Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 30. (Read 116939 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I deployed an update tonight to finally solve (correctly) the malfunction last week where the pool neglected to pay miners... but apparently didn't test it well enough before making it live. When caching was enabled, it slowed down the merkle chain step by almost a minute, causing some intermittent connectivity issues. I noticed MySQL was bottlenecking, so began by trying to investigate how to optimize that, assuming it was growing pains (we reached over 50 GH/s today for the first time). What was really happening is that with the caching enabled, it was dividing the next block among all shares ever, rather than just since the last block. And once again, we had the worst timing possible to find the next block: it got distributed that way before I realized the full extent of the problem. This means the pool paid a total of 13 BTC to the wrong addresses. Since these 13 BTC actually went to other people, I can't just sendmany and correct like last time (other than out of my own pocket). I am therefore asking each of you who received excess payment to either continue (or begin) mining on the pool at least until the overpayment is paid off, or to make other arrangements with me to send the overpayment to the correct owners. Thanks, and apologizes to all who were underpaid-- I will make sure you get reimbursed eventually, even if I end up having to take it out of my own wallet.

Code:
1jT8tyQe4p1vF9TZ8zsxzsj2L3aehvF1v  has -318471388
1QDs3u4NawCmPBfMxWzZARbwjWwEQdTFTd has -242472392
1HcbN4NTAcUhcXVfgs2KooVhtK6nwUkaog has -190497286
1NJiq6mPGWaEQUFwcnAWBjVAJES5UZLeQp has -175717391
16u6Z8N5zf3GpUwsTApUvMKGw6HZU7h1qd has -168407626
15syQPo3NadEtD4UVv34ixjkZvztCHCcX1 has  -68829181
19uXX5nHK9hYQqvEYUi1tBGieLqYB5aSN4 has  -60526821
17MS6qKSXcHwSYf3DFA3rQpXMu6FRHFK1p has  -51500474
1EofMsPEsmzFgPAqHpq8HatjgM8YEMuiFU has  -16040960
1MESTRPJgLuhCouwEma4E2kA3nmaT3x8yN has   -5488747
1L5g76dpbFpuaK2HVdfCL1JXzbvi4YA27V has    -875429
1LgfGCf1mDpjhyYB48S18VnGkkqVBvG4Sz has     -97557
17rrS4xi7GqHXsjgGzfYcG9GDqVVJbzvBK has     -83545
15PPqZNQqPA5G9hCbESR4HToXGaJw5P8Au has     -27164
1Cpd6Ebwup1qtzFZjxApQWoQ6LUxasTzc2 has     -25834
15bnv7rFW7NsfPMGhKbiTCf83PKxiqcagH has     -20373
1LKFqkGCLiRQaTfJCM9aANwEHFquKagFVj has     -15952
12uvgefc7XwzzRprAepbdAnu97GRh7qYuP has     -10739
1DpQMqnJx2YLBLTjECAePbkRMqGeQW1SEJ has      -2961
1JgEApHv5euFBML2qre7qekzxzQsEurxu4 has       -683
1286dneatem2UScXtRiwM6ncF2CA6AEQ5t has        -30
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Im still having some serious connection/stability issues Sad
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Anyone else having connection/idle issues?

EDIT: Working now.
Activity: 29
Updated http://coin-control.appspot.com/ to make it include a form to enter your address, and show pool hash rate.
Activity: 41
Luke-Jr,

I like your latests stats (especially because my worker found a block). Is it possible to make this data available on your server, updated whenever the pool found a block?

Cheers!
legendary
I want to know how many blocks I have solved for your pool.
Here it is, but please note this is irrelevant data, and tells you nothing about who might or might not have found a block solo-mining.
Code:
mysql> select count(*) as blocks, username from shares where upstream_result='Y' group by username order by blocks, username;
+--------+------------------------------------+
| blocks | username                           |
|      1 | 12N1zD7RDk9FodVJWGu6mm4JxmoPdwZZFw |
|      1 | 14KNFwF8dVoC2r5yyckFTZdfnHAkU4BSxU |
|      1 | 16u6Z8N5zf3GpUwsTApUvMKGw6HZU7h1qd |
|      1 | 17EE2yvRqRk3so48fvk2dtUdBYcB8yMsF8 |
|      1 | 17gvseN698hbmeRKa4NC6LtsJo45oqpF3p |
|      1 | 17MS6qKSXcHwSYf3DFA3rQpXMu6FRHFK1p |
|      1 | 19c8FiddoGnvX7DFXSqLNPTfKtiZ29w6Te |
|      1 | 1C4hgGujvGM9U32r8bhK6XPEwKKmhTSwUY |
|      1 | 1CiWEKiF5J5Xarxu1MMM7YMuZ51xBMs3Bw |
|      1 | 1Dh225PqFhD8eDFzqPoT8j5uhPF2j815Cb |
|      1 | 1DhV9Xf9wfXmngaW2WbjEti8WoRJzrHCC7 |
|      1 | 1DiDC5jb96GR2d5LVsWuSdSB3q5zbns2Bo |
|      1 | 1DYMBjQqcgbaEQ64jVNRDkKSspfqgDXTpa |
|      1 | 1EyB7VhC911SoviLVNKYkodRXEbQgvP7Pb |
|      1 | 1FCuPNz2xAtFV3xnVnMuW3uC4g6xXUngET |
|      1 | 1HA1fNoiFe9D7Kcb7zpA5wY6bbR3FQVn2A |
|      1 | 1HcbN4NTAcUhcXVfgs2KooVhtK6nwUkaog |
|      1 | 1JoSZ1Foc5sXSbmRdTqghgoAtpj9jGZiYa |
|      1 | 1LftD91GtgA8Jicqzp7CsRgFGKesAo4Lrn |
|      1 | 1MmhDAnCKkeJwCbgExnvrL2fk7n1WGM5De |
|      1 | 1NkdAgbMLrcSQZYhXYamg7VBFaUr4Qfk9m |
|      2 | 13CUe6FDXkX7QFwKYCAHeJePZgiuj293Hj |
|      2 | 15xWuDHSyKzpvp6FacGKXijBeaaaYhKWSi |
|      2 | 1GKZ7YBMSquJTwxEuBmvAiuG5dwq3h1CvA |
|      2 | 1QDs3u4NawCmPBfMxWzZARbwjWwEQdTFTd |
|      3 | 1JNuUZmgJ46nFzgM2JeoZiEt2Rn8KpG8zB |
|      3 | 1KoBYhF3uNS5ZvGTd4RNjWc7VbMqQfDwzy |
|      4 | 14rJYeAPkXGDRVeTcEn7czE9xNaU5aRi64 |
28 rows in set (2.77 sec)

Has anyone else been having problems with Eligius lately? I'm getting lots of idle miner warnings and RPC connection errors.
Apparently a lot of people can't use port 8337, and pointed their miners at port 80. Port 80 was an Apache providing reverse-proxy to pushpool. It got overwhelmed pretty fast, due to this and another reason. As a temporary measure, I have added another IP to my server and setup iptables to send its port 80 direct to pushpool. After a couple of restarts of Apache, everyone has been migrated to a direct pushpool connection. However, there is one stubborn fellow who refuses to honour the 60 second TTL on my DNS record. Furthermore, this guy is also keeping 3 active connections at a time! I have used iptables to forward his IP (sjs-130-65-215-206.sjsu.edu) to pushpool always. Which means he can't get stats or BitGit or such. Whoever this is, tell me when you have your system fixed and I'll undo it...

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Has anyone else been having problems with Eligius lately? I'm getting lots of idle miner warnings and RPC connection errors.
I pointed my miner to Eligius a couple of hours ago, but got way too many idle miner warnings and RPC connection errors. I went back to deepbit after about 30 minutes. No problems there. Maybe I will try Eligius again sometimes later  Huh
Activity: 66
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I was using a CPU miner on work today and sometimes it took about 30 minutes to get a share (I also had 3 minute shares). I was wondering how that would work within the block chain. In the 30 minutes time to complete the share there would already 3 blocks been generated. Would this "share" not be outdated by the time I submitted it back?
I understand how normal mining works, but this pooled mining seems to work different. What am I missing?

If you want to use CPU miner then i recommend deepbit's PPS. coz that will give u for the share u submits.
Not only this pool, many can't ,coz when u find a share with cpu, it may have become stale.

I tried the cpu method yesterday night. But not exactly using cpu, Since slush pool was down & came back online when i was about to go to sleep, i put slush pool mining in -v -w128 -f1 & another miner, i really forgot whether it is pps or luke -v -w127 & no f.
That made slush miner to mine at full speed & another with 1100+ Khash/s
Saw, some ~10 shares accepted & many new block found....
eck
Activity: 18
I just started mining on this pool a day ago with a 6990.

I noticed this in the balance file for my wallet ID:
{"earned":74171106,"paid":158675263,"balance":1425378}

I have indeed been paid $1.58. I'm not quite sure what the earned parameter means however. I thought it would be paid+balance, but it doesn't appear to be.

Also, when Bitcoin says it matures in X more blocks - does that mean it matures when ANYONE creates X more blocks or when the pool does?

Thanks!

eck
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
I was using a CPU miner on work today and sometimes it took about 30 minutes to get a share (I also had 3 minute shares). I was wondering how that would work within the block chain. In the 30 minutes time to complete the share there would already 3 blocks been generated. Would this "share" not be outdated by the time I submitted it back?

I understand how normal mining works, but this pooled mining seems to work different. What am I missing?
Activity: 94
The only thing I want is the ability to track my solved blocks. ;]
I don't understand what that means.

I want to know how many blocks I have solved for your pool.
Sorry for not making that clear.
legendary
I don't understand what that means.
Activity: 94

Awesome pool, Luke.

legendary
So, how do I see my balance? I tested your pool a few hours with a GPU so I could expect a few bitcents coming my way sometime in the future? Or are those lost until I've racked up over 1BTC?
Payouts occur when your balance reaches 1 BTC, or you haven't mined for a week, whichever is sooner.

One last question/concern... Eligius doesn't pay until a "balance" goes over 1btc, and then it pays once the block is solved right? So my question/concern is, if my balance keeps going down because I'm not generating as many shares as others, even if the block gets solved faster, I will never get paid? It's been about 5-7 hours now, and i've watched my balance bounce between 0.370 and 0.379, but for every step up, its like two steps down, as im now at 0.365. At this rate, its not even the decrease thats bothering me, so much as the fact that i will never hit 1btc at this rate/as more users with better rigs join because my 78Mh/s just can't generate enough shares to net an increase in balance.
If you get 0.50 BTC from the pool twice a day, it adds up to 1 BTC. If you get 0.25 BTC from the pool four times a day, it also adds up to 1 BTC in the same time period. So no matter how your earnings-per-block change, the blocks-per-day should also be changing to make it come out the same in the end.

[The balance] will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.
How about changing this to “the balance will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or when nothing has been paid for one week, whichever comes first”?  For some of us with CPU miners it will take ages to reach 1 BTC, and getting paid at least once per week will be encouraging.
As soon as message signing becomes standardized, I hope to allow changing the minimum payout on a per-address basis.

So there seem to be two different things:
  • Amount if Bitcoins that I have earned and will be sent to my Bitcoin adress some day. (This Amount does not change)
  • An expected value that will be added to this amount when the next Block is solved.
How can I find these two numbers?

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/blocks/latest.json includes the first.
http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/balances.json is the total combination.

However, note that the block json files do not consider manual payouts (such as I had to do because of a bug about a week ago).
Activity: 6
So there seem to be two different things:
  • Amount if Bitcoins that I have earned and will be sent to my Bitcoin adress some day. (This Amount does not change)
  • An expected value that will be added to this amount when the next Block is solved.
How can I find these two numbers?

Which of these two numbers is the number that is called "Balance" on http://coin-control.appspot.com ?

I go back to deepbit until I find an explanation how Eligius works that I actually understand. Deepbit is so successful because you get  0.00041032137601209 BTC per share, no questions asked. This is transparent and simple. I don't want to use a miner without user interface that does not dispay my balance, and if it does the balance is decreasing.

Like Einstein said: “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”.
Activity: 41
Donations for pool may be sent to: 1RNUbHZwo2PmrEQiuX5ascLEXmtcFpooL
awesome address, how did you generate that? (assuming the "pooL" is intentional)

well, gavin made a patch for this a long time ago. search for "vanity" in the forum. Smiley
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Donations for pool may be sent to: 1RNUbHZwo2PmrEQiuX5ascLEXmtcFpooL
awesome address, how did you generate that? (assuming the "pooL" is intentional)
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Unselfish actions pay back better

[The balance] will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.

How about changing this to “the balance will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or when nothing has been paid for one week, whichever comes first”?  For some of us with CPU miners it will take ages to reach 1 BTC, and getting paid at least once per week will be encouraging.

Cheers,
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
i confirm the above Smiley
i had stopped mining at eligius when i saw a big reward from previous mining activities :p
Pages:
Jump to: