Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 34. (Read 116949 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
  • Transactions are included in blocks based on my policies: non-standard transactions accepted, but a flat transaction fee required of 0.00004096 BTC per 512 bytes
Can you please explain this to a newbie ? What does it mean and why do you need it ...
Do I need to change some setting on my rpcminer-cpu client ?
This is no effect on mining. Basically, it means the pool won't participate/confirm transactions without a (tiny) fee, so it is immune to transaction spam.[/list]
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

• Transactions are included in blocks based on my policies: non-standard transactions accepted, but a flat transaction fee required of 0.00004096 BTC per 512 bytes

Luke-jr,
    Can you please explain this to a newbie ? What does it mean and why do you need it ...
    Do I need to change some setting on my rpcminer-cpu client ?
    legendary
    Just an advance notice: the current block is overbilled; a total of 52.8665594 BTC is due to be paid out, but most likely the reward won't be that much.
    As a result, the address 15syQPo3NadEtD4UVv34ixjkZvztCHCcX1 has been chosen (more or less randomly) to be paid only ~1.56 BTC out of his due ~4.43 BTC. The remainder will be paid at the next block. Since this is random, it's quite possible some factor may end up in another address being the one delayed. So if you happen to receive unexpectedly less and your balance has over 1 BTC remaining, this is why.
    legendary
    I don't think it needs any stats other than perhaps how much you've paid yourself.
    I consider my own pool output to be just as private as anyone else mining on it. I only posted my earnings above to promote the pool, and confirm that it isn't just me receiving above-expected earnings.

As far as fees, the address receiving the 0.00000001 BTC per second is 1LGiiiQF6EW8Eoop5KyGmkSDGnYZRd94EE. With the new 1 BTC minimum, it will probably not show up very often.

The first address in a transaction is the "leftovers", generally due to the non-payouts of earnings under 1 BTC. It will obviously be filled by the payouts later on when those members reach their 1 BTC minimum. These funds remain in Eligius's client. If there ever becomes a problem with it consistently delaying payouts, I can manually do a sendmany with them to "catch up" (although I don't have anything written to offset such a send in the payout code yet).
    legendary
    Your problem with Ufasoft is that it does not send an authentication header on the first request.

You have to respond to it with a 401 WWW-Authenticate string, and then once it replies with the auth, return a getwork.
    If I omit the authentication in a request manually, I get a 401 just fine...
    Activity: 258
    Merit: 250
    Could someone having trouble with ufasoft come on #bitcoin-dev so we can troubleshoot it?

Your problem with Ufasoft is that it does not send an authentication header on the first request.

You have to respond to it with a 401 WWW-Authenticate string, and then once it replies with the auth, return a getwork.
    Activity: 196
    Merit: 100
    Took me ~3 min for my address to show up. Not sure why yours isn't.
    legendary
    Activity: 1855
    Merit: 1016
    I think, its a small not bug but feature used wrongly.
    The following pics below shows all addresses with an 9 digit number. I think that 9 digit represents the amount of bitcoin they mined.
    1+8 decimal points. Luke some where mentioned (not sure) that a miner gets his coins only if its more than 1btc.
    I think the same goes here. Until a miner mines more than 1 bitcoin, his address is not shown in the current block.
    I am now running my miner for more than an hour, still my address not shown.
    I believe when my miner reaches 1 bitcoin in current share , my address will be shown with a 9 digit number.(100000000- its the minimum 9 digit number & all the numbers in the screen shot is more than this number)

Activity: 216
    Merit: 100
    I don't think it needs any stats other than perhaps how much you've paid yourself. Though, is it always the top address in the To column of the block? Beyond that, I hope you gave some consideration to my suggestion.
    legendary
    Activity: 1855
    Merit: 1016
    You don't seem to understand how my pool pays out. There are no payout sends, you get original coins direct from the coinbase.

You saying MINT coins, instead of coins from other pools which at least get one transaction.
    legendary
    Hey Luke, what do the "negative" balances indicate on http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/balances.json?
    The pool overpaid. Usually due to shares not factored into the final generation reward (meaning the pool underpaid someone else). I just put a 1 BTC buffer into the script, so 1 BTC (spread equally across all miners) will be delayed until the next block. Hopefully that will mitigate the vulnerability.
    Activity: 43
    Merit: 0
    legendary
    BTW, whoever is username "135dgT3qkdzac3DWMQfwwSeq2cH" needs to fix their miner to send the full address or it can't pay you...
    legendary
    I want to make one thing clear, in hopes of explaining where I am coming from personally: I have no interest in running a pool for-profit. Until this difficulty, I was perfectly happy mining on my own. The only reason I have a pool, is because I can no longer get a block within a single standard difficulty period of 2 weeks by myself. Therefore, my operating this pool will be under that assumption, particularly with regard to the lack of a fancy webpage or stats. Please note that actually useful stats, like the ones I have thrown together so far, are not included in that.

That being said, if the pool members wish to pay me for making fancy stats, I could perhaps setup some kind of optional "pool development fund" donation thing. But writing the code for that would also be non-trivial and incur a cost to me. So it would only work off-the-bat as a pool-wide fee, or a simple Bitcoin address those who desire such features can manually send to. As not everyone necessarily cares about such things, I have decided the better is a superior method. Therefore, if you want to contribute funds toward fancy statistical stuff, please send your contribution to 16yREn3ixJuPLP1RaLgTjVERsQDhUJgZg

In the meantime, I would appreciate all comparisons between "expected' earnings (eg, the ";;bc,gen" command on IRC) and actual earnings from my pool.
    I personally have received 15.73 BTC, while my "expected" is only 8.51 BTC. I hope you all have similar results.
    Activity: 61
    Merit: 10
    Thanks Luke. I'm getting good response from the pool so far. Lets see how it develops!

Definitely user stats area would be nice, but that is less important than mechanics and reliability of the pool itself.
    Activity: 158
    Where my shares gone?
    balance: 0.827431
    This is < 1 BTC

If the pool hash rate goes up significantly and you use the latest bitcoind (which allows sending payments to multiple recipients at once among other things), then it will probably will be useful.  Just my thought on the matter.  I haven't looked into what it would take to build a pool.  I would have to dabble in solo mining with multiple machines [and one master] to get closer to deciding to do so.  However, I think there will be enough pools by then that a new pool won't be useful.  I think a pool with a great website and lots of features while sticking to the 2% rate would be a winner!  Maybe I and a couple of buddies should whip something up [nah ... won't happen Smiley].
    You don't seem to understand how my pool pays out. There are no payout sends, you get original coins direct from the coinbase.

Yo Luke, your pool is cool but IMO you need more complex control panel for user and for pool monitoring,
    legendary
    Where my shares gone?
    balance: 0.827431
    This is < 1 BTC

If the pool hash rate goes up significantly and you use the latest bitcoind (which allows sending payments to multiple recipients at once among other things), then it will probably will be useful.  Just my thought on the matter.  I haven't looked into what it would take to build a pool.  I would have to dabble in solo mining with multiple machines [and one master] to get closer to deciding to do so.  However, I think there will be enough pools by then that a new pool won't be useful.  I think a pool with a great website and lots of features while sticking to the 2% rate would be a winner!  Maybe I and a couple of buddies should whip something up [nah ... won't happen Smiley].
    Activity: 98
    I've been mining for the last few hours and your site tells me I have no shares. Anyone else having this issue?

Switching away until issue resolved. Lost eight hours (at least) already.
    Unless you can find a minimum of 1 share per 5 minutes (the timedelta), hashrate.php will always misreport. I see a balance of 0.165 BTC on your address, which will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.

Another idea I had, was to put it back to paying out tiny coins again, but also accepting transactions using those coins at no fee. The two problems with this plan would be: 1) the clients will still think they need to pay a fee unless you hack them, and 2) it leaves less space in our blocks for normal with-fee transactions. Currently undecided. It also wouldn't be very easy to write.

legendary
    Activity: 1500
    Merit: 1021
    I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
    I'm still not listed on the current block either. More work to be done I suppose.
    Pages:
    Jump to: