Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 kinds of ICOs — Protect yourself - page 4. (Read 13642 times)

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
An absolutely nice read on ICOs.

Kudoos and thanks to the owner for the vital signs of a good and crappy ICO and the fine note on investing in one.

This does help a lot for people interested in ICOs and those who wanted to work under one.

Keep it up!
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
ICO is known as Initial Coin offering, the first digital token of the public offering, modelled on the stock market IPO (Initial).
That is, the project initiator may obtain the financing by the way of the block chain technology issue initial token, however, the initial tokens cannot be purchased in fiat currency (RMB, USD, etc.), because it violates the laws and regulations on financing, and it needs to be purchased with more liquid digital assets such as Bitcoin and Ethernet.
At present, the regulation of ICO has yet to be perfected, which requires us to be dry and carefully screened. "In fact, the evaluation of the project on those criteria, is not a real block chain?" Is it necessary to use block chain to solve? The team is not really engaged in the block chain technology development (many people are fake resumes, block chain technology is still difficult, really mature technicians are not many)? Is there any entity registration (prevent running)?
"The marketing director of the worldwide chain, Lulihua said.
Based on the success of the ICO project over the past 4 years, media has summarized the following key points of the ICO project. First of all, to have the bottom of the block chain philosophy support, block chain of the underlying philosophy is to center. Most of the most reliable ICO projects are based on block chain technology to provide more efficient solutions to existing problems.
In other words, these projects are to solve specific problems, if only simple concept packaging, it is difficult to get support.
Second, almost all code open source projects, most will upload source to GitHub, otherwise the current phase of the basic need not participate in this kind of ico, because the pyramid scheme is very suspicious. At the same time, a detailed white paper is essential, and the general White Paper will have a brief introduction will be able to understand the language to tell you what to solve the problem, behind the principle of what, what is special, what the value of the financing of the tokens, how to use the tokens, ICO rules, what the team is the background, is not a landing project.
Interestingly, there has been an ICO project in the white Paper, the name of Ben Cong (Satoshi Nakamoto) was written Zhong Bencong, the degree of flicker. Of course, even if all the above factors are available, the ICO project still risks, after all, the future of technology will require a long time to test.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
Thank you, very urgent topic.  More to such threads on the forum. All the criteria are very important, because the project that conducts the ICO should contain some idea that will allow to change or bring changes to the sphere where it will work. Unfortunately, a lot of scam projects appear that do not have their own code, but sell only the idea in a beautiful package.
Activity: 616
As of now, 80% of ICOs are scam. A lot of projects I supported that in the end, developers run. The worst thing here is that, the legitimate ICOs are sometimes fail. Why? Because scam ICOs offered a great at first, bounty hunters wanted to join in an ICO that has a big bounty pool. When there are lot of promoters, assure that investors will come also. Unfortunately, the time and money spent by the crypto people are wasted because the project they participated was scam and the opportunity to go at the legit ICO is gone. Now, legit ICO failed because they can't market their project because there are a few numbers of promoters.
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
Thanks for this detailed write up. Extremely useful as well. It was getting hard to chose which ICO was legitimate so just decided not to go with it lately. However it seems Airdrop is all the rage nowadays.
Yes, the current project is really hard for some newcomers to choose from, and it's hard to see what's really worth it.
Currently, investing into ICO is not a good idea, I think we should to invest into Bitcoin and top altcoins.
Because when the cryptocurrency has bullish trend or hot trend on the world, the ICO can become good place for investment and speculation like the last year.
Activity: 430
Merit: 100
Thanks for this detailed write up. Extremely useful as well. It was getting hard to chose which ICO was legitimate so just decided not to go with it lately. However it seems Airdrop is all the rage nowadays.
Yes, the current project is really hard for some newcomers to choose from, and it's hard to see what's really worth it.
Activity: 224
Thanks for giving this amazing information I will definitely take care of this when I invest in any ICO. I also always read the whitepaper before investing in any ICO and it helps me a lot to get to know about that ICO.
Activity: 238
If you want to know whether the ico is good or bad and you are an amateur to the cryptocurrency world then it would be better to follow some of the top investors in cryptocurrency on social media and see what initial coin offerings they are investing in and what are the common factors in all of these investments, be careful they might deceive you.
Activity: 116
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Thanks. Nice summary and experience for us folks put together in a comprehensive manner. Cherry picking good ICOs is fairly difficult since I fear many review sources are not too objective. I think we lack sound independent and non-influenciable sources which we would likely be willing to pay for (slightly).
Nowadays, investing into ICO isn't an investment type for normal investor. The whale, the rich, the famous people are creating team to investing and controlling this market. ICO wasn't a good way for real investor from the last year. Many speculator and many worthless projects  made this field became so bad.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
February 24, 2018, 05:30:35 PM
When I'm choosing the best and reliable ICO project I am watching first of all team of developers. If in the management and between creators are famous names then it is a very good sign, some kind of guarantee.
You have to remember these famous people can be the advisor, they aren't the devs if they just earned some money to show their face with that project (spreading some promote words too). Of course, in the past, this case also happened. I remember that project is Centra promoted by Floyd Mayweather Roll Eyes
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 05:35:06 AM
When I'm choosing the best and reliable ICO project I am watching first of all team of developers. If in the management and between creators are famous names then it is a very good sign, some kind of guarantee.
Activity: 46
February 16, 2018, 06:12:29 PM
Thank you so much for sharing us all of these things. These things are all very important to be considered. Especially online businesses, in crypto, scammers have countless ideas just to make money selfishly. It is pretty discouraging but as they say, NO RISK NO GAIN. So, just conduct research all the time.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
February 16, 2018, 01:37:46 PM
Thanks. Nice summary and experience for us folks put together in a comprehensive manner. Cherry picking good ICOs is fairly difficult since I fear many review sources are not too objective. I think we lack sound independent and non-influenciable sources which we would likely be willing to pay for (slightly).
Activity: 46
February 16, 2018, 01:16:32 PM
really nice thread. It is possible to beat the scammers at there own game if you are not greedy so let the scams go on.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
February 16, 2018, 01:14:16 PM
This is comprehensive study of ICO and really an eye opener, with this I think one should be able to make right decisions concerning which one to do and one to run away from now.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
February 16, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
GOOD, this is a good post.
It is very careful to distinguish the current three types of ICO. Indeed, most ICO looks more like a scam. No matter what industry can have a relationship with the blockchain, is it not a circle of money? Huh
There are have many things can apply the blockchain technology to develop and grow more, but there are too many ICO projects, it made the ICO market has same idea while the practicality is not reasonable. Why do we need to use blockchain for adult video, lmao? Grin
Activity: 252
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 14, 2018, 12:26:29 AM
GOOD, this is a good post.
It is very careful to distinguish the current three types of ICO. Indeed, most ICO looks more like a scam. No matter what industry can have a relationship with the blockchain, is it not a circle of money? Huh
Activity: 374
Merit: 12
February 14, 2018, 12:22:26 AM
Wow, this project community is growing rapidly and fast in both investors and those who follow its marketing through bounty! this will surely make you feel honored for the dev manager as it can be part of a great project
Activity: 252
Merit: 37
February 14, 2018, 12:07:18 AM
It's sad that most projects are scam nowadays. Theyre giving a image of the blockchain industry. One should always research on the projects theyre joining
Pages:
Jump to: