Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 31. (Read 116949 times)

legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
If you haven't been active for a week the remaining balance will be paid. Also, the number you're looking at is just an estimate for how much you will earn for that particular round. Every time a block is solved, that reward is added to your balance, and that number will not go down if you stop mining.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Your balance goes ups & downs, but what u get paid is not.
It seems the connection between the balance & current has some strange connection.
When i mine, i also gets ups & downs. But if i stop, then my balance is what was original or increased if a block was solved when i mine.
Seems as every pool this pools also takes ur shares in current block only.
So, while u mining, it will be showing u some balance, hoping that this pool solves the block & u get some bitcoins u shared for current blocks + ur original balance.
When another pool finds block, then it starts from scratch again for current block. so, again it will be reflected as down in u r balance & going up.
He is not taking ur coins or balance. But the balance connected to the current coins u MAY get.
That creating ups & downs in the balance.

I am not 100% sure about what i said above. if wrong some correct.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
One last question/concern... Eligius doesn't pay until a "balance" goes over 1btc, and then it pays once the block is solved right? So my question/concern is, if my balance keeps going down because I'm not generating as many shares as others, even if the block gets solved faster, I will never get paid? It's been about 5-7 hours now, and i've watched my balance bounce between 0.370 and 0.379, but for every step up, its like two steps down, as im now at 0.365. At this rate, its not even the decrease thats bothering me, so much as the fact that i will never hit 1btc at this rate/as more users with better rigs join because my 78Mh/s just can't generate enough shares to net an increase in balance.

Is this totally wrong and im completely missing something? Or should i switch back to deepbit or slush if it comes back up since at least there i always went forward, never backwards in my efforts.
Thanks for the explanations and clarification and perspective. Only been on Eligius for about 10 hours, so seeing things differently was a bit startling.
legendary
Meh, been decreasing consistently for the last couple hours now even submitting shares Sad oh well, having a balance to decrease better than not having a balance at all i guess.
It's because the total hash rate of the pool is increasing, so your share from each block gets smaller. On the other hand more blocks will be solved in the same amount of time, so your average payout/day will be the same. I consider it a good thing.
People are submitting shares. You aren't. So your share of the next block goes down proportionally.

Meh, been decreasing consistently for the last couple hours now even submitting shares Sad oh well, having a balance to decrease better than not having a balance at all i guess.
legendary
The effect would be the same on Deepbit if he was showing the expected reward.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
People are submitting shares. You aren't. So your share of the next block goes down proportionally.
I made Coin Control so you can view your Eligius stats

http://coin-control.appspot.com/

Why is the balance changing over time? My balance is decreasing right now.

I was curious of this myself... I had to stop mining for a few minutes and a few reboots and noticed when i got back up and running my balance had dropped ~0.01 give or take. Figured it probably had something to do with how luke-jr does the shares/balance/payout system.
Activity: 6

Why is the balance changing over time? My balance is decreasing right now.
legendary

Nice, but it would be more user friendly if you add a text field for the address and a submit button to this page, so people don't have to manipulate the address field.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
So, how do I see my balance? I tested your pool a few hours with a GPU so I could expect a few bitcents coming my way sometime in the future? Or are those lost until I've racked up over 1BTC?
This is a wonderful service!  Thank you! 
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
more than 6 blocks the past 24h,. very very good!
the problems with disconnections, miner idle etc are caused only by my router, after a reset, no problems!
Activity: 29
By the way, if you have any feature requests, just PM me.
Activity: 9
Activity: 9
Activity: 29

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Pool seems to be working great for me, thanks lukejr!
Pages:
Jump to: