Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2694. (Read 876479 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
August 24, 2017, 09:24:11 PM

Isiah Thomas was expecting Boston Celtics will give him a max contract but it doesn't happened. Feel sad for him because he really expecting it that after he give great performance last season, it's like easy for Celtics to trade him in exchange for Kyrie Irving. Well Thomas must move on and show Celtics that they throw away a good caliber point guard.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/08/24/lebron-james-went-on-a-twitter-rant-about-fans-burning-isaiah-thomas-jerseys

Why fans are like that? lol. Angry

Isiah Thomas have nothing to do with the trades. It was management decision. Why this fans doing shit for Isiah Thomas after all this guy did with the team. He needs respect damn those people. He was just silent after all and the only tweet he made after the trade is "Positive Vibes Only".
that's how respectful he is mate and that's showed his attitude no matter what team he will go he is an athlete that's always ready to compete,
cavs just add another caliber player which can be use against gsw they lose kyrie but they got another superstar and lebron still with them and
i hope to see how thomas will improve and showcase his talent.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
August 24, 2017, 07:28:58 PM

Isiah Thomas was expecting Boston Celtics will give him a max contract but it doesn't happened. Feel sad for him because he really expecting it that after he give great performance last season, it's like easy for Celtics to trade him in exchange for Kyrie Irving. Well Thomas must move on and show Celtics that they throw away a good caliber point guard.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/08/24/lebron-james-went-on-a-twitter-rant-about-fans-burning-isaiah-thomas-jerseys

Why fans are like that? lol. Angry

Isiah Thomas have nothing to do with the trades. It was management decision. Why this fans doing shit for Isiah Thomas after all this guy did with the team. He needs respect damn those people. He was just silent after all and the only tweet he made after the trade is "Positive Vibes Only".
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 24, 2017, 06:11:29 PM

Boston wants to be on the higher stage now for getting Kyrie Irving.

I don't know if they are the winner for this trade or Cleveland Cavaliers. But most of analysts here are saying that Cavs got this deal for real.

Why most people saying the Cavs won the deal?

It's because of promising players that Celtics gave up just for Kyrie Irving. Without the effort of Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder, we can't see Boston Celtics rised again at the playoffs. IT is one of the big reason why Celtics gets to the top again and now they traded this guy without hesitation. Another one is 2018 first round pick. It may become a superstar someday but they gambled it. Once season game started, let's see if Boston Celtics also won the deal.

Because they want Isiah Thomas stay with Boston or something the same.

We are seeing on how IT playing great for the past season although we had seen on where did Boston Celtics landed.

You are right in that part, we have to see if the Boston Celtics did this deal right too for getting Kyrie Irving.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 24, 2017, 04:02:18 PM
We may see the preview of Eastern Finals since Celtics and Cavs will meet on Opening night. This will be an exciting game to watch. We will see how Kyrie will lead the celtics against his previous teammates.

The happenings is really surprising and now these two teams will be meet on the opening tip off day so fans couldn't wait for long time to see how will this things goes out. Kyrie in another jersey will really makes things different.

Just hoped that both Lebron James and Kyrie Irving will play on that game so that it will be more exciting how will these players will collaborate on court wearing a different uniforms.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 24, 2017, 01:47:00 PM
We may see the preview of Eastern Finals since Celtics and Cavs will meet on Opening night. This will be an exciting game to watch. We will see how Kyrie will lead the celtics against his previous teammates.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
August 24, 2017, 01:46:15 PM

I don't know if they are the winner for this trade or Cleveland Cavaliers. But most of analysts here are saying that Cavs got this deal for real.

It's because of promising players that Celtics gave up just for Kyrie Irving. Without the effort of Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder, we can't see Boston Celtics rised again at the playoffs. IT is one of the big reason why Celtics gets to the top again and now they traded this guy without hesitation. Another one is 2018 first round pick. It may become a superstar someday but they gambled it. Once season game started, let's see if Boston Celtics also won the deal.

Because they want Isiah Thomas stay with Boston or something the same.

We are seeing on how IT playing great for the past season although we had seen on where did Boston Celtics landed.

You are right in that part, we have to see if the Boston Celtics did this deal right too for getting Kyrie Irving.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2017, 12:28:00 PM
While i certainly think that the trade worked out for both teams, Cleveland got the better hand here. Not only do they get a scorer whose offensive game is as potent as Kyrie's, but they also got a decent defender in Crowder.

However, Kyrie can now take Boston to the next level if he is take his offensive game up a notch . What do you guys think about Bostons offence now?

Its already giving me chills, the offensive potential of this Celtics lineup. Kyrie himself is a monster while it comes to offense and with the likes of Avery Bradley, a highly rated shooting guard with an impressive 3P shooting record, it only gets better. Also, with the likes of Gordon Hayward and Al Horford adding to the rebounding ability, Kyrie could make use of all these good players to make it to the finals.

You forgot that the Cavs got a first round pick on next year's draft too. So the Kyrie trade did pay them off well.

In no way did I mean it was a bad trade for the Cavs, I was just talking about Boston's offensive prowess from lumeire's quote.
The trade is mutually beneficial for both teams as the Cavs got hold of IT whose a sneaky PG and combining him with the likes LeBron and you have a force to reckon with. The addition of Crowder boosts the overall defense too.

The Celtics still don't have what it takes to compete with the Cavs so I don't think the comments from Ainge saying that they needed to upgrade after the East Finals are correct. I mean, he's right but I don't think these Celtics will give Cleveland any trouble. However as I mentioned some posts ago, what if Lebron leaves next year to a Western Conference team?

I think that's what the Celtics are betting on, if that happens they will reign in the East for many years to come with this roster and up and coming young players, so in that way it was a bold and interesting move.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
August 24, 2017, 10:05:21 AM
While i certainly think that the trade worked out for both teams, Cleveland got the better hand here. Not only do they get a scorer whose offensive game is as potent as Kyrie's, but they also got a decent defender in Crowder.

However, Kyrie can now take Boston to the next level if he is take his offensive game up a notch . What do you guys think about Bostons offence now?

Its already giving me chills, the offensive potential of this Celtics lineup. Kyrie himself is a monster while it comes to offense and with the likes of Avery Bradley, a highly rated shooting guard with an impressive 3P shooting record, it only gets better. Also, with the likes of Gordon Hayward and Al Horford adding to the rebounding ability, Kyrie could make use of all these good players to make it to the finals.

You forgot that the Cavs got a first round pick on next year's draft too. So the Kyrie trade did pay them off well.

In no way did I mean it was a bad trade for the Cavs, I was just talking about Boston's offensive prowess from lumeire's quote.
The trade is mutually beneficial for both teams as the Cavs got hold of IT whose a sneaky PG and combining him with the likes LeBron and you have a force to reckon with. The addition of Crowder boosts the overall defense too.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2017, 09:33:03 AM

We have to realize that IT4 is already 28 years old and last season's performance might have been his peak already. Also, the Celtics are not sure if they are going to give him max contract by end of next season, so rather than losing him for nothing, they got a younger player who is still in contract for the next few years. But then again, we wouldn't know how things willl really turn out until we see how the Cavs and the Celtics turn out to be 5 years from now.

I don't agree with that, IT being 28 years and reaching his prime? Come on, 28 for basketball is so young! He's playing his best years, especially a small guy like him. I do agree that he's somewhat limited because of his size but that's nothing new, so his ceiling would not be as high as other more dominant players, however that doesn't mean he can't score +20 ppg all season long, he's a very reliable scorer and a dead cold clutch one too. In that way he's very similar to Irving. I would say he's even a better defender but he's hindered by his height again, but you can't blame him for that.

Now Irving has a lot of defensive and concentration lapses, sometimes you can see he has what it takes to be a good defender (with blocks and steals) but most other times it's just baffling.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 24, 2017, 09:16:07 AM

We have to realize that IT4 is already 28 years old and last season's performance might have been his peak already. Also, the Celtics are not sure if they are going to give him max contract by end of next season, so rather than losing him for nothing, they got a younger player who is still in contract for the next few years. But then again, we wouldn't know how things willl really turn out until we see how the Cavs and the Celtics turn out to be 5 years from now.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1008
August 24, 2017, 08:42:06 AM

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
August 24, 2017, 08:17:00 AM

Quite good, the deal for both teams seems to be helpful and they are happy with the trade.

And for their offense, still we I can't have an insight about this thing until I watch the play of the new roster of Boston.

When it comes to defense, yes you said it Crowder is good at it.

I'm not sure though. It is really tempting if you're offered a player of kyrie's caliber but boston just came from a really good run last season with the core that they have now. I'm not sure how this trade is going to work out for them but definitely the cavs will benefit highly from this.

Activity: 896
Merit: 553
August 24, 2017, 08:00:36 AM
Wow what a trade? Suprised since Isiah was trying to get Hayward. Definitely blockbuster 
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
August 24, 2017, 07:58:06 AM
Wow, interesting trade between Celtics and Cavs. On one hand, maybe Celtics gave too much for Irving, but on other hand Celtics in Irving got experienced all star player who is, to be honest, much better player than Isiah Thomas. Anyway, very very interesting trade! Looking forward to new season!

It's not about the comparison of Irving and Thomas performance, it's about destroying the current system of Celtics. No matter how good Irving is, IT already knows the Celtics system that why he able to carry the team into playoffs. He already knows the caliber of his teammate. It's the same as destroying your championship lineup like what Cuban did into my favorite team Dallas the next season after they won a championship last 2011.

Crowder and IT's good performance are some of the reasons why Celtics reached the East 1st spot passing Cleveland Cavaliers this last season.

Yeah, it will take some time to him to fit in lineup, but after fitting Celtics will be strong again. They have Hayward who can replace departure of Jae Crowder...

Dissapointed at Celtics move. I don't know what they are thinking. They also gave up the 2018 first round pick which might be a good asset in their future roster. Isiah Thomas was the last pick of first round during 2011 draft and Kyrie is the first but now shining on the stage due to his recent performance in Boston Celtics.

Well that was management decision. Just hopefully they made a good decision out of this trade.
One player in exchange of 3 players, that is not a good move, Irving is good but he need another superstar like Lebron to win the Finals.
If he cannot take his team to the playoff before lebron go back, then what would be the chances that he can raise the celtics team.

They're gonna make Kyrie their franchise player, so yes he's worth way that much. It would have been better if they did include a third team to offset the burden of trading him though.

Kyrie is a great player but I don't believe he is going to change the team in a different way other player could not.

I think that getting a center is much more important right now for the next season because Irvin can't do anything by himself at the field section.

Well in all honestly I really think that the Cleveland Cavaliers received the better end of the trade. Talking about in the long term perspective here even if Isaiah Thomas did not decide to re-sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers they will still have the Brooklyn's first round draft pick which is we all know guaranteed to be at least in the top 5 of the draft. Also the good thing about this is, if Isaiah Thomas decides to re-sign it will also make Lebron extend in the team again. In a few more years they will have a much stronger team.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
August 24, 2017, 07:14:58 AM
Wow, interesting trade between Celtics and Cavs. On one hand, maybe Celtics gave too much for Irving, but on other hand Celtics in Irving got experienced all star player who is, to be honest, much better player than Isiah Thomas. Anyway, very very interesting trade! Looking forward to new season!

It's not about the comparison of Irving and Thomas performance, it's about destroying the current system of Celtics. No matter how good Irving is, IT already knows the Celtics system that why he able to carry the team into playoffs. He already knows the caliber of his teammate. It's the same as destroying your championship lineup like what Cuban did into my favorite team Dallas the next season after they won a championship last 2011.

Crowder and IT's good performance are some of the reasons why Celtics reached the East 1st spot passing Cleveland Cavaliers this last season.

Yeah, it will take some time to him to fit in lineup, but after fitting Celtics will be strong again. They have Hayward who can replace departure of Jae Crowder...

Dissapointed at Celtics move. I don't know what they are thinking. They also gave up the 2018 first round pick which might be a good asset in their future roster. Isiah Thomas was the last pick of first round during 2011 draft and Kyrie is the first but now shining on the stage due to his recent performance in Boston Celtics.

Well that was management decision. Just hopefully they made a good decision out of this trade.
One player in exchange of 3 players, that is not a good move, Irving is good but he need another superstar like Lebron to win the Finals.
If he cannot take his team to the playoff before lebron go back, then what would be the chances that he can raise the celtics team.

They're gonna make Kyrie their franchise player, so yes he's worth way that much. It would have been better if they did include a third team to offset the burden of trading him though.

Kyrie is a great player but I don't believe he is going to change the team in a different way other player could not.

I think that getting a center is much more important right now for the next season because Irvin can't do anything by himself at the field section.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
August 24, 2017, 06:46:52 AM

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647
August 24, 2017, 03:54:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
August 23, 2017, 06:16:53 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 23, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 23, 2017, 05:59:38 PM

Jump to: