Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2695. (Read 876395 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2017, 02:27:47 PM
It's clear my Cavs got the better end of this deal, just think about it Thomas is a lesser version of Irving true but Crowder is perhaps the best defender in the East and a huge addition to the Cavs to stop Durant. But besides that they get an interesting young prospect in Zizic plus a very valuable 2018 pick (could be top 5!) if they go to rebuilding mode next year.

However, Boston shouldn't be too hard on themselves, if Lebron leaves next year the Celtics will be kings in the East (unless LBJ stays with team from the East (NYK maybe?).
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
August 23, 2017, 12:52:36 PM
While i certainly think that the trade worked out for both teams, Cleveland got the better hand here. Not only do they get a scorer whose offensive game is as potent as Kyrie's, but they also got a decent defender in Crowder.

However, Kyrie can now take Boston to the next level if he is take his offensive game up a notch . What do you guys think about Bostons offence now?

Quite good, the deal for both teams seems to be helpful and they are happy with the trade.

And for their offense, still we I can't have an insight about this thing until I watch the play of the new roster of Boston.

When it comes to defense, yes you said it Crowder is good at it.

I'm not sure though. It is really tempting if you're offered a player of kyrie's caliber but boston just came from a really good run last season with the core that they have now. I'm not sure how this trade is going to work out for them but definitely the cavs will benefit highly from this.
I just don't get what path the Boston Celtics want to take because they gave up the 1st pick and not drafting Markelle Fultz in what I thought including the fans of the Celtics that Isaiah Thomas was their long term Star Point Guard and now they are trading him away for Kyrie Irving along with Jae Crowder and a 1st Round pick from Brooklyn. I really hope they do know what path they are going because acquiring Gordon Hayward would be a waste for the team.

Damn. I never thought that Boston Celtics would give up Isiah Thomas after was he gave the team last year and I'm also thinking the he would be the face of Boston for years to come. Its gonna be a painful for Isiah to see Boston left him go. Anyways, it is what it is so he should move and look forward and playing with the greatest player of today's generation-Lebron James. I think its more of a win on the side of Cavaliers, and with this trade, it doesn't seems that they will miss the scoring that Kyrie could provide every night as we all know that IT is a good scorer as well. Plus IT is a very good guard as well. Interesting to see those team meet at the finals in the East and let's see emotions flaring up. LOL.
I guess they never really saw Isaiah Thomas to be there guy in the future. And the funny thing about this is they have up the 1st round draft pick of the Brooklyn Nets as well, in which we all know the Chicago Bulls is only asking for in the Jimmy Butler trade. I think they have offered a lot in exchange for a Point Guard who has the same skill set with what they had. A really bad trade for the Boston Celtics.

The thing is Kyrie is just 25. The kid is just entering his prime. It's pretty reasonable to build a franchise around him.
It looks like they didn't count on Thomas on long term, but as you say Kyrie is 25 years old and has at least 5 great seasons to play. To build a franchise around him is good thing, he is amazing player.
On the other side, Cleveland will be stronger team with those three players but I think that Thomas will be in same situation as Kyrie was. He is a scoring machine and playing with Lebron will suffocate him. Instead of scoring 30+ points per game he will have to settle on 10+ but will be closer to a championship title.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 23, 2017, 11:29:05 AM
Kyrie can now build his own legacy. He can show his leadership and skills in boston away from the shadow of Lebron. It will be exciting to watch Eastern Finals since the most probable teams for finals will be boston and cavs.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
August 23, 2017, 08:58:32 AM
While i certainly think that the trade worked out for both teams, Cleveland got the better hand here. Not only do they get a scorer whose offensive game is as potent as Kyrie's, but they also got a decent defender in Crowder.

However, Kyrie can now take Boston to the next level if he is take his offensive game up a notch . What do you guys think about Bostons offence now?

Quite good, the deal for both teams seems to be helpful and they are happy with the trade.

And for their offense, still we I can't have an insight about this thing until I watch the play of the new roster of Boston.

I'm not sure though. It is really tempting if you're offered a player of kyrie's caliber but boston just came from a really good run last season with the core that they have now. I'm not sure how this trade is going to work out for them but definitely the cavs will benefit highly from this.
I just don't get what path the Boston Celtics want to take because they gave up the 1st pick and not drafting Markelle Fultz in what I thought including the fans of the Celtics that Isaiah Thomas was their long term Star Point Guard and now they are trading him away for Kyrie Irving along with Jae Crowder and a 1st Round pick from Brooklyn. I really hope they do know what path they are going because acquiring Gordon Hayward would be a waste for the team.

Damn. I never thought that Boston Celtics would give up Isiah Thomas after was he gave the team last year and I'm also thinking the he would be the face of Boston for years to come. Its gonna be a painful for Isiah to see Boston left him go. Anyways, it is what it is so he should move and look forward and playing with the greatest player of today's generation-Lebron James. I think its more of a win on the side of Cavaliers, and with this trade, it doesn't seems that they will miss the scoring that Kyrie could provide every night as we all know that IT is a good scorer as well. Plus IT is a very good guard as well. Interesting to see those team meet at the finals in the East and let's see emotions flaring up. LOL.
I guess they never really saw Isaiah Thomas to be there guy in the future. And the funny thing about this is they have up the 1st round draft pick of the Brooklyn Nets as well, in which we all know the Chicago Bulls is only asking for in the Jimmy Butler trade. I think they have offered a lot in exchange for a Point Guard who has the same skill set with what they had. A really bad trade for the Boston Celtics.

The thing is Kyrie is just 25. The kid is just entering his prime. It's pretty reasonable to build a franchise around him.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 23, 2017, 07:59:15 AM

I really thought thathat Kyrie Irving would have gotten over his pride and stayed at the team, I don't know how the move to Boston Celtics is going to affect his career in total. I really don't want the Golden State Warriors to win the NBA championship next season and with Kyrie gone I doubt the Cavaliers can challenge properly.
things really cant be predicted when money and pride is involved cant believe that boston will give up thomas as we see how great he is
last season bringing boston to its top place again after the big three was ended. lets wait now for both teams and how they take over
the league.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 23, 2017, 07:32:02 AM

I really thought thathat Kyrie Irving would have gotten over his pride and stayed at the team, I don't know how the move to Boston Celtics is going to affect his career in total. I really don't want the Golden State Warriors to win the NBA championship next season and with Kyrie gone I doubt the Cavaliers can challenge properly.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
August 23, 2017, 07:20:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
August 23, 2017, 07:18:09 AM

Its already giving me chills, the offensive potential of this Celtics lineup. Kyrie himself is a monster while it comes to offense and with the likes of Avery Bradley, a highly rated shooting guard with an impressive 3P shooting record, it only gets better. Also, with the likes of Gordon Hayward and Al Horford adding to the rebounding ability, Kyrie could make use of all these good players to make it to the finals.

You forgot that the Cavs got a first round pick on next year's draft too. So the Kyrie trade did pay them off well.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352
August 23, 2017, 07:10:49 AM

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
August 23, 2017, 06:28:18 AM

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
August 23, 2017, 05:15:15 AM

Its already giving me chills, the offensive potential of this Celtics lineup. Kyrie himself is a monster while it comes to offense and with the likes of Avery Bradley, a highly rated shooting guard with an impressive 3P shooting record, it only gets better. Also, with the likes of Gordon Hayward and Al Horford adding to the rebounding ability, Kyrie could make use of all these good players to make it to the finals.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 23, 2017, 04:26:24 AM

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
August 23, 2017, 03:13:30 AM

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 01:04:36 AM
Very fresh news with a more reliable source, Irving was acquired by the Boston Celtics... link http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pressrelease/celtics-acquire-four-time-all-star-kyrie-irving

They are building a great team and remember the Celtics face the cavaliers in the East Finals, this should be an entertaining match up, it's going to be a good motivation for Kyrie Irving that he can beat Lebron James when they face in the East Finals this coming playoffs.

What can I say, good news, let's stop speculating now.

I think it's a bad deal for Celtics and a Good deal for Cavs. IT already build the new era for the Celtics, He has the leadership that Kyrie doesn't have. Plus, ZIZIC seriously I would rather trade Marcus Smart for that. In the positive side, IT and Lebron's duo is quite astonishing. Both players have the killer instinct and a Leader mindset, in which even Lebron's not playing IT could take over. The lineup of Cavs is so deep now that I don't know How Lue will distribute proper playing time for his other stars. As for the Celtics, They must improve their second five. Kyrie can't bring this team up for sure.
It's a good deal for the cavaliers as finally they found a point guard that is a real passer, also, adding Jae Crowder will just strengthen
their 3 point shooting. Well, I hope Irving will help the celtics improve, he is a superstar and I know he can do it.

Dont really think IT brings a lot in terms of playmaking. He's really only a scorer . However, Drose  can be utilised as a passer now that he can come of the bench
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 12:58:56 AM

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
August 23, 2017, 12:50:25 AM
Very fresh news with a more reliable source, Irving was acquired by the Boston Celtics... link http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pressrelease/celtics-acquire-four-time-all-star-kyrie-irving

They are building a great team and remember the Celtics face the cavaliers in the East Finals, this should be an entertaining match up, it's going to be a good motivation for Kyrie Irving that he can beat Lebron James when they face in the East Finals this coming playoffs.

I think it's a bad deal for Celtics and a Good deal for Cavs. IT already build the new era for the Celtics, He has the leadership that Kyrie doesn't have. Plus, ZIZIC seriously I would rather trade Marcus Smart for that. In the positive side, IT and Lebron's duo is quite astonishing. Both players have the killer instinct and a Leader mindset, in which even Lebron's not playing IT could take over. The lineup of Cavs is so deep now that I don't know How Lue will distribute proper playing time for his other stars. As for the Celtics, They must improve their second five. Kyrie can't bring this team up for sure.
It's a good deal for the cavaliers as finally they found a point guard that is a real passer, also, adding Jae Crowder will just strengthen
their 3 point shooting. Well, I hope Irving will help the celtics improve, he is a superstar and I know he can do it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 23, 2017, 12:36:12 AM
After weeks of waiting, Kyrie Irving is finally traded to Boston in exchange for IT, Crowder and Izic. What do you think of this trades guys?

Confirmed here: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/900135501012893696

Are the Celtics also the better East contenders now after this reported trade?

I don't think so, Irving isn't a big fish for me, they traded 3 players for only not a good trade for me. I'm more interested about Isaiah Thomas at Cavs and he's going to play with Lebron James. Are there any more chase for the change of roster? I wasn't updated with the NBA for this upcoming season and I guess it will be the last change.
That would not happen, the celtics became a great team when IT was added in the team and he is the main man now.
Do you think the management would allow him to leave? they'll do everything to lure him with money just to stay.

So this is still just an insider and let's wait for the confirmation if this trade is for real. We'll see if he is just for the money, not all players are the same but if Celtics got a loyalty from him then that's better but if the management is the one that wants to release him. Even though how loyal he is he can't do something with it as per the management wants him to push away.

Exactly management has to decide whether the player will stay with the team or not and the situations can be conditional specially when there's a times that needed to lose a person in a team. I think that it will happen Thomas at Cavs to play along with Lebron James, so if these two will be combined and teamwork will be created between them that's a great make up preparation for the next seasons of NBA. All we have to do now is to get updated by their latest line ups and that's their management to management agreement so they can move on for their career, and we should await for that moment soon.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
August 23, 2017, 12:22:53 AM
After weeks of waiting, Kyrie Irving is finally traded to Boston in exchange for IT, Crowder and Izic. What do you think of this trades guys?

Finally that end has come and search is over for Celtics. He will be the superstar for Boston Celtics now and I hope that he won't be feeling any the same gap between him and Lebron with Celtics player. And I guess this is a wise decision for the Boston Celtics and I think that they have a chance now to get it to the finals but it would be a tough journey.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 23, 2017, 12:07:02 AM

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1015
August 23, 2017, 12:06:06 AM

I read about this earlier in a news page. Boston will be more competitive in the East right now for acquiring Kyrie. It's too early but I can say they do have a chance to face and beat Cavs in East Finals. Boston also has a good line up, why not.
Jump to: