Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2610. (Read 899472 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
September 06, 2018, 03:56:14 PM
Here is a good trivia for everyone ever since the hand check rule was removed in 2004.

It was just Dirk Nowitzki whose position is forward/center who have won the season MVP when the rule was implemented.
After him are all guards and small forward which is only Lebron.

Steve Nash
Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Kobe

Why?
Hand check have been a great help before to keep up in front of shooters.
Before it was implemented MVP's are big men and only Jordan took a snatch out of it.

David Robinson
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone

It is also said that there have been issues with NBA regarding profits since people are getting exhausted seeing just big men taking the throne.
They also want to see new shooters.

Any comments? Is the NBA league really getting soft?

Of course NBA has evolved a lot but I'm not saying its getting soft. Perhaps coaches find ways to offset what the big Centers or Power Forwards we have seen in the past. Like D'Antoni's 7 second rule for instant, its a fast pace game and I don't think that Centers are the 'center' of that kind of plays anymore. Although as NBA fans, we really missed those days when Pistons used to dominate and intimated teams with the way they played.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
September 06, 2018, 03:39:40 PM

In my view, no.

People are just seeing things like this because they are not used to it so there's really a comparison. Back then big guys doesn't really have a good shooting percentage so obviously they will try to dominate inside. Players today are more of sharp shooters even those centers so instead of pushing inside, they will used their advantage.

Again like I said in my past post back then, we just have to wait for those players that will back the inside action that most people want during past eras.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 06, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
Here is a good trivia for everyone ever since the hand check rule was removed in 2004.

It was just Dirk Nowitzki whose position is forward/center who have won the season MVP when the rule was implemented.

Steve Nash
Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Kobe

Why?
Before it was implemented MVP's are big men and only Jordan took a snatch out of it.

David Robinson
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone

It is also said that there have been issues with NBA regarding profits since people are getting exhausted seeing just big men taking the throne.

In some aspects - maybe. But I wouldn't be so critical. The game changes towards speed attack, small-ball & 3 pointers and it's fine for me. There are some other aspects of physicality, for example Russell Westbrook and his rides towards the rim.

Let's also check the new generation of centers - DeMarcus Cousins, Joel Embidd , Deandre Ayton. Even 7 years ago we didn't have in the league so strong and agile PF/C and this also change the game a lot. The other thing is that they are much more like Hakeem than Shaq + they started shooting threes as well.

I'm really curious in which direction will league evolve in upcoming years.

Well, that is what I heard from friends. Evolution of the league. Since they want Centers and Forwards to be faster now.
But have you seen the line up of GSW and Houston when they are playing the WCF?
It is a small one. GSW didnt use McGee much and Houston is also benching Clint Capela just to tie up with the GSW team with speed.

Before it was all about Rebounds and Blocks and mostly defensive thing that will win the game.
But now it became too much with offense. I just want to see another Piston team once again. If you know what I mean.

Well it's not just the game that evolved, the players adapted and have become more well rounded. You were right about the new generation of big men who could easily run the floor or shoot like a guard. Men who physically are able to play all 5 spots. Let's see in a couple of more years how this evolution would play out and it's quite interestinf as well. Another 04 pistons would be quite hard to come by at this age
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
September 06, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

Steve Nash
Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Kobe

Why?

David Robinson
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone

In some aspects - maybe. But I wouldn't be so critical. The game changes towards speed attack, small-ball & 3 pointers and it's fine for me. There are some other aspects of physicality, for example Russell Westbrook and his rides towards the rim.

Let's also check the new generation of centers - DeMarcus Cousins, Joel Embidd , Deandre Ayton. Even 7 years ago we didn't have in the league so strong and agile PF/C and this also change the game a lot. The other thing is that they are much more like Hakeem than Shaq + they started shooting threes as well.

Well, that is what I heard from friends. Evolution of the league. Since they want Centers and Forwards to be faster now.
But have you seen the line up of GSW and Houston when they are playing the WCF?
It is a small one. GSW didnt use McGee much and Houston is also benching Clint Capela just to tie up with the GSW team with speed.

Before it was all about Rebounds and Blocks and mostly defensive thing that will win the game.
But now it became too much with offense. I just want to see another Piston team once again. If you know what I mean.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
September 06, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
I doubt its about money to chris bosh, dude is a coder himself and has insane amount of investments in startups at silicon valley and made insane returns on those investments, so he is set for life about the money deal and according to
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/chris-bosh-net-worth/ he worth around 80 million dollars which is insane amount for a person to live and he can make sure him and his family is set for generations with that kind of money, I am sure he can also get paid millions from endorsements and appearances so he will still have an income on his way if he decides to do that.
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
September 06, 2018, 09:36:07 AM

Steve Nash
Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Kobe

Why?

David Robinson
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone

September 06, 2018, 07:25:12 AM

Steve Nash
Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Kobe

Why?

David Robinson
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
September 06, 2018, 07:07:39 AM

He is willing to take the risk again but if he fails again, I think no think will sign him anymore.

Worst case scenario : RIP. That's the big risk. This isn't a joke.

Wants to get money, I doubt a team will give him a good decent contract. More possibility of getting a minimum veteran contract I believed which is really low. Yes according to him he can still play basketball, he knows his body after all but if ever a team will signed him, will that be worth it? We can't expect more minutes for him to play since for sure a team will consider his health.

It's really hard to accept for a player that he can't now play on a big screen although he think he can. It's a game passion and he didn't want the way he ended up in his career. Chris Bosh should considered be part of coaching staff instead after finally retiring for good.
Yeah, if Chris Bosh really love basketball he does not have to play to show it but he can be part of the coaching if he wants so as not to risk his life by playing. Sometimes we have to swallow that pride that we have for the good of us.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
September 05, 2018, 11:28:02 PM

He is willing to take the risk again but if he fails again, I think no think will sign him anymore.

Wants to get money, I doubt a team will give him a good decent contract. More possibility of getting a minimum veteran contract I believed which is really low. Yes according to him he can still play basketball, he knows his body after all but if ever a team will signed him, will that be worth it? We can't expect more minutes for him to play since for sure a team will consider his health.

It's really hard to accept for a player that he can't now play on a big screen although he think he can. It's a game passion and he didn't want the way he ended up in his career. Chris Bosh should considered be part of coaching staff instead after finally retiring for good.

At 35 years old, Chris Bosh should really think of not playing in a big league especially with his health status. It's over now and he can still contribute to the basketball world on another way.

I know he really have some guts but guts isn't enough in terms of health issues.

Teams will just think that they can't fully used the whole 100% of Chris Bosh since they will care surely with his health. In other words, limited playing time. And I think with that limited playing time, Chris Bosh will be more frustrated because he will think that his team is worrying about his health therefore he can't give his 100% to the team . So instead, Im agree, he should considered be part of coaching staff or a team staff. And as reply above, alongside court analyst.
Also his confidence will be also be affected because he cannot be aggressive and physical anymore since he is prone to injury.
If Rose were not able to come back at the some age, how much more this guy who also has some serious health problem.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 05, 2018, 03:48:13 PM

At 35 years old, Chris Bosh should really think of not playing in a big league especially with his health status. It's over now and he can still contribute to the basketball world on another way.

I know he really have some guts but guts isn't enough in terms of health issues.

Teams will just think that they can't fully used the whole 100% of Chris Bosh since they will care surely with his health. In other words, limited playing time. And I think with that limited playing time, Chris Bosh will be more frustrated because he will think that his team is worrying about his health therefore he can't give his 100% to the team . So instead, Im agree, he should considered be part of coaching staff or a team staff. And as reply above, alongside court analyst.
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
September 05, 2018, 03:18:46 PM
Guys, bleacher report published "NBA Goat at every position". Do you agree/disagree?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793954-metrics-101-the-nbas-goat-at-every-position
September 05, 2018, 03:05:40 PM
The Dirk and David West show are over now. Lets move to another topic. I see this news days ago that Bosh is eyeing to return into the NBA but he set a date. What are your opinions regarding the possible return of Bosh into the NBA?

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/08/31/chris-bosh-nba-comeback-sets-deadline-february-2019

A blood clot in the leg is not a good kind of injury and this could get go back if he makes a wrong move.
He is better resting and being an analyst on the sidelines of NBA.

A great power forward who could somehow give some tips unto how to be great since he made a lot of championships.
He will still need to go through physical exams though if this is what he is aiming for. But there will be doubts for teams and this could be a risk for them. A 1 year contract might not be bad just to test it.

Health should come first!!

He has a serious health problem so I hope that playing is not his priority this time but full recovery and see how it goes for him overtime. Science has made a lot of advancement in the last decade and I'm sure he has enough money to cover medical expenses. So its better to get medical opinion to ensure that he is fit to go back. If I'm in his shoes, better rest or be involved in the game outside of the court.
Man I understand Chris bosh really loves basketball and he wants to be a part of NBA once again however its really not going well for him on health part so the way he is trying to push his way to death seems really tragic. If he has an health issue he just should take the retirement already and just not focus on returning because a return could potentially mean end of his life so I think he should rather end his career than end his life.

I understand the medical tech is improving and he can probably play like 10 minutes a game time to time with some breaks between back to back games but does it really worth the risk? I understand the love for the game however this is life or death we are talking about.

This kind of players have always been given a chance to stay on the sidelines.
Most of them are big men.

Shaq, Barkley, Pierce. These guys are now analyst of the game and have a wiser look when it comes to giving comments with NBA players.
He could always be a part of it which I already did see him do it once or twice when he was interviewed.

With his experience in the game and also his rings that proves he is a great player then it would not be a problem.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
September 05, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
September 05, 2018, 07:56:38 AM
The Dirk and David West show are over now. Lets move to another topic. I see this news days ago that Bosh is eyeing to return into the NBA but he set a date. What are your opinions regarding the possible return of Bosh into the NBA?

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/08/31/chris-bosh-nba-comeback-sets-deadline-february-2019

A blood clot in the leg is not a good kind of injury and this could get go back if he makes a wrong move.

A great power forward who could somehow give some tips unto how to be great since he made a lot of championships.
He will still need to go through physical exams though if this is what he is aiming for. But there will be doubts for teams and this could be a risk for them. A 1 year contract might not be bad just to test it.

He has a serious health problem so I hope that playing is not his priority this time but full recovery and see how it goes for him overtime. Science has made a lot of advancement in the last decade and I'm sure he has enough money to cover medical expenses. So its better to get medical opinion to ensure that he is fit to go back. If I'm in his shoes, better rest or be involved in the game outside of the court.
Man I understand Chris bosh really loves basketball and he wants to be a part of NBA once again however its really not going well for him on health part so the way he is trying to push his way to death seems really tragic. If he has an health issue he just should take the retirement already and just not focus on returning because a return could potentially mean end of his life so I think he should rather end his career than end his life.

I understand the medical tech is improving and he can probably play like 10 minutes a game time to time with some breaks between back to back games but does it really worth the risk? I understand the love for the game however this is life or death we are talking about.
He wants to play because he wants money, he is not getting any younger and it will be a big adjustment for him since he has not been
playing a long time already. He is willing to take the risk again but if he fails again, I think no think will sign him anymore.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
September 05, 2018, 07:20:14 AM

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
September 05, 2018, 03:01:44 AM

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
September 05, 2018, 01:04:35 AM
If you want a veteran experience from someone than pay them veteran money. If you are paying them way over the amount they worth that means you are doing it out of loyalty and not just veteran experience in the locker room. Definitely should have retired like two years ago. Look at tim duncan, even tho he was paid and all that he still retired and even today still goes to practices of spurs and joins the spurs community improvement days and helps out people under spurs name even after retirement. If dirk wants to be part of mavericks and help out the kids in the team than he can do that without getting serious minutes on the court. Just give him a coaching job, or better yet just tell him to show up like duncan time to time, that would help out as well. Dirk can be the best shooting coach in the world if mavs just get him to accept coaching job.

These two are different person and have differenr views.
Duncan might have that kind of idea since he already have his own Foundation of helping other people.

Dirk might be helping too but with a different look. You cannot define one person just because he is still on the league and being paid.
What if he just loves the game too much and do not want to be just on the sideline training young players and watching them play.

He still want to play and that is not a problem with the Mavs. I guess they will release him if they cannot use him anymore. You know they have exams there to see if a player is still fit to play.
You get it right buds, we can't compare two persons characteristic about loving the game of basketball, they have separated views and for sure Mavs seen the potentials out of Dirk desire to still play the game, even both players have its own good influence for their respected teams they have their owned values, Dirk and Tim are both have rings and MVP's so for sure  loving this league always have a good place inside their hearts.
September 04, 2018, 06:39:18 PM
If you want a veteran experience from someone than pay them veteran money. If you are paying them way over the amount they worth that means you are doing it out of loyalty and not just veteran experience in the locker room. Definitely should have retired like two years ago. Look at tim duncan, even tho he was paid and all that he still retired and even today still goes to practices of spurs and joins the spurs community improvement days and helps out people under spurs name even after retirement. If dirk wants to be part of mavericks and help out the kids in the team than he can do that without getting serious minutes on the court. Just give him a coaching job, or better yet just tell him to show up like duncan time to time, that would help out as well. Dirk can be the best shooting coach in the world if mavs just get him to accept coaching job.

These two are different person and have differenr views.
Duncan might have that kind of idea since he already have his own Foundation of helping other people.

Dirk might be helping too but with a different look. You cannot define one person just because he is still on the league and being paid.
What if he just loves the game too much and do not want to be just on the sideline training young players and watching them play.

He still want to play and that is not a problem with the Mavs. I guess they will release him if they cannot use him anymore. You know they have exams there to see if a player is still fit to play.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
September 04, 2018, 05:08:35 PM
David West could have played in some other team tho. I mean the reason why he retired is not just that he can't play with his body anymore or anything it was multiple reasons.

First of all David west is a great investor and he made more money with his investments than his career salary earnings, he is making really good money even after retirement and nba salary won't make a huge difference (of course its big but he won't be broke like some other) so he doesn't need to play for economical reasons, he also wanted to win a ring and went to spurs first and now at warriors he won couple rings as well. Well all he has left is his mid range game and he can go somewhere like spurs and get some minutes and play decent playoff run however he already has a lot of money and couple rings, what could he get from that.
Each person will always have a different mindset and i cant disagree on the things you do say about David west and if im on his feet then i would definitely done the same thing.I had already got rings and theres no more need to proceed further specially when you do saw other opportunities as well.If he do earn more on his investments then i would rather sit up on my own chair and see it grow rather than on striving
and make yourself to busy which isnt really necessary but though this would always matter with passion in basketball.
Activity: 82
Merit: 4
September 04, 2018, 03:28:30 PM
Jump to: