being a super star in this season. Without any player who can defensively stop the aggressiveness of Anthony and LBJ, they will not win even a single game. But who knows? Every finals wanted to use in business, people will gamble more once there is an extension to the rivalries. I hope that Miami will wake up for their loss. 2-0 should be enough for them to regain their confidence in court.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 294
October 03, 2020, 12:12:15 PM
<...>
Activity: 2772
Merit: 634
"CoinPoker.com"
October 03, 2020, 12:05:19 PM
Honestly game was a lot more one sided than the score suggests, without Bam Adebayo there was nobody that could defend AD, not that Bam coudl stop AD neither but this was more like grown man playing against kids, whereas when Bam played AD had to play with more talent and had to be more smooth, this was just too easy for him.

Obviously game 3 will be different, Bam and Dragoic both are ready to play, they kept them out because they wanted them to have one game rest, with this rest they are going to be much better on game 3. Miami preferred to have half of dragic/bam and force them to play and instead picked the option where they lose game 2 and come back on game 3 with everyone rested and almost healed, that way they could maybe win 2 games in a row to make the series tied, the other method of playing with injury wouldn't help them at all.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
October 03, 2020, 12:01:04 PM
Now at the final quarter, 105 - 94.

There's still a chance that Heat can chase the lead with this last quarter.

Lakers won, 124-114

Without Bam and Dragic, they are still getting good offense with Butler leading the team's offense. Still, it is not enough with the performance of Lebron, AD, and Rondo. When will these two players return? Without these two they can't give that much offense on said to be one of the best defensive teamin this season, LA Lakers.
If they havent able to snatch that Game 1 with those key players then how'd you'd expect that it would be successful on Game 2? Im not underestimating their bench but you can anticipate on what would happen,

but somehow i was surprised that the did play much better than on game 1 but still having that 10 point end game lead.Some adjustment? Of course but it wasnt really enough to beat up Lakers.

Its still unlikely for Bam to play in 100% but since he do talk about being well then he might playing on the next game but they would really need to mix up another strategy if they would like to win Game 3 or else
having that 3-0 deficit will be 90% means that they would be sweep out.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
October 03, 2020, 11:08:12 AM
Great news!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/heats-bam-adebayo-plans-to-play-game-3-of-nba-finals-im-feeling-better-i-believe-ill-play/
Heat's Bam Adebayo plans to play Game 3 of NBA Finals: 'I'm feeling better. I believe I'll play'
Take Miami Heat now, they are current +9, Miami will try to win one game here, with Bam, Heat are a better team.
I'd like to take them +9 but I'm doubting that they will play the same in Game 3.
We saw that they are better right now compare to Game 1 or they just got overwhelmed by the defense of the Lakers so they created an adjustment.

Anyway this is a good news for the Heat fans. There is a high chance that they will take Game 3 but still there is a chance that they might swept especially if they don't win in this Game 3.
The best highlight of the Game 2 is when Nunn blocked A.D inside the paint face to face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8-0k_ouPS8

Even at +9 id take the lakers.  Anytime the lakers are only giving single digit points id take them.  Lebron smells blood he isn't going to let up, i expect the next 2 games the wrap the series up.  Uneventful finals, not good for the nba
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
October 03, 2020, 10:55:53 AM
Okay someone already posted about Bam going back.
That's great news.

But even with that, I hope Coach Spoelstra remains the same as he did Game 2.
It was a great rotation. But since there is no confidence for the 2nd team or they are still cold, they may still need more time to adjust.
Put Bam, give him rest, put Leonard. Then try to twist something else. Bam and Olynyk or Bam and Leonard.
That way, they won't be predictable with the plays they are trying to make.
Agree to that! as rotation needs to be more unpredictable instead of keeping the same squad where Lakers already have a counter in every rotation that coach Erick have. With combining new sets of players and allow them to play and adds some spice to their offense and defense. Let's see if how they can cope up and try to win against the dominating Lakers! Good luck
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
October 03, 2020, 10:49:31 AM
Okay someone already posted about Bam going back.
That's great news.

But even with that, I hope Coach Spoelstra remains the same as he did Game 2.
It was a great rotation. But since there is no confidence for the 2nd team or they are still cold, they may still need more time to adjust.
Put Bam, give him rest, put Leonard. Then try to twist something else. Bam and Olynyk or Bam and Leonard.
That way, they won't be predictable with the plays they are trying to make.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
October 03, 2020, 08:54:08 AM
Bam Abedayo's addition will be great in game 3 and I believe the intensity of the game will be different from game 1 and 2 since for sure major adjustment has been made provably they will give a better fight since for game 2 they truly gave a good run which not far just like what happen on game 1. I believe since Abedayo will be back for sure the bettors will likely bet for Miami for this game 3.

I am looking forward to that, Bam Abedayo and Dragic were the top scorers of the team when they had the success going to the NBA finals but good thing they have awaken the sleeping Kendrick Nunn and he has fill the absence of Dragic effectively, I just hope Nunn and Bam would have a good chemistry in game 3.

Game 1- 18 points, and Game 2 - 13 points, that's already a good contribution for the team.

Also, let us not forget the big man Kelly Olynyk who scored 24 points in game 2 from a 9/16 shooting which is 3/7 from 3 point line.

The time for adjustments are already over because this is already the NBA Finals. Miami Heat taking these injuries during this times are really saddening because everybody at least expected all teams to be healthy during this times and produce games that are nail-biters. The absence of Dragic was really significant because even though Butler was carrying the team, these supplemental players contributes a lot. Bam may change the game a little bit but as we know, the big man's of Lakers wont back down. 
Jimmy might be there but I think he's still hurting on his ankle from Game 1. Good thing that Bam may fill that position again but I think I'd stick with Kelly or put him instead on the PF position. There are still good reserve from Heat's bench I think they should let them play from time to time.
Jump to: