Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 29. (Read 116968 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
*shrug* hai hoo, hai hoo..it's back to slush I go..hai hoo hai hoo....it's got higher fees I know..hai hoo hai hoo...hai hoo hai hoo..

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Same here...this is nuts. This pool is cool and all but I am tempted to move somewhere cause of the connection issues.
Just set up a second miner on low priority in another pool of your choice. Wink
legendary
Decided to get back into mining today. Got all set up for a night of mining with my 1.6 Ghash/s. Lets see how it goes!

I keep getting "Disconnected from Server" messages, I know thats not normal. Silly network...

Same here...this is nuts. This pool is cool and all but I am tempted to move somewhere cause of the connection issues.
Activity: 846
Merit: 1000
The One and Only
Decided to get back into mining today. Got all set up for a night of mining with my 1.6 Ghash/s. Lets see how it goes!

I keep getting "Disconnected from Server" messages, I know thats not normal. Silly network...
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Updated coin-control.appspot.com to include IDs so you don't have to keep copy-pasting your address in. Addresses still work, too.

I donated a little bit to you the other night. Thanks for setting up this app.

Thanks man Smiley Every donation counts.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
Updated coin-control.appspot.com to include IDs so you don't have to keep copy-pasting your address in. Addresses still work, too.

I donated a little bit to you the other night. Thanks for setting up this app.
legendary
Also is it just me but I noticed an unusually high number of stale/invalid shares. 833 submitted and 29 stale for one miner. 815 and 36 stale for another.
Where is your miner located? Europe, by any chance? Also, check your system clock. It needs to be within 5 minutes of the correct time.

Miners are located in Canada. Checked clock - all is well automatically updated via microsoft's NTP servers.

I dunno what else it can be. I'm mining with guiminer btw. Not sure if that has any affect.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Also is it just me but I noticed an unusually high number of stale/invalid shares. 833 submitted and 29 stale for one miner. 815 and 36 stale for another.
Where is your miner located? Europe, by any chance? Also, check your system clock. It needs to be within 5 minutes of the correct time.
legendary
Very nice Cheesy the pool's total hash rate just shot up from 35 to 50!

legendary

edit: I dunno Luke I guess I will let the miners on your pool for a little longer but if this keeps up I'll have no choice but to switch them over to another one as I have no spare "play hashing power"

legendary
Hmm it seems I'm getting a lot of these errors:

Listener for "Eligius 2": 10/05/2011 10:10:21, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 2": 10/05/2011 10:10:27, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 1": 10/05/2011 10:10:27, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 2": 10/05/2011 10:10:34, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 1": 10/05/2011 10:10:38, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 2": 10/05/2011 10:10:41, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 1": 10/05/2011 10:10:44, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 2": 10/05/2011 10:10:50, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 1": 10/05/2011 10:10:50, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "Eligius 2": 10/05/2011 10:10:56, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC

My end or your end?
legendary
Luke I'm not sure if this has been asked (I read the whole thread and I think not), but what type of connection is the server using? Are you hosting this pool on some pc behind a ADSL/Cable router? My main concern here is the reliability of your setup. As cool as your pool idea may be it won't mean much if it's down a lot.
I run Lightfoot Hosting, and have my personal webpage on one of my VPS. Currently, Eligius (and BitGit) run on that same VPS.

Ah ok so the server is located in a data center. Thanks for answering my questions Luke.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Luke I'm not sure if this has been asked (I read the whole thread and I think not), but what type of connection is the server using? Are you hosting this pool on some pc behind a ADSL/Cable router? My main concern here is the reliability of your setup. As cool as your pool idea may be it won't mean much if it's down a lot.
I run Lightfoot Hosting, and have my personal webpage on one of my VPS. Currently, Eligius (and BitGit) run on that same VPS.
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
I switched from Deepbit a couple days ago to give this a try. Liking it a lot so far. I'm currently putting out about 400 Mhash/s and already have some coins about to mature in my wallet.
legendary
Listener for "EL 5850": 08/05/2011 09:52:45, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
Listener for "EL 5850": 08/05/2011 10:05:41, warning: job finished, miner is idle

Are you now also under ddos luke-jr?
Hope not. I saw the "miner is idle" a lot when I had very congested (busy) bandwidth. Then I configured my router to prioritize port 8337. No problems since then...

Activity: 698
upstream_result='Y' group by username order by blocks, username;
+--------+------------------------------------+
| blocks | username                           |
+--------+------------------------------------+

LoL, my damn personal Asus 5870 is cursed- no blocks for 10 days vs. 5770 - 1 block, I had same results in solo Cheesy 1 block vs. 4 blocks
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
Updated http://coin-control.appspot.com/ to make it include a form to enter your address, and show pool hash rate.

Ha. So due to a screwup earlier, about 100MH/s of my capacity was offline.  Since it wasn't much, I probably wouldn't have noticed until tomorrow morning but I happened to load your page and saw that the MH/s rate looked a little lower than expected. 

I just sent you 0.21 BTC, the expected BTC return from 8 hours of 100MH/s. I at least owed you that much. Thanks!
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Hello Luke, I like your effort and I'm joining your pool, I was using deepbit before.

Please keep up the good work, I don't really like to idea to give too much power to just one pool ;-)
Pages:
Jump to: