Pages:
Author

Topic: 400 BTC sent to an unknow address. (COINS RETURNED) 40 BTC reward. - page 2. (Read 19793 times)

legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
Wow I am glad this turned out okay, I would have freaked if even 4 BTC disappeared  Shocked
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
10 characters? How long did that take to generate? Or did you convert a farm to solving a vanityGen for a while? Either way, impressive!

Only "Bowser" was the desired prefix, case insensitive, the rest are random.  In fact I almost don't like it, because "Serbs" is an actual word that detracts from the intended prefix.

If I'd generated that address, I'd change my name to "Bow Serbsen, L.B.E.L."

Haha there would be so many  Shocked's

Glad you got your coins, Goat!
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I'm glad to hear everything worked out!

I think Maged made a good assessment of the contributions.  Your proposed distribution seems reasonable.  Of course you are free to distribute the coins however you choose.

You can send my portion to 1FtT9htpgKGsEoEdJVu88vMbbsaKzMTcrd.  Thanks!
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
10 characters? How long did that take to generate? Or did you convert a farm to solving a vanityGen for a while? Either way, impressive!

Only "Bowser" was the desired prefix, case insensitive, the rest are random.  In fact I almost don't like it, because "Serbs" is an actual word that detracts from the intended prefix.

If I'd generated that address, I'd change my name to "Bow Serbsen, L.B.E.L."
vip

Only "Bowser" was the desired prefix, case insensitive, the rest are random.  In fact I almost don't like it, because "Serbs" is an actual word that detracts from the intended prefix.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
My address is 1BowSerbsenLBELbwR5aZE1aqy7ooGCydT

vip
My address is 1BowSerbsenLBELbwR5aZE1aqy7ooGCydT, though it's completely your call.  No reward is required, but if you send one, I'll remember it for a long time!  (That address is one on a paper wallet that I don't plan to import for a while, I treat the page on Block Explorer sort of how one might treat a "barnstar" page on Wikipedia.)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
glbse deserves a 40 all their own, better than 400...
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Somehow I think this thread is a great case study for what it takes to track down the owner of an address.

Impossible to go it alone, but as people with different pieces of the puzzle start piling them all in one place - and so long as all are willing to cooperate - with persistence, a breakthrough.

So much for anonymity Wink

vip
Somehow I think this thread is a great case study for what it takes to track down the owner of an address.

Impossible to go it alone, but as people with different pieces of the puzzle start piling them all in one place - and so long as all are willing to cooperate - with persistence, a breakthrough.
N12
donator
That's true, but it shouldn't be expected since Goat is already a major customer with them. The customer satisfaction alone from this will generate them plenty of money anyway.
Good point, that is a bit different than an individual.

I just like to see honesty rewarded with a small token, even if it’s 1 Bitcoin, as it sends a message to all bulanula scammers out there.

I like how quickly this was resolved.

Goat is very lucky not to have sent to a bulanula. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
In order to prevent "bulanulas", I think it is a good idea to give whoever recovers the Bitcoins some share, in this case the GLBSE support.

At least that’s what I would do, since without their honesty you would have seen 0 BTC (deniability).
That's true, but it shouldn't be expected since Goat is already a major customer with them. The customer satisfaction alone from this will generate them plenty of money anyway.
N12
donator
In order to prevent "bulanulas", I think it is a good idea to give whoever recovers the Bitcoins some share, in this case the GLBSE support.

At least that’s what I would do, since without their honesty you would have seen 0 BTC (deniability).
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
I saw it and I would have done the same if somebody sent me XXX BTC for nothing. I

My case was different. Because he attacked me without giving me chance to return the 22.5 BTC I refused to give refund but instead chose to give him service he paid for.

He did not want to accept service but wanted to get me scammer tag and never see the BTC back.

Solid brother..   Roll Eyes

Was it worth 25 btc? 

Your a joke, and will always be..
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
This happy outcome warms my coinpurse.  Kiss
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame
How often is the owner found? Ive seen several instances in the nightly news in the past 2 years about area police in the Omaha Nebraska region under investigation for lost funds not being handled properly.  I would trust law enforcement as far as I could throw them, and I have pathetically weak arms mate.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
This is just one example of how truly awesome this project is. You find 3000 dollars on the street, what do you do? But here Goat let everyone know what happened, and the community came together to help a fellow out.
+9001 to the community

it is simply:

you take the money to the police.

if the owner is found you get 10% of the money

if the owner is not found after 6months the money is yours

Grin
Pages:
Jump to: