Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2614. (Read 899476 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
August 28, 2018, 01:08:05 AM
He is not getting any younger, he has a good record and we will always cherish that.
The big 3 of spurs before will complete their retirement because I believe after Manu, it's going to be Parker who will follow to retire.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
August 27, 2018, 10:25:14 PM
I think it is the best time for his retirement because spurs will be not the spurs anymore since duncan and parker are gone with the team that I will be missed the most i love that era when 3 of them played so well the for the championship.
I Include David "The Admiral" Robinson and Kawhi "The Claw" Leonard, when this players played together they shown how simple basketball can be, the minister Pop bring the best out of his team, the system really balance making the Spurs one of those favorite team who silently dominate Lebron, Manu "The Magician" Ginobili will be remembered  because of the way he dominate, a player who can go both inside and outside attack, farewell and thanks for the game where you inspired fans all over the world.
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
August 27, 2018, 10:05:11 PM
I think it is the best time for his retirement because spurs will be not the spurs anymore since duncan and parker are gone with the team that I will be missed the most i love that era when 3 of them played so well the for the championship.
Merit: 603
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
August 27, 2018, 04:06:28 PM
The main purpose of lakers getting lebron is to get a chance of being relevant once again but the reason why they are not giving away their young players is because they believe in couple years when lebron calls it a career (probably last contract he has) he will leave a great team behind him at lakers.

I understand that lebron is amazing but he is also getting older each year and can't really continue bringing this team into relevancy forever.

Nevertheless if you put ingram+lonzo+kuzma and whoever else they have into a lebron lead team with other veterans like rondo and beasley and lance helping them out a bit too, those kids will develop a lot faster, much faster and when all those veterans leave, these kids will be amazing and keep bringing lakers to playoffs at least, maybe even further depending on what happens with warriors in 4 years. The great thing about lakers is that they are seeing the potential of these young players even after the 4 year contract of lebron ends.

I have to disagree with you Lebron James didn't go to the Lakers to become a mentor for their young players, he is just there hoping that a big market team will be luring more Free Agents next off season. He wants this season to be a sacrifice for him because he knows there are a lot of superstar free agents coming next season. Trust me that all their young core will be touchable once the right player/s signs with the team. That is what happened to the Cavs when Lebron didn't want Wiggins on the team as he wants a big help with Kevin Love. Lebron is there because he know he has h8gher chances of winning more rings with this big market team.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
August 27, 2018, 12:29:35 PM
It is more about west vs east than lebron vs warriors. If lebron was on east with the same roster lakers has, he could easily achieve finals once again, it would be even easier than last year. Think about it, they had so many problems with the roster last year and was horrible. This year this lakers is better than last years cavs team if you ask me. However the difference is that lebron won't be playing toronto or boston, lebron will be playing against okc, spurs, rockets, pelicans, warriors and all of those great teams. Last year he had trouble single handedly beating pacers and celtics, he did it but it took a lot from him, this year he has no shot at going to finals because west is a lot more tough than east.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
August 27, 2018, 10:36:18 AM
Looks like JamesHarden is kind of positive about Carmelo going in to Houston.

A quote from Harden:

"Everybody in the world knows what Carmelo brings, how gifted and talented he is.

“He still has a lot more to go. If he comes to the Rockets, we'll get the best out of him."

But the stats doesnt tell it.
His worse career stat was recorded when he was at Oklahoma. (That could also be the reason they didnt offer him anyth8ing again)

He should prove himself now.
That is number 2 team of the Western Conference which he will be joining in. (Actually 1 if we will look at the season rankings.)
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
August 27, 2018, 08:19:48 AM
I don't think the Lakers can realistically compete against the Warriors. I think Lebron knows this, he went to Los Angeles for the endorsement deals and to do other hollywood appearances.

The Lakers have been lacking a true superstar since Kobe left so Lebron will help them generate hype, sell loads of merchandise, and sell out every game. 

I do agree that Lebron moving to LA ha something to do with Hollywood. But it doesn't mean that he will not bring his best to Lakers. Remember he singlehandedly bring Cavs against the Warriors so don't be surprise if the bring the same attitude in LA to compete in the West with the likes of GSW and Houston.

At least lebron can play in a relaxed manner.  He doesn't have the same pressure anymore because of his age and he has already won 3 rings.  Most experts already rank lebron in the top 3 greatest players of all time.  So from here on out anything else he accomplishes is just icing on the cake.
legendary
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
August 27, 2018, 08:02:33 AM
I don't think the Lakers can realistically compete against the Warriors. I think Lebron knows this, he went to Los Angeles for the endorsement deals and to do other hollywood appearances.

The Lakers have been lacking a true superstar since Kobe left so Lebron will help them generate hype, sell loads of merchandise, and sell out every game. 

I do agree that Lebron moving to LA ha something to do with Hollywood. But it doesn't mean that he will not bring his best to Lakers. Remember he singlehandedly bring Cavs against the Warriors so don't be surprise if the bring the same attitude in LA to compete in the West with the likes of GSW and Houston.
He has a harder journey now because he is in the west, also, his teammates are young and no championship experience.
That is the reality I like, I don't want to expect a lot from the Lakers, if they can make a slow but significant progress, that would already be better.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 27, 2018, 06:46:38 AM

Merit: 603
August 26, 2018, 07:10:51 PM
It's still too early to say and have this theory but I'm not against with it. I don't know with any other purpose that Lebron has by jumping to Los Angeles Lakers but if ever he does, it's out of my league.

Exactly, he'll contribute to many source that Lakers can have.

It's not only about his performance but you know, its about business and making money.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 602
August 26, 2018, 05:48:49 PM

Its too early too speculate at this moment but if we will base it on the rosters of the 2 teams, the warriors have better players but the Lakers have Lebron and I think he can teach those young players and will be an all star caliber someday. Regarding the endorsement deals blah blah, I have no comment Cheesy but I know Lakers will enter the Playoffs in the upcoming season.
yeah Lakers will definitely will be in playoffs this season LeBron alone will get them there but their youngsters need to improve with him and not rely only on LBJ my expectations for them is to finish 4rth at best (if they don't get a lot of injuries) and get somewhere near 50 wins as for winning warriors I don't see that happening any time soon unless they get kahwi. Oklahoma , Utah and Rocket's wouldn't be as difficult as Warriors so Winning against them will be the case of how the team performing at that stage.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
August 26, 2018, 11:30:20 AM

Its too early too speculate at this moment but if we will base it on the rosters of the 2 teams, the warriors have better players but the Lakers have Lebron and I think he can teach those young players and will be an all star caliber someday. Regarding the endorsement deals blah blah, I have no comment Cheesy but I know Lakers will enter the Playoffs in the upcoming season.
August 26, 2018, 10:15:04 AM

I dont think thatis how Lebron thinks.

Look at all the hard work he had done. A player who is just for marketing himself wont do all that hard work just for money and fame.

He still lacks the championship that he can say his own. He is still in that part of his life where he wants to prove something to himself.
You cannot just judge someone just because he goes to a team where the Hollywood is. Actually, it should have been New York if he want that kind of fame.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2018, 09:56:52 AM

I think NBA wants Lakers to reach the finals after a long period of absence. Lonza Ball is one of NBA's youngest hyped players and NBA would want to see him succeed or try to stop the Warriors. Without Lebron, Lakers will be just another Suns and NBA wants a new superstar to helm the Lakers.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
August 26, 2018, 09:18:34 AM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
August 26, 2018, 08:52:52 AM
The main purpose of lakers getting lebron is to get a chance of being relevant once again but the reason why they are not giving away their young players is because they believe in couple years when lebron calls it a career (probably last contract he has) he will leave a great team behind him at lakers.

I understand that lebron is amazing but he is also getting older each year and can't really continue bringing this team into relevancy forever.

Nevertheless if you put ingram+lonzo+kuzma and whoever else they have into a lebron lead team with other veterans like rondo and beasley and lance helping them out a bit too, those kids will develop a lot faster, much faster and when all those veterans leave, these kids will be amazing and keep bringing lakers to playoffs at least, maybe even further depending on what happens with warriors in 4 years. The great thing about lakers is that they are seeing the potential of these young players even after the 4 year contract of lebron ends.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
August 26, 2018, 07:34:39 AM
That is not the issue, the issue which was pointed out is the critics. The people that comes on the tv after the game, its the likes of kenny, charles, shaq, bill simmons and whatevers. They believe if you are playing with lebron you need to play good a little bit to actually have a shot at the title.

However lakers are not looking to win a ring this year as an organization. If they did they would have gotten players like kawhi and give up their young guns for him. They are just trying to make lakers relevant again. However critics will assume since they have lebron they will content for a ring and anytime they lose the young ones will be put to shame because they couldn't play at lebrons level.

Is that what they really said?
It will a big blow to this young players if they will be criticized like that.
Ball have been playing good. But I am rooting for Kuzma to be Lebron's wing man. I hope Lebron sees how good of a player is that man.
He can make plays. He can pass and shoot. He just lacks experience which Lebron could give. Teach him how to be the best player in the league instead of just being the kind of Lebron when he is in Cavs.
I'm also aiming for that, I hope LeBron see this young boy potentials, he really knows how to play well just need to blend with the King and slowly but surely Lakers will be rebuild, LeBron, Rondo, Stephenson, McGee and Kuzma, a good coaching staff will be able to bring the best from this players and be competitive for this season.

Of course, the coaching staff will be challenge as well this season. If I understand it correctly, Luke is like developing this young talents so his focus is more on showing and giving them the needed experience. But with James and other veterans on-board, the goal is shifted from just winning games to winning championships. So far we have seen James "somewhat" not comfortable with 2 coaches in his career, Mike Brown and Blatt. So its gonna be interesting to see Luke, but he has experienced dealing with big time players as he used to play with Kobe.
It's easy to coach if you have Lebron in your team because he alone is already a coach.
The best player which I believe is true will play hard this coming season, it's an another team and he wants to make a legacy with the Lakers.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 26, 2018, 01:22:38 AM
That is not the issue, the issue which was pointed out is the critics. The people that comes on the tv after the game, its the likes of kenny, charles, shaq, bill simmons and whatevers. They believe if you are playing with lebron you need to play good a little bit to actually have a shot at the title.

However lakers are not looking to win a ring this year as an organization. If they did they would have gotten players like kawhi and give up their young guns for him. They are just trying to make lakers relevant again. However critics will assume since they have lebron they will content for a ring and anytime they lose the young ones will be put to shame because they couldn't play at lebrons level.

Ball have been playing good. But I am rooting for Kuzma to be Lebron's wing man. I hope Lebron sees how good of a player is that man.
He can make plays. He can pass and shoot. He just lacks experience which Lebron could give. Teach him how to be the best player in the league instead of just being the kind of Lebron when he is in Cavs.
I'm also aiming for that, I hope LeBron see this young boy potentials, he really knows how to play well just need to blend with the King and slowly but surely Lakers will be rebuild, LeBron, Rondo, Stephenson, McGee and Kuzma, a good coaching staff will be able to bring the best from this players and be competitive for this season.

Of course, the coaching staff will be challenge as well this season. If I understand it correctly, Luke is like developing this young talents so his focus is more on showing and giving them the needed experience. But with James and other veterans on-board, the goal is shifted from just winning games to winning championships. So far we have seen James "somewhat" not comfortable with 2 coaches in his career, Mike Brown and Blatt. So its gonna be interesting to see Luke, but he has experienced dealing with big time players as he used to play with Kobe.
August 25, 2018, 11:33:14 PM

Well Luke have a lot of experience since he went to many Finals game with Kobe. He may know what to do and how to be a real champion.

He may be at the 2nd team of Lakers but he knows some plays from Phil Jackson. This could be their key to winning. As long as Lebron doesnt get in the way.
Let the coach do his job and Lebron be the player to do it on court.

Somehow that might add for them to be on the top of Western Conference.
Jump to: