Pages:
Author

Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool (Read 4381848 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I ponder often upon the question of what Satoshi Nakamoto envisaged when it really come to mining and the opportunity and it's fairness thereof?? How can a hard working individual be part of a system and reap it's rewards through mining when you have what is many mining farms now?? Just curious because most always seem to lose out due to old saying "you need money to make money" but more specifically to the topic at in mind, the more computing power.

I wonder due to not being a developer/programmer/computer scientist, what has been done if anything to address (if possible?) what is mentioned in the last paragraph about "...false positive near-hits..."Huh

ribuck's description is spot on.

Pool operators can modify their getwork to take one additional parameter, the address to send your share to.

The easy way for the pool operator would be to wait until the next block is found and divy it up proportionally as:
user's near-hits/total near-hits from everyone

That would be easier and safer to start up.  It also has the advantage that multiple hits from the same user can be combined into one transaction.  A lot of your hits will usually be from the same people.

The instant gratification way would be to pay a fixed amount for each near-hit immediately, and the operator takes the risk from randomness of having more or less near-hits before a block is found.

Either way, the user who submits the hit that solves the block should get an extra amount off the top, like 10 BTC.

New users wouldn't really even need the Bitcoin software.  They could download a miner, create an account on mtgox or mybitcoin, enter their deposit address into the miner and point it at anyone's pool server.  When the miner says it found something, a while later a few coins show up in their account.

Miner writers better make sure they never false-positive near-hits.  Users will depend on that to check if the pool operator is cheating them.  If the miner wrongly says it found something, users will look in their account, not find anything, and get mad at the pool operator.
[/b][/u][/b]
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
They eventually paid it out - i no longer mine there so not sure if they pay it out regularly now
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
If you provide them a NMC address they will send you your accumulated NMC.

But if you haven't mined at Slush for a very long time this won't be much anyway.
So not sure why you are making such a fuss about it and are calling them bastards.

I have had a NMC address in there since 2018 - I used to mine there a lot. but after a year of seeing that the merged mining was not being paid out (when they stopped right before NMC peaked at $10 to $13 a coin) so the reward can be substantial to some.  I asked and was told that it would be a few weeks to get it paid out, after 2 months, I asked again and was given another date. After that, I stopped mining there.  Since then they have said numerous times that they were going to pay it out. I am curious what does an exchange have to do with paying out the rewards to the miners? If there is a lack of accepting exchanges, that affects the miners not Slush. So that is another bullshit answer.

Even a year ago it was over a dollar a coin - now its under 40 cents a coin. So, they probably kept/sold all the NMC when it worth something, and now that it isnt, they will just buy enough to pay everyone their "rewards" meanwhile doing so they made a profit.

I understand that merged mining is just a benefit and all but when a company promises it, shows you the rewards you should be getting but then never gives it, that makes them liars and the fact that they lie makes them bastards. At least to me.

Not to mention that whole fiasco with the mining company who had hack firmware that was on the pool getting tons of payouts and when it was identified their firmware was bullshit and no good and never found a block - they allowed them to keep all the rewards they were paid out - when they should have in fact made them pay it back and then distributed it to those that were actually mining to the benefit of the pool.
OK, so this issue seems to have been ignored and disappeared.

However, very recently slush updated their status on one of the pool list sites and it states that they merge mine NMC for everyone.

So ... what's the deal?
https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
If you don't use Braiins OS+ the pool keeps its 2% fee instead of giving it back to you.

The point of using Braiins OS+ isn't just to get a discount in Slush Pool, but to improve the miner efficiency. As i just posted in the Braiins OS thread, a miner just claimed 22.8 J/TH with the S19 PRO 110th model (107Th @~2450W) so you can do your own math to see if this is worth or not...

And now that you mention, the A series was recently added in the latest 2022-03-21 minor release, there is no need to force the model detection anymore. Of course, the whole x19 support is still in "early access", so if you don't like to participate in public tests, you can simply wait for future releases.

The point of the Slush Pool discount when you use Braiins OS+ with it is to make it an even better deal for you. You are free to use any other firmware with the pool, or any other pool with the firmware.
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Quote from: Hood Mining
8/X As of March 14 plotted the aggregate results of the daily rewards in a google sheet. Didn't expect what I saw...

After 27 Days here are the sats earned results:

1. @slush_pool  - 41,228
2. @f2pool_official - 38,303
3. @officialpoolin - 38,324
4. @LuxorTechTeam - 20,256

https://twitter.com/hoodmining/status/1507031754334421005?s=21

Do we get a break on mining to Slushpool if Braiins OS isn't offered for our Asics?

For example I don't see it for the Bitmain S19APro 110TH units listed as supported by Braiins OS and I don't want to be the lab rat Tongue !

EDIT: I have been contacted and provided Braiins OS Firmware for the S19APro.  I may give this a go in a week or so on Slushpool.

legendary
Quote from: Hood Mining
8/X As of March 14 plotted the aggregate results of the daily rewards in a google sheet. Didn't expect what I saw...

After 27 Days here are the sats earned results:

1. @slush_pool  - 41,228
2. @f2pool_official - 38,303
3. @officialpoolin - 38,324
4. @LuxorTechTeam - 20,256

https://twitter.com/hoodmining/status/1507031754334421005?s=21
legendary
Who is getting the funding

It is very clear, go check the organization home page: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Your political statement, no one cares, and its off topic. Take it to Politics & Society.
Activity: 630
Merit: 506
Who is getting the funding from the mining because both Ukraine and Russia are evil people, do you know that that the Ukrainian army attacked Donbas in 2014, Ukrainian soldiers forced them “to sing the anthem of Ukraine by force, under machine guns.” members of Ukraine’s Aidar battalion indiscriminately firing on a village in Donbas, and a distraught woman crying over her son and grand-daughter’s deaths as a result of Ukrainian shelling.

Members of the Avoz Battalion are also shown conducting a Cathedral of Light ceremony, which was a staple of Nazi Party rallies.

“The People’s Republics of Donbass appealed to Russia with a request for help. in accordance with Article 51, Part 7 of the UN Charter, with the sanction of the Federation Council of Russia, and in accordance with the treaties of friendship and mutual assistance ratified by the Federal Assembly on February 22 this year with the Donetsk People’s Republic and the Lugansk People’s Republic

the Russians did not enter Kiev on the night of 25th, 26th, so the newly armed residents of Kiev started shooting each other.”

All this can be verified

I will never support war in any form they both are TRASH!
legendary
Thank you for joining! The current hashrate for this fund is nearly 4.8 PH/s!

Remember you too can login into this account in Slush Pool

Login: help@ukraine
Password: ukraine

If you want to add your miner, simply use the User/worker name: ukraine

And use any of the Slush Pool url addresses, currently:

stratum+tcp://stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://us-east.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://br.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://ca.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://sg.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://jp.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://ru-west.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
stratum+tcp://kz.stratum.slushpool.com:3333

Those of you using Stratum V2 can use these for better privacy (its encrypted, V1 is clear text):

stratum2+tcp://v2.stratum.slushpool.com/u95GEReVMjK6k5YqiSFNqqTnKU4ypU2Wm8awa6tmbmDmk1bWt
stratum2+tcp://v2.eu.stratum.slushpool.com/u95GEReVMjK6k5YqiSFNqqTnKU4ypU2Wm8awa6tmbmDmk1bWt
stratum2+tcp://v2.us-east.stratum.slushpool.com/u95GEReVMjK6k5YqiSFNqqTnKU4ypU2Wm8awa6tmbmDmk1bWt
stratum2+tcp://v2.br.stratum.slushpool.com/u95GEReVMjK6k5YqiSFNqqTnKU4ypU2Wm8awa6tmbmDmk1bWt
stratum2+tcp://v2.ru-west.stratum.slushpool.com/u95GEReVMjK6k5YqiSFNqqTnKU4ypU2Wm8awa6tmbmDmk1bWt
stratum2+tcp://v2.kz.stratum.slushpool.com/u95GEReVMjK6k5YqiSFNqqTnKU4ypU2Wm8awa6tmbmDmk1bWt

Those of you using Braiins OS+ can dedicate a % of your hashrate, simply add a second group! Like this:

• Go to Configuration > Pools > Pool Groups

• Add a New Group with any name you wish, i used "Another" in this example

• Use a Fixed Share Ratio to specify a % as decimals. The rest will go to the first group, no need to change it.

In this example, 12% of the hashrate will be sent to the second group which has the pools you define.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I don't think so. I asked the pretty much the same question at Twitter and as a reply I was pointed to see that hashrate donation campaign.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Hashrate for Ukraine
Our bitcoin and hashrate are supporting Ukraine. Join us!

Braiins is proudly based in Prague, Czech Republic, a country which has a long history of Russian occupation. We know first-hand the suffering this can cause to a country and its people.

Bitcoin for Ukraine

Today we are starting a hashrate donation account on Slush Pool the proceeds of which will go directly to the Return Alive Foundation in support of the Ukrainian people as they fight to remain an independent sovereign nation.

We are kick starting this initiative with a donation of 10 BTC (see tx) and provision of 2.5 petahash of our own hashrate.

Help with your hashrate!

You can join the initiative from anywhere in the world. Direct your hashrate to our fundraising Slush Pool account name: ukraine (any workername).

Mining URL: stratum+tcp://stratum.slushpool.com:3333 - userName: ukraine - list of all available endpoints can be found here.

Join us!

- Braiins team

P.S. As always, we want to be transparent, so anyone can access and view the account using a read-only profile with login: help@ukraine and password: ukraine.

Are slushpool also going to freeze the accounts of Russian miners?
legendary
Hashrate for Ukraine
Our bitcoin and hashrate are supporting Ukraine. Join us!

Braiins is proudly based in Prague, Czech Republic, a country which has a long history of Russian occupation. We know first-hand the suffering this can cause to a country and its people.

Bitcoin for Ukraine

Today we are starting a hashrate donation account on Slush Pool the proceeds of which will go directly to the Return Alive Foundation in support of the Ukrainian people as they fight to remain an independent sovereign nation.

We are kick starting this initiative with a donation of 10 BTC (see tx) and provision of 2.5 petahash of our own hashrate.

Help with your hashrate!

You can join the initiative from anywhere in the world. Direct your hashrate to our fundraising Slush Pool account name: ukraine (any workername).

Mining URL: stratum+tcp://stratum.slushpool.com:3333 - userName: ukraine - list of all available endpoints can be found here.

Join us!

- Braiins team

P.S. As always, we want to be transparent, so anyone can access and view the account using a read-only profile with login: help@ukraine and password: ukraine.
legendary
legendary
Went to SatoshiLabs as far as i know.

The pool is currently doing 10.65 EH/s
copper member
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
What ever happened to Marek Palatinus
legendary
Happy Birthday Slush Pool!

As you can see in the first post, today the pool is 11 years old.

Hashrate 8.932Eh/s
166 962 workers
16 852 active users
legendary
Don't give up just yet, you still have a chance, you might be able to convince Slush to just send you the rewards to the old address, Artemis3 is a team member at BO and a good forum member so he should be first to reach out to.

The second person would be Irina the head of support, Jan Čapek is also a very helpful person (I think he is the founder or something), anyway, you can find all these folks on telegram https://t.me/BraiinsOS, you might want to PM them instead since that channel is more about the firmware than the mining pool itself, you don't want to be spamming the wrong group.

Again, don't feel bad, chances are, you are going to get your money back, keep us updated.

Indeed, this type of case and any other Slush Pool issues are handled via support ticket at the Slush Pool site itself.

The Telegram concept for what is a Group vs Channel is different, with the later originally not allowing chat but now its an optional feature to allow discussion in a separate tab.

The channel called Braiins is for the company announcements. It has discussion enabled, but its not (really) meant for support.
The groups called Braiins OS (EN ES RU FA ZH) are, for Braiins OS which is the ASIC mining firmware Smiley
There is a also a channel that notifies when each block found by Slush Pool.

Any other groups/channels in Telegram bearing the name "Slushpool" or any variant of, are scammers.

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
damn it I fucked up.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

I was going to withdraw, but I wanted to make sure I have the old PK i used for this account.   After a while I found it, but I started thinking, maybe i should use a new address. I added a new segwit wallet and then they wanted me to verify via my email.  But that old email I used is locked by google. I can't unlock it no matter what i try.  Now I'm fucked. I can't even go back to the old pay out address.   FUUUUCCK

Don't give up just yet, you still have a chance, you might be able to convince Slush to just send you the rewards to the old address, Artemis3 is a team member at BO and a good forum member so he should be first to reach out to.

The second person would be Irina the head of support, Jan Čapek is also a very helpful person (I think he is the founder or something), anyway, you can find all these folks on telegram https://t.me/BraiinsOS, you might want to PM them instead since that channel is more about the firmware than the mining pool itself, you don't want to be spamming the wrong group.

Again, don't feel bad, chances are, you are going to get your money back, keep us updated.

Thank you for that. I made a ticket with their support so i'll go that route first before spamming those guys

Thanks for the info though. I hope i won't need it!

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U

I was going to withdraw, but I wanted to make sure I have the old PK i used for this account.   After a while I found it, but I started thinking, maybe i should use a new address. I added a new segwit wallet and then they wanted me to verify via my email.  But that old email I used is locked by google. I can't unlock it no matter what i try.  Now I'm fucked. I can't even go back to the old pay out address.   FUUUUCCK

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
Can anyone help me?
I used to mine on slush pool back in 2014 or so. 

I only mined for about a year and just today my friend said he is starting to mine. I told him I used to mine on slush and for shits I went to login to see if my account still works. I guess I left some "dust" in there, (just under 0.01) and it used to be like 5 bucks or something and now it's like 600. Is there anyway I can get that out? I don't have a miner anymore so I can't really reach my 0.01 threshodl

Thanks for any help.

The minimum payout threshold on Slushpool is 0.001 BTC which is just about $65, so if you have just under 0.01 then you can withdraw without any extra fees, just set your payout address and wait for their payout, the maximum you have to wait on most pools is 24 hours assuming your timing is really bad.

Thank you! I didn't know that  Smiley

Can anyone help me?
I used to mine on slush pool back in 2014 or so. 

I only mined for about a year and just today my friend said he is starting to mine. I told him I used to mine on slush and for shits I went to login to see if my account still works. I guess I left some "dust" in there, (just under 0.01) and it used to be like 5 bucks or something and now it's like 600. Is there anyway I can get that out? I don't have a miner anymore so I can't really reach my 0.01 threshodl

Thanks for any help.

The minimum payout threshold on Slushpool is 0.001 BTC which is just about $65, so if you have just under 0.01 then you can withdraw without any extra fees, just set your payout address and wait for their payout, the maximum you have to wait on most pools is 24 hours assuming your timing is really bad.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Pages:
Jump to: