Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 kinds of ICOs — Protect yourself - page 7. (Read 13642 times)

Activity: 676
Merit: 500
December 07, 2017, 05:05:24 PM
After reading tons of whitepapers of crap icos, I found this thread to be so informative and useful. 90% of current ICO projects are either non-sense or simply scams, 9% could be startups that could have failed first round in real world presentations for investors, probably 1% or less is the blockchain app that really makes sense and their coin value could be more than 0.
1% is high number for total numbers of ICO project created in this year. I am sure there are more than 100 ICO projects created but no project can be useful or help the society as their promise in the past. All things are lie and skip all after crowdsale ended (successful for scammer) Grin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
This is very useful information for those who are at least somehow connected with this direction.
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
November 30, 2017, 09:55:50 AM
This a good thread. You review will really help those that want to invest a lot.
Activity: 7
November 30, 2017, 08:47:59 AM
First I will Thankful for such wonderful information.

It definitely helps to Investors.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 27, 2017, 08:51:06 PM
After reading tons of whitepapers of crap icos, I found this thread to be so informative and useful. 90% of current ICO projects are either non-sense or simply scams, 9% could be startups that could have failed first round in real world presentations for investors, probably 1% or less is the blockchain app that really makes sense and their coin value could be more than 0.
Activity: 28
November 27, 2017, 05:38:34 AM
Thank you for this! Thank you for the elaboration Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 26, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Thanks for the information it's really valuable. People are often scared by ICOs but if you do your research well you will have big chances to make profit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
November 26, 2017, 04:54:06 PM
This is some useful information and honest review to ways of finding legit projects hope from here onwards  potential investors will look for these features to avoid investing in bogus projects that are just after peoples money.
Activity: 11
November 26, 2017, 04:22:22 PM
Hi.

Anyone can make a suggestion whether it is good to make investment on TOA coin? Thaaaanks  Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
November 26, 2017, 03:50:59 PM
Beautiful thread. I have some questions. How many percent of your money you use to invest ICOs?
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
November 26, 2017, 02:44:07 PM
Awesome information,i wont join any ICOs now for sure.Its better to trade than to expect nothing from these ICOs thanks pal.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 26, 2017, 02:42:05 PM
Thank you for taking time to compile this. I have to say, I do agree with you 100%. With all the scamming going around unchecked, one can't be too careful. I think its interesting that you mention that people need to look out for icos in certain countries. Personally if the ICO is based in Eastern Europe and India, my antenna are raised. If the whole team is from any of those countries, I bounce :-/

YES - Very important aspect for ICO is the country they are from. The whole "eastern europe" ICO's are most of the time scam (Nowadays!).
On the other hand the best ICO so far are from Russia ETH, WAVES ...
Really? I saw too many ICOs hyped from Russia without any good result after crowdsale. Example KICKICO, this's one of project from Russia, but look at the price of ICO token now. What is the reason make this token drop a lot of value like that? Below the ICO price and there's no large exchange accept it while it has raised more than 80.000 ETH from crowdsale. Bad project!
Kickico raise huge of amount during pre sale and I notice that also this kickico is not yet listed in other exchange. There are many Ico's that hype after their project become success no development on thier end. So better we need to research before joining an Ico.
So hard to know the future of ICOs project. This is the hardest part to decide I should invest to ICOs or not, there are too many interesting projects with promising profits. However, all these projects are hyped and the price can not increase or list on any large exchange. As far as I know, KICKICO, AirToken, Opus ... are the hyped projects.
Activity: 364
Merit: 138
dApps Development Automation Platform
November 21, 2017, 07:28:04 PM
Great article and very useful for the community. Thank you! Smiley
At the moment I mainly support projects that at least already have beta and a really useful and unique concept.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
November 21, 2017, 07:21:12 PM
90% of ICOs are scams

Maybe not even scams but it end as fail like average startups does.
In REAL LIVFE:
1 of 10 startups survives 1st year
and then
1 of 10 startups survive next 5 years.
 so you have 1/100 chance to survive with ICO Cheesy...

this is nature of startups you won't win with it.

well if the financial system wont work people will simply stop working and create more and more money, you might even end up in a medieval age where there are kings with real world coins and their face printed on those,

these kings then kill everyone that didnt payed back, thats a very easy financial system people will understand and will not scam.
Activity: 322
Merit: 119
BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED
November 21, 2017, 07:20:28 PM
Its good to invest on any projects that have team pics display...

If an ICO project have team pics display as you say, is not a guaranty that it's a good. You need to do a lot of research these days since they are a lot of ICOs out there.
Activity: 649
Merit: 250
November 21, 2017, 07:14:02 PM
Thank you for taking time to compile this. I have to say, I do agree with you 100%. With all the scamming going around unchecked, one can't be too careful. I think its interesting that you mention that people need to look out for icos in certain countries. Personally if the ICO is based in Eastern Europe and India, my antenna are raised. If the whole team is from any of those countries, I bounce :-/

YES - Very important aspect for ICO is the country they are from. The whole "eastern europe" ICO's are most of the time scam (Nowadays!).
Really? I saw too many ICOs hyped from Russia without any good result after crowdsale. Example KICKICO, this's one of project from Russia, but look at the price of ICO token now. What is the reason make this token drop a lot of value like that? Below the ICO price and there's no large exchange accept it while it has raised more than 80.000 ETH from crowdsale. Bad project!
Kickico raise huge of amount during pre sale and I notice that also this kickico is not yet listed in other exchange. There are many Ico's that hype after their project become success no development on thier end. So better we need to research before joining an Ico.
Activity: 13
November 21, 2017, 07:07:51 PM
really good thread, thanks OP (Y)
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
November 21, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

Activity: 322
Merit: 103
November 19, 2017, 10:38:10 AM
Crowdholding claims that they have a working beta, which is good news. However, I can’t find it on their website. Have you used it? Have lots of people used it to help guide a startup to success?

Their white paper says that the problem is that too many startups fail due to lack of market need. Their solution is that funders (YUPIE token holders) will be able to tell the startups how to find market needs.

This is ridiculous. If this is the case, then companies would be asking their shareholders on what the market needs. Google, Apple, Facebook and the hundreds of thousands of companies should be asking their shareholders about market needs. They don’t. Why not? Because the shareholders do not know. The only people who will know are the end-users and customers. That’s why companies spend billions on market research, focus groups, free samples, surveys, product trials, etc., etc. The only people who know and will tell the truth are those who have to part with their money and will get enough value in return to justify it. Anyone who has studied Marketing knows this.

Let’s say that there is a startup that wants to sell Japanese seaweed snacks. How much are you willing to pay for the snacks? What would you recommend to the startup? Even if you wouldn’t eat this, how would you know others won’t? You may never have tasted it before, so you will have no idea. The only way the startup will know if these snacks will sell is if they do market research, in the right target markets, with product trials, etc.

Even if Crowdholding's idea has merit, how do you, as a YUPIE token holder, know for sure that startup companies will reward you after they succeed? The tokens are not legal contracts. You cannot get a judge to force the company to pay.

Startups take many years before they are financially successful. Most companies are still losing money when they go IPO on the stock market. Amazon is barely making any profits. Twitter is still losing money. Facebook took way longer than most companies to IPO and they barely showed a profit. Technology and growing companies rarely pay dividends. How long will you wait before Crowdholding’s startups start rewarding you?

I do not think Crowdholding is trying to scam anyone. They likely think that they have a good idea, but do not see the flaws. Most ICO buyers do not see these flaws because they haven’t spent enough time in the business world and are impressed by lots of jargon and big teams with fancy titles.

The only people who know and will tell the truth are those who have to part with their money and will get enough value in return to justify it. Anyone who has studied Marketing knows this.

Probably you are confused in the concept of the project or didn't understand it correctly. That's it to such people are invited to participate in the co-creation, development, promotion of projects that they like, consumers of which they can also become. And for this people will receive tokens of these projects. Everything is very good. Someone invests money, someone invests time and ability. And someone and money and time and ability Wink

Its a great platform for entrepreneurs to validate their business ideas and for supporters to earn some crypto!

Crowdholding is up and running, check it out, if you don't believe us: https://www.crowdholding.com !
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
November 19, 2017, 09:18:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: